Jump to content

dughlas

Author
  • Posts

    17,525
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dughlas

  1. Thanks y'all. It's the wee dark quiet before dawn. Slept about 4 hrs then was awake for too long before falling back into a fitful sleep for an hour or so.
  2. So she has been admitted to the ICU with a critically low sodium level and a uti. Both of which are serious conditions in the elderly. Both of which are treatable. She will probably remain in hospital for a few days. I felt horrible when it came time to leave this evening but I wasn't prepared to stay the night with her. All my meds were packed for the trip and here at the house. I hadn't eaten since morning and needed to eat something ;fyi, McD's Crispy Tenders suck if they're not fresh. She knew where she was and why but was confused and stressed. Her bp was running high and her heart rate was elevated beyond the pacemaker setting. I'll go back early tomorrow morning and spend as much time as possible.
  3. So instead of starting the trip north we're in the er at the local hospital while they evaluate mum. Today is 10 years since my step-dad died. Not fun telling my step-sibs where we are.
  4. They're working from your outline and notes.
  5. Don't get snarky with me nong. I ain't yer bitch, er, uh, Drew.
  6. Uhm, that's not an elf, that's a kitty ...
  7. Eh, you elves all look the same too me.
  8. I thought Drewdo was a hobbit and Albert was a wizard and didn't Spikey once claim to be an elven bard?
  9. Just ... every breath you take. Isn't that kind of the creepy love vibe you share?
  10. Like you having to move to Canada, a sort of reverse Ted Cruz, in order to collect
  11. I'm sure he considered it but then decided against it in order to prevent an international incident.
  12. I've got to do that too while I'm in PA this fall.
  13. So we were to leave for my home in PA today. However, when Mum woke up this morning her left eye hurt and was puffy and enflamed. She received one of her shots for macular degeneration in the eye yesterday. We went to the opthalmologist and she has a corneal scratch. She probably rubbed the eye sometime last night without thinking. She has a contact lense in the eye to protect the eye from further injury and antibiotic eyedrops. We she the doctor again on Monday. Hopefully things will okay and we can start the trip that afternoon. We need to be home before Wednesday as we're interring my dad's ashes that morning.
  14. What is that persistent annoying buzz?
×
×
  • Create New...