I fucked everything up
Now I know it was a stupid plan.
I don’t have an excuse for that, maybe some kind of defensive reflex or whatever. Or being a petty idiot again.
I miscalculated, and I lost you because I didn’t realize what was important in my life.
I didn’t tell you this as an excuse. What I did was wrong. I was a fucking coward.
Peter knows he fucked up royally, that he is at fault. One thing we might be able to agree is that he regrets his mistakes and wouldn't do this again. If this could lead to Tristan's forgiveness... I don't know.
Thank you for your comment/rant, Jay.
In a way, I think, Tristan is trying to do this. He actively avoids making a snap decision by going home. He might think about all the new facts he learned.
Thank you for your detailed comment, nix. I loved that you compared your experience with Tristan's decision. Kinda like a reality check.
Chapter Four
Peter is standing in front of the window, staring outside, his hands shoved deep in his jeans pockets, when I come back to my room .
He hasn’t noticed me yet, which is why I startle him when I say, "Two shots of espresso, cream, no sugar, right?"
“You still remember how…." He smiles wistfully.
"Of course. It’s been six years, not sixty."
"Okay. I'm just glad …shit!" He runs his hand through his hair almost desperately.
I settle myself on the desk chair, swive
What a pleasant surprise to wake up to! Thank you for the great review @Timothy M.
Yes, tell us which recipes you liked the most or share your favorite?
(But Tristan, he definitely needs this talk, so he can finally move on from the past. ) Exactly. I had to force myself to write this. Personally, I would have stepped into that elevator and ignored Peter in the lobby.
Hey, you sacrificed part of your beauty sleep! Thank you! Next chapter will be a decision-making chapter.
Chapter Three
I barely avoid stumbling over a loose flagstone, when the hotel finally comes into sight. My neck and shoulders are killing me, and a stabbing pain throbs behind my left eye. The symposium was a huge success, even though the lengthy discussion following the presentation had been a pain in the ass. How people always manage to ask the same few questions, in slightly different words, is beyond me. The mingling with the investors and fellow scientists almost did me in. I'm horrible