Chapter Five
"So, where's your infamous Christmas hat?" Kara grins while she walks beside me.
"Don't remind me. It's bad enough I have to schlep all your bags around the mall, or that I’m Christmas shopping with you," I grumble.
"Well, then you shouldn't lose a bet," she says haughtily.
"That was a trap, and you know it."
I have a strong feeling that she and Andreas ganged up against me by overruling me on playing Skat. I hate German card games.
"Whatever.” She waves her
That sums it up perfectly, Gary. I second that second chances don't come along every day .
If I'd made a mistake, would I hope I'd be forgiven? Yes. But at this point of the story I can't see a way out. More coffee is definitely in order and talking to good friends perhaps.
Next chapter on Monday. Thank you for your thoughtful comment, Gary.
Kater and Pearl
“Together!” Liam winced when the squealing and laughing coming from the living room became even louder. The dated springs of his old couch groaned and creaked from the four-footed onslaught of his sister’s brats.
His sister grinned. “They’re only saying good-bye adequately.”
He slumped his shoulders. “I know, but old habits die hard. I don’t know how many times I told them not to jump around on the couch,” he said wistfully.
Kristy patted his arm. “It’s time to th
LOL. Well, I long learned a good education doesn't prevent you from doing stupid things. On the contrary, sometimes overthinking leads to bad decisions.
Yes, I think we can all agree on honesty would have been the way to go, alas that ship has sailed. But as you said, we have TT, that has to count for something.
Thank you for reading and commenting, Mawgrim.
I'm glad you didn't choose the much hated 'read it' .
A comedy of errors. Oh, I love it. It's the perfect word for their situation. I agree with your analysis wholeheartedly, Tim. Two more to go.
Tristan agrees with you. I'm sure he drinks lots of coffee while he percolates the new facts.
I like you understand Peter. He needs someone on his side. Or not. Thank you dugh.