-
Posts
4,619 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by PrivateTim
-
Naw, he's a slut bag ho.
-
I am trying to figure out what Alex has done wrong. He didn't break up Wade and Matt, that was all Wade's doing. As to hitting on Will, Will flirts with everyone and Alex knows Will has hooked up with guys his age and older. Alex also had no way of knowing the intensity of Jeremy's feelings for him. Brad and Stef had every right to be mad at Cody. Cody is a big boy, he should have been the one to address the looks from them, not Will. Will doesn't get to decide how others should feel. Except of course he neglected to tell John he is 15 years old.
-
“I expected that we would have dinner,” Stef said, making that the highlight of our evening and making us sound boring. That sounds about right for a) men in their 40's, 50's and 60's b) being in one of the great restaurant cities in the world. Men don't go to gay clubs those are for boys (or more precisely bois). Men in their 40's, 50's and 60's do go to a nice restaurant (Keen's? Spark's?) and then maybe a jazz club or an upscale bar. I remember being 19 in West Hollywood with my friends and the 40 year old guy would show up in his limo, get out wearing his $2,000 Versace patterned shirt and expect us to be impressed. We just laughed at him. Not in his face, not being mean, but among ourselves. He was just so out of place. Maybe he could attract the Dustin types, boys looking to be kept, but none of the quality guys would give him the time of day. The older guys (20+years older) my friends and I were friends with would go out to dinner with us, but when we headed off to the clubs, they go to a bar or coffee house or maybe a house party. We tended to view the old guys at the clubs as quasi predators. The exception was when a group of older guys showed up as a group at a club and pretty much stayed in their group. That was what I observed both in LA clubs and Bay Area clubs and the occasional trips we took to SD.
-
I still think it is creepy, the Cam and Brad thing. It isn't the age, it is Cam being a friend of Matt's, Matt's former flame, the fact that Brad is asking someone he's known 12 hours to fly across the country with him, and they are at such unequal stages in life and Brad is asking him to blow off work and go with him, 12 hours into knowing him... oh, and he lives in Chicago. Brad is moving too too fast again.
-
In addition to that, I'd so drop a dime to the Masucci Crime Family on Lark/Scott and let them fit him for some Sea-ment galoshes.
-
I thought we'd established when Matt was sick in the Stanford hospital that his immune system was a mess, which is why you got the false kidney failure results. A conventional HIV test probably is no use with him. Even my friends who got positive results had a second or third test done before telling people about the first result.
-
No, seriously.... a fall off a balcony, a runaway bus, anything....... You'd only have the rewrite a few books and delete one completely, but it would be worth it to get rid of a worthless piece of cow dung so foul even the flies avoid it. As to Wade, I think JP is way off base here. No Wade and Matt are not together and not going to be (seemingly) for some time, but certainly Wade has enough manners and sense of propriety that he would not behave so, even if he is besotted with the young aristocat.
-
I've never liked Matt 'Hayes' Carrswold. He's been a selfish, thoughtless, self-indulgent prick since we met him, but then that was his role. In this book he's started to turn into someone more mature and likable, and I am sure it it partly from seeing the world from his POV. I'd love to have seen a parallel narration from Wade on the same events.
-
Hey, the sailor boy is back! Thanks for the Thanksgiving present. I actually started reading the Bridgemont series before CAP because of the A-P part of CAP put me off and I was a huge fan of C. S. Forester and Patrick O'Bryan. Maybe you can do a spin-off sci fi book where JP travels to 19th century France and meets Tallyrand. Did I ever tell you Tallyrand in Burbank is one of my favorite restaurants. It is a down home diner, but because of its proximity to four major studios and all the production companies and post houses in Burbank it draws a Hollywood power crowd that far overshadows spots like The Ivy that gets to posers and the has beens. Do you suppose this is what became of Tallyrand's family post France? http://www.thetallyrand.com/history
- 25 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
OMG, two Alex in the same chapter? I need to buy you a book of boys names. On a separate topic.... I've been rereading all the CAP stories as a sub for my cravings for new Freshman episodes, but I haven't been reading them in order so when I see things like, 'hey we are going to meet the Duke of Suffolk and he has a son', I am so disoriented because of how the Grangers become an integral part of CAP in later books, it was hard to compute that this would be the first time meeting the Earl of Bridgemont. Thank you for this marvelous book and all the books that followed. Your dedication to the two series, the blood, sweat and tears you pour into it is much appreciated.
-
Two months after my last comments on this chapter, much of Old Lahaina Town burned down with an inexcusable death toll of 102 people. My paternal grandmother comes from a long line of New England missionaries who arrived in the Hawaiian islands in the early 1800's. I've spent considerable time on Maui along with Kauai and Oahu where we have ancestral ties. One of those ancestral homes burned in the Lahaina fire taking with it many artifacts and treasures from Lahaina's days as the capital of Hawaii. The loss of life was staggering and much of it completely preventable. The loss of so much of Hawaiian history too was also a tragedy in its own right. The devastation was on a 9-11 scale for the residents of Lahaina Town and Maui. Ka malamalama o Ke Akua e ho’opuni mai ia ‘oukou. Ke aloha o Ke Akua e kipuni mai ia ‘oukou. Ka mana o Ke Akua e ho’opakele mai ia ‘oukou. Ke alo o Ke Akua e malama mai ia ‘oukou. Ma kahi a ‘oukou e hele aku ai he Akua no.
-
I really like Cam Heely. I hope he appears in future stories.
-
I was part of ‘Matt and Wade’.... and Tony, and Carl, and Bob, and Ralph, and Dave, and Fritz, and and and and and and and and..... Matt acts as if he was stuck in a monogamous relationship for three years instead of being the campus slut boy.
-
So despite the mention of Marc Sievres early on in the chapter when Jake was talking about "Marc" I was thinking Marc the artist and ex. There are too many Jeff, Marc, Jake and John in CAP 🤣 Thanks for the new chapter and your diligence in pumping them out on/before holidays. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Now that it looks like Thor may be single, how long until Will and Thor have hot steamy sex? Mind you, I think sex with Thor (or any roommate) is bad, but in Thor's case I think it is especially bad because I see him as one of those guys whose dick is attached to his heart.
- 20 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
-
I do believe you've missed my points about Matt entirely.
-
I am of two minds, one professionally, one personal. As an attorney who has had to defend people, I like having a far left progressive DA. Having a DA who is skeptical of the government isn't a bad thing per se. But if it makes the city less safe and encourages the worst elements in the city there are no rules and consequences, that is a bad thing. I am not sure Gascon understands evil is real. He can be a bit Pollyana-ish. On the personal side, I want to see bad people taken off the streets when they are bad. I think life imprisonment without the possibility of parole should mean life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. One man should not be able to change that because of his whims. I think the judge should tell Gascon to pound sand. The brothers got a fair trial, a jury found them guilty and none of the facts have changed. The sentence should stay.
-
Lord Preston's kids were Cameron and Bianca... just sayin'. I also can't see Wade getting out in public given the events of the past few weeks. In any case, just a marvelous book and quite an achievement. Congrats Mark & team.
-
Alexandra Carmichael, Sabrina Granger and Maria Ortega are all still lurking out there and I am still betting on one of them being the Black Widow. I hope they get defanged.
-
Luka Brazzi? For reals?
-
Put Zach in the cornfield.
-
I never, ever liked Lark and I like Scott even less. But Brad and he never should have made contact after he transitioned from Lark to Scott. I keep coming back to the spouses. If Alex and Ricky die, who is the next Duke? Unless Buzz's will leaves his share of the ranch to Dally, does his not yet divorced wife get it?
-
I don't know why Alex's father would want Brad dead, but if it isn't Elizabeth, isn't Alexandra.....
-
Can't say anything that isn't a spoiler. I'll just say I like Jake a lot.
-
Damn, you smart.
-
Zach is a complete asshole. I've never seen what Will sees in him. The crap he pulled with John would be enough for me to write him off forever. Buzz is a complete asshole, but not because he slept Brad and two of his sons, but because of how he treated Jeremy. Mike is calling about ABC. So maybe ABC is the Black Widow, not Elizabeth. And can we all stop calling her "ED" because every time I see that I am like, 'what does erectile dysfunction' have to do with this? Jeremy did nothing wrong with 'the brats'.
