Jump to content

Aditus

Signature Author
  • Posts

    9,911
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Aditus

  1. Aditus

    Translations

    Agreed. Not only the author's unique style, should be maintained, but their actual words too. Some mix translation with interpretation which I personally deem presumptuous, at least without marking it as interpretation. Thank you for your comment.
  2. I don’t think so. As much as my characters are in my head and I am in theirs, I am the one who makes them dance. Not that I think there's anything wrong with 'character led writing', "to each their own" . The protagonists are creations of the author's mind not by some foreign entity after all.
  3. @Headstall said it perfectly. That's how I write. You can thank @Valkyrie that my characters don't have an accent.
  4. When I first came across 'redaction' , I was baffled. ' Redaktion' is the editing department of newspapers, radio shows, news etc. in German. In English the meaning feels more like hiding something or censoring.
  5. Josh Lanyon is a favorite of mine. I just finished the All's Fair Collection. A difficult question and interesting answers. Thank you!
  6. The style or the word?
  7. Not at the moment though.... But one can dream.
  8. Did you ever try red cabbage salad with apple and a dash of horseradish? Sehr lecker. Very tasty.
  9. Yup. With carrots and corn? And Peas.
  10. Tofu shepherds.
  11. Yesterday we had Shepherd's pie.
  12. I know, I know, the horror! I don't use it very often, but stick with cheese, eggs and everything veggie. LOL
  13. Hi, Page! Thank you! I hope you don't mind if I swap some of the meat with plant based 'meat'.
  14. I love coconut milk...maybe I try both. OMG the cake looks perfect! I have to mix the pumpkin spice from scratch though, it's difficult to get here. Doesn't matter, it's similar to gingerbread spice I guess.
  15. Sorry, Val! Thank you, Marty! *dashes to the grocery store*
  16. I was promised a soup recipe... Good day, everyone!
  17. What happens now?
  18. There's no snow around here anymore. Some flurries in February, which is perfect for my Mediterranean plants.
  19. Biophilia? Guilty. 7 non-humans and one dragon.
  20. I just learned a ritzy word/phrase.
  21. I agree. I got the album. Again, thanks.
  22. Thank you for this.
  23. I can feel every word. But I refuse to sacrifice hope, yet, while I'm standing in front of my classes wearing a mask. Be safe, Gary.
×
×
  • Create New...