Jump to content

dughlas

Author
  • Posts

    17,535
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dughlas

  1. It's the wee, small, dark hours of the day with dawn still an hour away. I've a candle lit and coffee in my cup. Just relaxing and hoping the throbbing in my head will ease. This series of migraines has been running just over a week now. The last couple of days they've been more intense to the point of disturbing my sleep. The meds I would normally take when I hurt like this aren't an option. They make me sleepy and less aware not something I can do with Mum as she is. OTC meds have their limits/restrictions and so I am mostly unmedicated and weary. It's the wee dark hours of both the day and my spirit ... just waiting for the light of dawn. Blessed be y'all.
  2. That looks like the helmets worn by the Imperial Texas Praetorian Guard. You know the guys who protect Drewcifer from spiders.
  3. What? You don't like my new fringed crop cut?
  4. One mature sexy cowboy to your young sexy cowboy
  5. It's pretty hard recognizing you with that cup in front of your face.
  6. Get down before you fall. Oops. Too late.
  7. Perhaps if you stopped getting up in the middle of the night you would encounter fewer of the house spiders.
  8. It's a bit before noon on a bright, hot, humid day. Current temp is 88/33° but it feels like 104/40°. Hope the sea breeze kicks in soon.
  9. dughlas

    Chapter 7

    You're doing fine. Society as a whole in1891 was stricter. I just want to remind readers that the Plain folk are people. Sometimes people forget that, they only see them as "other."
  10. dughlas

    Chapter 7

    I grew up and live in the part of PA that is home to the oldest Amish community in the US. Having both Amish and Mennonite neighbors they are part of everyday life. I come partly from Anabaptist stock. The Anabaptists (Amish, Mennonite, Brethren, etc.) do not practice infant baptism, believing that the choice to be baptised and enter into the congregation is one to made when a person reaches adulthood. I suggest you be wary of painting an entire group of people with broad brushstrokes. There are Mennonite churches that support LGBTQ people and welcome them into their congregations. Their members live and raise their families much like anyone else. There are also the Plain congregations that still live much stricter lives and still practice Rumspringa. Rumspringa is the practice, typically with the Amish, of allowing young men and women the freedom to see what life outside the Community has to offer. After a time, typically a year they are asked whether they wish to remain within the community and join a congregation or enter the world at large. Most remain. Like all groups of people there are good and bad aspects. Just like with the "English," Plain Amish and Mennonite people deal with child sexual abuse, spousal abuse, alcoholism, etc. They are human beings with human faults and admit being Amish or Mennonite does not make them perfect. Yes, there are elders/bishops who still hold very similiar views to the elder in this story. Just as every faith, Christian or otherwise including non-believers have self-righteous members. As a child I was taught to be careful about pointing a critical finger at others because when you do some of your fingers point back at you. By-the-by I am enjoying this story.
  11. The fireworks display has started early ... I've a migraine.
  12. Are you going to tell us that Korean BL characters are not cute, adorable and psychotic? Hence I stated you called BoomBoom cute, adorable and psychotic.
  13. He said you were cute, adorable and psychotic ...
  14. Aren't you a bit young for memory loss?
  15. Or to shy to act on your less than angelic impulses.
  16. Got any pervy teenage memories you want to share?
×
×
  • Create New...