Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,293
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Northwest Territories are burning. Almost three hundred separate fires. Fire is 14 kilometers from Yellowknife.
  2. So far so good. Hi, Spikeman! Where's your teeny little sidekick?
  3. When it rains it pours, as my mom used to say. I had to replace the hinges on my pantry door last night when one broke in two. My son wanted to replace his perfectly good bathroom faucet with a 'cool' waterfall type one, and he wanted to do it by himself, so of course I had to go up and down those stairs ten times, and had to get under the counter a couple of times. Proud of him for wanting to do it, though, and it does look nice... though I have a newish two hundred dollar faucet just sitting here now. My fault for making him care about how things look.
  4. It's nothing fancy. Olive oil, squeezed lemon, Dijon mustard, fine chopped green or cooking onion, garlic and red pepper spice, garlic plus powder, black pepper from a mill, and flaked vegetable spice seasoning... whip with a whisk, add a couple of drops of Worcestershire if you want, and let sit five minutes. Don't overdo the Dijon... I use two fork dollops. Chicken is grilled with the same seasonings, plus some Montreal chicken seasoning. I sometimes use a smoked paprika and onion spice, but it can be a little much... can almost make the chicken taste fishy which is fine sometimes. Don't ask me about measurements. I make it in the bottom of the salad bowl each time, and I just splash in the amounts I think I need. I also add both fresh shredded parmesan and shredded old cheddar... lots of it. That's it.
  5. Hi, B. I made myself a grilled chicken Caesar and added some chopped onion, shredded carrots, olives, and grilled ham chunks. Made my own dressing. It was delicious.
  6. Hey, all! Thank you to those who have read the first two chapters of my new western and shared your thoughts. Have an awesome day/evening!
  7. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Okay, so not vampires, and not lucky either. I get your point though, Doc. These Navy 1851s were not as powerful as some others, but they did the job quite well, and they sure sold a lot of them. I think I picked the right one for the story, given the time period, especially because of their lighter weight and smaller size over some others of that time period.
  8. Yep, I've had a few of those. Sweet and tasty. Not a rum fan but they are really good.
  9. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Yeah, that would be a big difference. So... maybe they weren't vampires... just very lucky.
  10. Almost missed this. Thank you, dear friend. Like most people, I have my insecurities at times, never really sure that what I write will be well received, so this means a lot to me and my confidence.
  11. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Maybe they were vampires?
  12. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Loading five sounds like good sense to me.
  13. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    With my family, they're lucky I don't know how to shoot a gun. I liked archery in school, so I might actually enjoy target shooting. Still, I'm more likely to shoot myself than a pumpkin.
  14. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Okay... that would be different. I might need to shoot a dancing squirrel for food.
  15. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    I'm a lover not a fighter. There will be no gun loading in my future.
  16. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

  17. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    I'd be one of the slowest ones.
  18. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Okay, thanks, Doc. I think I got it now. It's kind of what I thought, but I've never used a gun... other than a BB gun.
  19. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    So... you load a percussion cap in each chamber and then put the bullet or ball in front of it... and then it's complete? The trigger strikes the cap, and the bullet/ball fires?
  20. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    Depends on the movie, but yeah.
  21. Headstall

    Chapter 2 Stench

    It's why accuracy was so important. "I can shoot the eye out of a squirrel dancing in the rain".
×
×
  • Create New...