Imagine Magazine Question For 12/31

One thing I'd like to do soon, is find a different job from the one I'm currently working. I mean, I don't HATE the work I'm doing at a restaurant. But, I feel like I need a change of scenery, you know? I've been working in the same place since May 2019. Slinging salads and warming up appetizers isn't so hard, and I've been doing it for almost five years, now! I'd like to look for something a little more challenging, that actually uses my skills. And a bigger paycheck wouldn't hurt, either!

• Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • 3 months later...
On 12/31/2023 at 8:53 PM, Comicality said:

zone-less-day.jpg

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...

Do you ever really think about it? Every single second, more time passes you by. Time that you could have been using to have fun, to make love, to pursue your goals...there it goes. There goes another one. And another one. They add up pretty quickly, believe me.

Do you have any goals for this year? Maybe you want to ask for that raise at work. Maybe you want to travel to that place that you've always wanted to visit. Maybe you've been building up the courge to ask that one cute boy out on a date. Maybe you want to get in the gym and drop ten to fifteen pounds and get a routine going. Who knows? Whatever it is that you might want in the future...what happens if you start working on it as soon as you wake up tomorrow morning? Better yet...where would you be right now if you had started working on it one year ago?

Nobody gets to live forever. And while procrastination is an art...do you ever stop and think about how much time you waste just doing nothing? I know that everybody has their responsibilities and we all get tired from time to time and end up having to crunch everything together all at once when the pressure is on...but how much time do we just 'waste'?]
]
Watching TV. Playing video games. Sleeping for more hours than we really need. Watching Youtube or hanging out in chatrooms or reading Facebook. Think about all things you could accomplish in a single day with just a little bit of focus and determination.

Our first question for the new year is...do you feel as though you waste too much time doing nothing? Or are you a real go-getter when it comes to the things you want most? Maybe there's a balance between the two? Who knows?

Give us your thoughts on this one! I'm curious as to what you might say. And be sure to tell us why! He give me a couple of sentences at least, will ya? Think about it. It might just help you put things in perspective!

I think you knew then your time was short. Such a legacy you’ve left behind. The more I delve your writing the more of an impact you’ve left. I hope your sunrise was glorious. RIP

• Love 2
  • Sad 2

Comsie’s prescience here is haunting…

Here’s a regret: Not having responded to more of these prompts when he was making them. I always said I’d ‘get around to it one day’, but never did.

This prompt should tell us all something: never put off til tomorrow what you should do today. You never know if tomorrow will come… 

• Love 2
  • Sad 2

We never know when our time is up. We have but one life to live. I’m of the mentality to make the most of it. I think Comsi would not want you to hold regrets. He wanted to reply back to my dm after I broke down and told him of my past trauma. He promised he would reply with a longer response but he said he was swamped at the moment. I think he was trying to shore up what he could knowing his time was close without actually saying it. Liver failure isn’t something that happens overnight. He had to know. I just wish I discovered GA years ago instead of nearly a yr ago😔 perhaps I would’ve gotten to know him better. I’m happy for what I did get don’t get me wrong..I’m sorry I’m just trying to get my mind settled and it refuses 

• Love 3

I get that feeling. I've only known him for the last 7, almost 8, years, but it felt like I've known him all my life. I think it's normal to have regrets. We always think we have more time tomorrow or the next day or the next week, next year. And it's only when tomorrow doesn't come for some of us that we realise 'later' is too late.

• Sad 5

Wow, what's haunting me is that I'm just seeing it for the first time now 😭 I typically just assemble them when he sends them to me. Going through his workspace, I saw the cover graphic for it. I should ask you all two questions:

1) Should I post this in Issue 104 that we are in the process of planning since it will be the last Q&A that Comsie created? (We're aiming for June at this point)

2) Do you think we should continue doing them? 

Some things will need to change but some of them we can do for him. I mean, he put the time into creating the concept and I'm crazy enough to take on the additional workload. What do you all think?

*HUGZ*

• Love 3

Yes and yes.

I know the topic makes it sting more than any other would, but in a way, it's probably the closest we'll ever get to knowing his thoughts and feelings on what he probably knew was coming. So to me it's something that should be posted, but I'll understand if you all decide otherwise.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Shadow086 said:

Yes and yes.

I know the topic makes it sting more than any other would, but in a way, it's probably the closest we'll ever get to knowing his thoughts and feelings on what he probably knew was coming. So to me it's something that should be posted, but I'll understand if you all decide otherwise.

I totally agree.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, JeffsFort said:

Wow, what's haunting me is that I'm just seeing it for the first time now 😭 I typically just assemble them when he sends them to me. Going through his workspace, I saw the cover graphic for it. I should ask you all two questions:

1) Should I post this in Issue 104 that we are in the process of planning since it will be the last Q&A that Comsie created? (We're aiming for June at this point)

2) Do you think we should continue doing them? 

Some things will need to change but some of them we can do for him. I mean, he put the time into creating the concept and I'm crazy enough to take on the additional workload. What do you all think?

*HUGZ*

Yes and Yes

• Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..