Imagine Magazine Question for 4/26

I’ll start out.

This involves my most precious web link: 

Behind that link lies Comsie’s review and endorsement for my Brandon Smiling project. Our private email and chats from this point forward were always special things. I’d always get a thrill when I’d see a new Comsie email come into my inbox! We mostly just talked about Imagine Magazine and some other projects, but I got to know a lot about Comsie in those emails. I was going through them just the other day, remembering him. We had kicked off a wonderful long-distance friendship this way. 

What amazes me about how Comsie was is the fact he seemed to be able to hold this kind of friendship with so many folks! He gave everyone he could time with him to, just, be friends with him and be enthusiastic about everything! He was a wellspring of enthusiasm and positive energy! He rarely had a cross word for anyone and lived, especially, to encourage other authors with their creativity! His blogged writing tips here at GA are solid gold for any author wanting to really stretch their wings! 

If his insights into writing are gold then his insights into life and love, especially in the gay context, are diamonds! His wise life advice always built me up. He was most wise and shared that life-wisdom with the generosity that he shared everything else about him!

He shared himself so much to the point that it was painful sometimes, but it was a sweet pain. He loved his work and he loved his fans just as much.

Comsie will always be with us in his writings, but for those of us that got to know him at all, he will be forever in our hearts!

Remembering him will be easy…forgetting him - impossible!

Until we meet again, Comsie! I’ll see you on the other side.

• Love 5

Okay... I have a few entries from other sources and I added mine to the first draft. There is some "Behind the Scenes" content in mine so I need to hold it until we launch. Where this question is being asked as a "Comsie Q&A" that's how I'll set it up :) Thanks MrM! - I should say that where we are planning to launch this on June 15th so get IM back up and running, please try to have your entry by at least June 10th so I have time to format it.

Two other things for those of you who still wear your "C" symbol on Shack Holidays: May 2nd is Comsie's birthday, May 28th is Comsie's 18th Annual "Random Cake Holiday" which qualifies as official ;), and June 19th is the Shack Out Back's 26th anniversary. I've had my "C" symbol on for over a week now... I'll keep it on for a while longer. (Old Shacker traditions, If you aren't aware of this quirky tradition, you can read his original explanation at shackoutback.net and bring your Shack sense of humor with you ;)

• Love 3

I had posted this video on the Shack forum. Comsie's response was: "Hahaha! OMG, that's pretty damn cute, actually! I could TOTALLY live with that thing, if I had to!" That made me laugh even more than the initial video. I mean, living out your life with the noise-maker from a dog toy restricting your airway? The absurdity is pure Comsie.  :heart:

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..