I just think it was pretty crappy the way Ryan started acting when his brother got sick. I mean, i really want Toby and Connor to end up together anyway, but when his brother is upstairs sick from his cancer and he doesn't even go upstairs to see how he's doing?? That's too much. Plus, I kinda blame him for what happened to Mikey...you can't tell someone you're their best friend and then hang them out to dry. As for how he treated Connor, in a way, I'm glad. That makes Connor and Toby's chances even better. I know he's been through a lot, but even if he has ADD, there's a difference between right and wrong.

Ben>Ryan

Thanks and very well put I might add. I do agree with your point of view. Thanks for sharing!!! You're one smart guy!! :2thumbs:

Boxerdude

am i the only one left that really wants to see connor and ryan back together? :(

i guess so.

oh well. if you can't beat 'em.

join 'em. :2hands:

i did like the chapter for teh most part. i really wanna se what ryan has to say for himself.

You are not alone. I just hope Ben does not get hurt when it's over :unsure:

Marco

Congratulations to Marco for making the 1000th post!!!

6.gif7.gif

Kitty

Thank You :worship: I am just glad that it happened while discussing such a TERRIFFIC story. Thanks LB for writing this story and to you Kitty for doing a wonderful job editing it. I am greatful to be honored as the 1000th post.

Love always, Marco

Orlando Bloom would do nicely :*)

I agree with you taste in men!!! If you want a man that can sing and dance for you privately, you might have a chance at Lance Bass!! I thought his coming out was great!!

Boxerdude :2thumbs:

Edited by Boxerdude

Three chapters and I still don't know what has been going through Ryans head, I'm still waiting <_< your killing me LB. Twice Ryan called off the relationship, the last time for good, and more times than I can remember he left Connor in the fog wondering what Ryan was thinking.

I don't think Ryan is going to try to get Connor back. He left for baseball camp with a huge reality check on the front burner, If he did so much soul searching that he came back and could say what he did to Connor, he would have left camp early to try to fix their relationship if he wanted Connor back.

Ryan is just too much of a spook for me. He materializes in and out of what I would consider rational behavior.

He is a rock for Connor when he gets raped, but then he doesn't have enough faith in Connor to accept his help when Ryan has his dark times.

The scene with Toby and Cody was great, they are a nice couple. When Connor was listening at the door, I was hoping he would trip over the pants, that should have been down around his ankles, get caught, then invited to join in on the fun.

I'm still not sure about Ben. He is alot better for Connor, but has he sorted out his issues with his sexuality. He was worried about crossing that line, and his comments about maybe wanting to have kids some day, those are powerful issues that just don't go away. I know that was my own personal hell for decades.

But those two tearing their clothes off, and ending up in bed, really hot! :2thumbs:

Great chapter.

Ex.

Edited by ex52tech
Three chapters and I still don't know what has been going through Ryans head, I'm still waiting <_< your killing me LB. Twice Ryan called off the relationship, the last time for good, and more times than I can remember he left Connor in the fog wondering what Ryan was thinking.

I don't think Ryan is going to try to get Connor back. He left for baseball camp with a huge reality check on the front burner, If he did so much soul searching that he came back and could say what he did to Connor, he would have left camp early to try to fix their relationship if he wanted Connor back.

Ryan is just too much of a spook for me. He materializes in and out of what I would consider rational behavior.

He is a rock for Connor when he gets raped, but then he doesn't have enough faith in Connor to accept his help when Ryan has his dark times.

I'm firmly in the "undecided" camp on the Ryan/Connor issue. I could see it going either way. IMHO, It would be great if they got back together, but also great if they didn't but stayed friends (Like Toby and Connor). Sometimes relationships don't work out, especially at that age.

The scene with Toby and Cody was great, they are a nice couple. When Connor was listening at the door, I was hoping he would trip over the pants, that should have been down around his ankles, get caught, then invited to join in on the fun.

I absolutely loved that scene! Connor wasn't just spontaneously listening, he swiped a stethoscope to do it! :great:

Every time I tried to predict what will happen in the next chapter, I failed miserably. That is why I am not sure if it is wise to share my view about the general direction of the story. (Deep breath) Here I go anyway.

I think that this is a story about the

I'm still not sure about Ben. He is alot better for Connor, but has he sorted out his issues with his sexuality. He was worried about crossing that line, and his comments about maybe wanting to have kids some day, those are powerful issues that just don't go away. I know that was my own personal hell for decades.

Spoken truly like someone who's been there, as have I. My desire - my goal - to be a father and have a "traditional family" was a large part of the reason for my denial when I was younger and ultimately my marriage, even though I knew I was much more gay that straight by then. I'm very lucky that the woman I married turned out to be my true soul mate and that when I finally did come out to her, she was accepting. We're still together after more than 20 years and going strong, but we're probably the exception. The irony is that we never did have children, and that has nothing to do with my sexual orientation. Sadly, a lot of "traditional families" with a gay father ultimately fail, leaving the children often feeling betrayed.

Thank God, there are much better options for gay people to have a real family these days. When I was young, gay couples could not adopt - period. Although we still don't have the rights that straight couples do, adoption is possible. Not only that, but surrogate parenting is acceptable, as evidenced in dkstories's wonderful story, Doing it Right. The important thing is to be true to yourself. But I'm preaching to the choir here. B)

Ben should rightfully explore his sexuality. It shouldn't take him long to decide if he likes girls, boys or just Conner better. If he finds he's truly bi, then the only thing that matters is with whom he falls in love. :wub:

I enjoyed this chapter. I was very pleased to see that the title for this one was I Want Love. That's probably my favourite Elton John song (it's either that or Crocodile Rock and the chances of that one being used seem slim)

speaking ow which, Conner swiping one of Maggie's stethoscopes to listed at Toby's door! What an imp! That was so cool!!!

I was also intrigued by Cody's comments about Connor. For a few moments there, I thought things were heading for an "invitation" for Connor to join them! :lmao:

Well I certainly can't say I've never eavesdropped but Connor taking it to such extremes certainly seemed "wrong" to me. Especially since he was listening in on their sexual encounter. That makes him basically a voyeur. I wasn't so much thinking that it was leading up to a threesome so much as that it was contrived for Connor's sake so that they could build him up a little, help him resolve his feelings toward Ryan, and let him know that they approved of his and Ben's relationship...I'm stilll not 100% sure that isn't what they were doing. It just seems rather odd to me that they'd stop in the middle of what they were doing to have a conversation about Connor. Especially after Toby just said "I love you" to Cody for the first time. If they're going to veer off into conversation I'd have thought it would be about that.

I really liked Connor's statement of his feelings toward Maggie. That cleared up a heck of a lot in my mind.
I still think Connor's trippin when it comes to Maggie. I mean:

Aunt Dorothy usually won any confrontation, repeatedly chastising Maggie for working too much -- which I didn't think was such a bad thing, because it allowed me to be that much more independent -- and for being too uptight. I could agree with that part, as evidenced by her initial balking at the idea of me staying home alone, when she knew very well that I could take care of myself.

I really don't think of Maggie as an uptight, controlling mother. Leaving a minor alone for a week isn't a trivial matter. Not only that, but geez it's not like they have curfews or any real rules. They can stay out all night and bring their boyfriends back to have sex. When has she ever really said NO (and meant it) to anything?

A SHANIA reference! I love you, LB! hehe. :music::2thumbs:

Yep, I was really pleased to be reminded of that song as well. I quite like it.

Interesting. I am happy things between Connor and Ben are warming up. Ryan has (finally) realized what he has done to Connor and Toby...took him long enough alright. Personally, I find it better that Connor stays with Ben and he is better off being brothers with Ryan.

Exactly! I think what we're seeing is similar to what's already happened with Toby and reminiscent of what happened in Dom's Desert Dropping, the idea that sometimes guys that are really close emotionally and living together are somehow better off developing a platonic/brotherly relationship instead of a romantic one. Personally I don't much buy into that idea; I mean I can see how it would be better that way sometimes, but I can also envision relationships that emanate from those circumstances ultimately being the best and most powerful. Still I've never been attracted to guy I in any way percieved "brotherly". Personally I prefer Ryan/Connor to Ben/Connor, but I don't see it happening.

I also really can't imagine why Connor would give any response other then, "I'll let you explain now. Let's hear it" to:

"Maybe some day you'll let me explain things to you. You know, why I acted that way. I'm not trying to make excuses or anything, but I think it's only fair to let you know why."

Ben should rightfully explore his sexuality. It shouldn't take him long to decide if he likes girls, boys or just Conner better. If he finds he's truly bi, then the only thing that matters is with whom he falls in love. :wub:

I think that's true in any case whether he's gay or straight as well.

Anyway I enjoyed this chapter and am eagerly awaiting the next! Take care everyone and have an awesome day!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
Well I certainly can't say I've never eavesdropped but Connor taking it to such extremes certainly seemed "wrong" to me. Especially since he was listening in on their sexual encounter. That makes him basically a voyeur. I wasn't so much thinking that it was leading up to a threesome so much as that it was contrived for Connor's sake so that they could build him up a little, help him resolve his feelings toward Ryan, and let him know that they approved of his and Ben's relationship...I'm stilll not 100% sure that isn't what they were doing. It just seems rather odd to me that they'd stop in the middle of what they were doing to have a conversation about Connor. Especially after Toby just said "I love you" to Cody for the first time. If they're going to veer off into conversation I'd have thought it would be about that.

What a great insight! That never occurred to me, but it makes sense. The sounds that started Connor listening were unusually loud, as I recall. So, perhaps it is a setup! One with good motives: to let Connor know that he is loved. :wub:

As for Connor, he's no angel! He swiped a stethoscope for this purpose, and it isn't clear when he did so (is this a regular need of his?). I like it when characters have foibles like this, and my first thought was "what an imp!" :great:

I really don't think of Maggie as an uptight, controlling mother. Leaving a minor alone for a week isn't a trivial matter. Not only that, but geez it's not like they have curfews or any real rules. They can stay out all night and bring their boyfriends back to have sex. When has she ever really said NO (and meant it) to anything?

Good point. But, Connor is nearly 18, right? A week alone seems to be no big deal to me. When I was growing up my parents let me travel to and from Europe by myself (I have family there) starting at age 10.

This included changing planes, going through customs, making my way across the UK and elsewhere by train, etc, by myself. They also left me home by myself for a week when I was far younger than Connor, and I turned out... Uh, OK, maybe that's not a good argument for me to be making... :lmao:

Maggie intrigues me, though. She was very involved and concerned about Connor's situation in the early chapters, but has seemed to become more distant and less involved. However, we are seeing all this through Connor's perspective, so we may not be "seeing" many things.