Jump to content

mayday

Members
  • Posts

    1,419
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mayday

  1. mayday

    Chapter 7

    Nor did I, I certainly expected another scene fraught with feeling and misunderstandings, but not Dave getting there too late. I wonder in what frame of mind he will return home and what will have changed during his absence. I also remember that Dave left somebody behind to whom he meant a lot. So glad that this is not the end of your moving story.
  2. mayday

    Shelter

    The predator crying? You have led to that result steadily and so convincingly. The very moment he realises what it means to be helpless, dependent on others (when he finds that he cannot do anything about his presence on the web) - so moving. And there seem to be some limits to what he will do or won't. Obviously he still knows what shame is. He still has a conscience of some sort. Very moving indeed, Parker. Thank you.
  3. mayday

    Hunting

    Desperation indeed. And one of your cliffhangers again... Somehow your story seems to grow more intense, although that makes no sense after the terrible abuse in the first chapters. The predator has to hit rock bottom in every respect before there is even a slight chance of hope. You have called this 'hunting' - what a bewildering title. I know job hunting, but life hunting? House hunting? Hunting your former "friend"? Or is he again trying to hunt somebody down? Lot's to speculate about - until your next chapter. Thanks for your story
  4. mayday

    Chapter 5

    Another great chapter, gripping and moving, both. One of those typical misunderstandings, where people assume they know what the other is thinking... A lot of ups and downs for Jae and Dave, indeed. I hope all goes well with "our" men and you, too!
  5. mayday

    Escape

    Actually I thought I had read the worst - but to be exposed in that way and robbed of everything of meaning (even if it is only money etc. - which for him though had been everything) seems even harsher - I do not like feeling that way but I do and in that very moment to realise what he had done himself to all those young men - you really convey that moment of terrible insight so powerfully. And then to flee in abject terror simply from hearing Ted's voice - he is broken. Indeed.
  6. mayday

    Sorrows

    so moving - your verses touch me
  7. mayday

    Chapter 3

    Wow! a glimmer of hope then, even if something wicked this way comes. You make it difficult to wait for the next chapter. Gripping story. So convincing. Thank you for it!
  8. mayday

    Chapter 1

    What a start! Promising of lots of problems and drama and also some wonderfully relaxing scenes to give us a breather. Thank you
  9. mayday

    Broken

    Again I have difficulties with "like". In this story, unlike your others, I am relieved that the chapters are short. Enough to 'process'. Broken - when he remembers one boy who got away, the one he wants again. A business major - what a picture you paint of university life... So he is used in the place where he had others used and used them himself for his own purposes. I do not believe in divine retribution but in some way I still expect stories to end in this fairy-tale ending: each gets what they deserve (naive, I know). But who would deserve being abused in such a callous, brutal fashion? I am wondering if he used protection in order to protect the boys he used... Lots of strands to pursue now - with a tiny ray of hope at the end of your chapter: he is unbound, and yet he is unable to save himself - a travesty of 'hope'. I need to see how you let all that play out. Hope against hope that Ted will be out of the picture soon. Seems like he has achieved his object already... Our central character seems to be almost without character, without personality, unless we count the feelings for Mark. Fitting then that he has no name yet (thanks to that hint to one fellow reviewer!). I can't help wondering how /when that non-person boy traficker is going to change into a human being. Thank you for your compelling story, Parker.
  10. not exactly a chapter review. I have just finished reading your story for the first time - it has moved me deeply and I felt happy with Mark and Dan at their luck and happiness with each other. Beautifully written, too. Thank you for such a great story. I do hope that it resolved what you wanted to resolve for you too.
  11. mayday

    Caged

    so intense. Makes me wonder what will be next... nothing pleasant - that is certain - party? I wonder - and shudder - what Ted has in mind...
  12. mayday

    Chapter 1

    Interesting beginning, well written, utterly convincing. Thank you for your new story!
  13. mayday

    On the Prowl

    What a start! I can hardly wait for the next chapter - and to get the backstory about Ted... Thanks!
  14. The last they saw where the eagles soaring high on a late autumn afternoon - freedom for both of these mature men to finally be what they want to be? The scene on top of the hill seemed like a perfect answer to Tomas' playing - revealing secrets to each other, which then leads to their evening together - again beautiful.
  15. mayday

    Aquinas Reasons

    Beautiful! It is as if nature expresses what is going on within them - the walk through the woods, the drive where Tomas has no idea what he is doing and what is going on around him where he only is aware of his own "inadequacies" and then suddenly beauty, clarity, life in abundance. What a captivating, enthralling moment you have created! Thank you.
  16. mayday

    May Sonnet

    Moving indeed. I love the pun on may... the shift from 'softness' - soothing, gentle rain - to harshness and darkness of the second quatrain, then the new idea about togetherness - we in the third. Thank you, Parker
  17. Another one that tops the previous one. Every action and reaction mentioned is in character with "our" two young men, it simply fits the expectations I have of them. I love the idea that Andy now is at home "with" Eric in the same place. Where he formerly dreamed of being loved, in a lover's arms - now he really is. Especially the pond... I love the two getting through their times of separation unscathed, although it was difficult. That they travelled. And what a moving ending - promising, too (perhaps of more stories to be told?). You promised no more cliffhangers - well, I think you are underestimating my wish for more, which may have construed a cliffhanger out of the very last scene. In a way what will follow has been laid out already by A and Z's characters, but... just allow me to hope for some more of their story. Somehow the very last chapters in their bliss and joy balance the terror and pain and hopelessness of the very first, which were so hard to read because you made us feel what Stephan felt just as acutely as we can bask in their happiness now. Von ganzem Herzen Danke, Parker!
  18. mayday

    Chapter 66 Us

    beautiful, even more so than the last! Wouldn't have thought it possible... Thanks again
  19. Wonderful chapter, Parker. I loved all the little touches - the prayer protest group pushed to its rightful place, an object of pity, small, out in the rain, like a tiny shadow of no importance whatsoever. I loved Toby playing his part in the surprise for our boys, after all you have made sure that we are in as well. The past seems to be pushed back to where it is and ought to be: somewhere behind them. Zander is great at dispelling Andy's fears with his logic, his assessment of the abusive trucker. And this time we see RGH clearly for what he is, a coward, a bully who takes advantage of anybody who cannot defend himself but crumples when facing opposition. Toby trying to help him up and RGH's reaction could not have been more to the point. I love Zander's reaction to the idea of an outhouse. Slightly spoilt he is, our wonderful boy. And their wedding night is in perfect synch with the Song of Salomon chosen by Zander, the same spirit of love, joy, bliss, fulfilment, care for each other ... no dark moments for Andy to recover from, never before has he seemed so whole, so healed Two more chapters - I will be sad to see this story end, and I won't be the only one, I dare say Beautiful!
  20. Have I been reading a different story? No cliffhanger? Great chapter, lovely and very enjoyable. During the wedding ceremony and the party I had the feeling that Andy was almost somewhere outside himself. Zander chose the perfect verses, indeed. What a relief that he is not Gunnar's son. Thank you, Parker!
  21. sweet, light and bright - what more can you wish for? beautiful story and with a happy ending! by the way, I did not know that bright blue colours were sooo telling
  22. Peter seems to be the most perfect guy imaginable. Not only for Patrick. Switching over to English so that his lover and friend can understand - the best thing to do to win trust (and isn't it great they all speak English, too!. And I love the idea that Patrick remembers his own family and some potentially nice relatives. Fiona seems a sure bet. Patrick impresses me when he is able to look past his own grief and realise that the funeral of his beloved parents might not be the perfect place to get to know other people. Beautiful scenes. Thank you for another beautiful chapter, even if Michael was only asleep during all of it.
  23. A hell of a cliffhanger in the beginning, Parker. I am not sure if I am to admire it or ... You have got too good at them! Another one at the end, though much tamer - and more moving. And lots in between. I love the scenes in the classroom - that Andy is changing out of his old clothes and out of his old responses. Wonderful how he channels his anger and his energy - calmly finishing dressing himself, making sure he is "presentable" and then walking determinately to face the enemy he believes to be waiting for him. A new, very self-confident Andy is emerging here. Fitting, too, that he is only briefly fazed by Kaz' seeing his scars. When he hears Kaz' response he is not surprised any longer, just sees him as the friend he is. I do remember how - one or two weeks ago - trying to hide his scars from coach at swimming was still very important to him. What a great friend Kaz is to Andy and Zander, both. Zander has surely chosen the perfect person to look after Andy when he cannot do it himself. Well, we have to wait again... Thank you, Parker for this one.
  24. 4000 words for one evening - true, lots of things are happening here, but comparing it to chapter 7 which tells us about one day in half as many words, Andy's last day somewhere on the outskirts of Carlsberg - this is so much denser, I feel so much closer to Andy. Great scenes at the Stevensons, great how you have depicted Kaz' family, obviously devout Catholics, Lena's last attempt at seducing (?) Andy is a perfect mirror of her parents' attitude, yet peacably with both accepting Andy and the marriage in the end. That Mrs. K. cannot call the marriage what it is is quite telling. And I am so impressed with Andy's handling all these situations, Maria's reaction, Frank's protectiveness and expectations of a stags' night and the drinking involved, Mrs. K's 'interrogation' and Lena's midnight visit. I also loved your hint at how closely Maria is watching Andy when she sees how helping Monica is something he usually does and when she appreciates his being helpful. I like how you have given us a kaleidoscope of mild aversion towards gays withing the families and their stereotypes. I can only hope that the boys won't have to face the other part of the spectrum the next day. Andy's anxiety of becoming like his dad have become more poignant, more worrying. In some ways it seems almost like the last stand of his father's viciousness and evil within Andy. Kaz seems to to feel Andy's worries somehow and I love how he is trying to reassure his friend, even if he may only guess that it is more than the usual nervousness of a bridegroom. You have slowed down your narrative considerably, especially compared to the chapters which cover a whole week, which to me indicates we are coming to a turning-point/climax. Again, a great chapter, Parker. Thank you.
  25. Great chapter again!
×
×
  • Create New...