Live Chat Probs

JustynC

When I click on Live Chat it says I need a JAVA 5.7 update well I did that and I still get the same messages although it says I am in chat but I'm not Grrr what am I doing wrong?

Edited by JustynC

I'm using MSN Windows XP its weird cause it was working like 2 weeks ago

This is what they said

JAVA SOFTWARE for Your Computer

We detected your Java environment as follows;

Description Your Environment

Java Runtime Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java Runtime Version 1.5.0_07

CONGRATULATIONS, you have the Latest version of Java!

I do apperciate your help Joe

Hmm... I dont know what to do then. I'm having problems of my own with it right now. Every time I run it, my CPU usage shoots up to 100% and I lag out.

Try downloading another browser and using that. If it works, then you've isolated the problem to IE. If it doesnt work, then you know its a java issue.

Joe

i had problems last night for the first time ever and couldn't get into chat, i ended up uninstalling all java software on my computer then reinstalling it after clearing all cookies. It works ok now so it may help :)

I had to do the same thing as Mark. Uninstall all forms of java on your computer and then reinstall 5.7 that should work if not let me know i have a few other suggertions that might help.

I'd like to have a new feature added to the chat. I want people who don't say anything for 5 or 10 minutes to automatically logged out. There are often a lot of people in there who aren't even near their computer and just record the conversation there. :thumbdown:

Tob

I use firefox and it always crashes it.

I can't use IE cuz it doesnt' have java or something

i can't install java cuz my parents made it so that everything i want to install has to be done by them

I'd like to have a new feature added to the chat. I want people who don't say anything for 5 or 10 minutes to automatically logged out. There are often a lot of people in there who aren't even near their computer and just record the conversation there. :thumbdown:

Tob

Sometimes I don't say anything for a while because I don't have anything to say though...

Sometimes I don't say anything for a while because I don't have anything to say though...

I know, I don't say anything sometimes too, but at least a lol every 10 minutes should be doable. I just suggested this because today two other members have been in chat, but didn't say anything. So I logged out after 10 minutes without getting any response.

Tob

Logging people out after 10 minutes of no talking? :o Maybe after a half hour of no talking. People get busy, so what is the big deal anyways?

Kurt

Hmm... I dont know what to do then. I'm having problems of my own with it right now. Every time I run it, my CPU usage shoots up to 100% and I lag out.

Try downloading another browser and using that. If it works, then you've isolated the problem to IE. If it doesnt work, then you know its a java issue.

Joe

i had problems last night for the first time ever and couldn't get into chat, i ended up uninstalling all java software on my computer then reinstalling it after clearing all cookies. It works ok now so it may help :)

I had to do the same thing as Mark. Uninstall all forms of java on your computer and then reinstall 5.7 that should work if not let me know i have a few other suggertions that might help.

thanxx guys but I did all the above and when I tried the Netscape browser it said I needed a plug in then I clicked on its link it said 404 error URL/plugin/vm blah blah cannot be found and when I use MSN IE internet explorer it says I need to intall the updated software This is the only site where I am having probs getting into chat lol Anyway thank you all for your help I guess I'll just have to grin n bare it and accept the fact I cant get in this pc is a PIA anyhoo