I'm beginning to think that that it started with Aiden and Owen went along with it because he didn't know how else to deal with it.

Something in the story made me think that it was pretty much the other way around, that it was Owen's idea to have a little space for a while, and Aiden was puzzled (maybe hurt) by it, but went along.

Thats a thought, But I always thought of Owen as more of a pushover than Aiden was... Didn't it say somewhere that Aiden was the one who suggested the "break?"

Here is a quote from Chapter 9:

Here is another quote from chapter two.

Dennis and Owen talking:

"Did prince charming dump you or something?”

“No. It wasn’t like that. Not really,” Owen replied. Even though as he thought about it, he did recall Aiden being the one to say the exact words necessary to end a relationship. It bothered him. “I think we just... stopped.”

“People do that?” Dennis asked.

Owen nodded. “I guess so. I think we’re supposed to be taking a break. But it just doesn’t feel right, you know?”

“So why not... you know... not, take a break.”

“That wouldn’t feel right, either. Not right now,” Owen replied, and now Dennis was successfully confused.

“I don’t get it.”

“Neither do I,”

Reguardless of how it went down Owen seems to be regretting it now.

Hmm... I don't really like Aiden at the momment, his kinda just playing Owen and not letting him move on. I don't get the purpose of his visit in this chapter, if anything it just shows us and him that Owen is far from over him. Poor Owen, he should get over it and find someone new

OK, we still don't really know what happened, just bits and pieces of recollections (mostly Owen's). I can see how Lychee came to her conclusions, though.

We know even less about what happened between Ryan and Lacy.

Maybe when Dom finishes this story and WT, he can go back and write a "middlequel."

Can I be the first (not truly sure if I am, but I do think I am) to want to see Owen and Dennis developing ....... something. I want him to be with someone other than Aiden just cos it seems like that'd be good for him, and right now Aiden just is being unexplicatively assholish and I don't want Travis with Dennis. Maybe Aiden, that'd be more fun for me (I don't kno why yet, tho....) But yeah I'd like to see Owen and Dennis together. That would make a great dynamic to this chapter in their lives i think.

Prequel...middlequel...sequel. :wacko:

If it's not a prequel or a sequel, it must be a middlequel. Which means a middlequel is the story you are currently reading.

?

I was taking the current story to be a sequel, and thought maybe the middlequel would fill in some gaps, but really, I expect Dom to do some of that in the current story. But the idea that this is the middlequel is not one I'll argue with, assuming we all live long enough for the eventual sequel.

And The Empire Strikes Back is considered by a lot of folk to be the best of the lot.

Can I be the first (not truly sure if I am, but I do think I am) to want to see Owen and Dennis developing ....... something. I want him to be with someone other than Aiden just cos it seems like that'd be good for him, and right now Aiden just is being unexplicatively assholish and I don't want Travis with Dennis. Maybe Aiden, that'd be more fun for me (I don't kno why yet, tho....) But yeah I'd like to see Owen and Dennis together. That would make a great dynamic to this chapter in their lives i think.

Let's try to summarize:

• Travis is physically attracted to Aiden and to Owen. Then again, he likes to be around Dennis. Does this mean he is interested in a relationship? But Dennis hung up on him when he obviously needed help. I wouldn't be astonished if Travis opened up to Travis (the rich landlord) or Owen (club owner) now.
  • So far, Dom hasn't mentioned Dennis being interested in anybody like that. Nevertheless, he is gravitating to Travis, which reminds me of Rory (DD). Still, he might just want to be his friend.
  • Owen has been busy wanting Aiden back. Has Aiden's visit changed this?
  • Aiden seems to be reluctant to take a decision and to be trying to keep all the options.

I'd say the story is at some turning point now. Everything is possible.