• Site Moderator

The new supermarket in our town has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of distant thunder and the smell of fresh rain.

When you approach the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and witness the scent of fresh hay.

When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cluck and cackle and the air is filled with the

pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying.

The veggie department features the sound of a gentle breeze and the smell of fresh buttered corn.

I stopped buying toilet paper.

Bwahahah! -- Good thing I bought toilet paper the other day. I bet I remember this one the next time I do, though.

No fancy smells, but two local supermarkets both do those sound cues.

And the veggie mister can get annoying if there's no cue before it comes on. (Gee, thanks, now my arm and sleeve are wet....)

Aside: My cat has discovered unrolling the toilet paper. No other cat I've had has gone at it with such...gusto. I have not yet discovered how to stop that, aside from closing the door all the time. I haven't been by the Home Depot/etc. to buy anything for the dispensers yet that might stop this. Those of you thinking my cat is smarter than me...he thinks he is, at least. -- If he starts editing stories, you'll know....