Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,251
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. I just found out my daughter has covid. It's her sixth day and she has been extremely ill, but didn't want to worry me. She's better, but still not great. Her sense of smell and taste are way off and her throat is still sore. She is due for her booster in one week, and she wishes now she had gotten it early.
  2. Hey, all! Let Cookie out late last night and smelled smoke. It scared me... it was really strong. Seems much better today, thankfully.
  3. A masterpiece. I worshipped her, and hurt for many years after her death. Thanks for this.
  4. I had a nice walk when I got back today. I saw an eagle... a huge one. It might be why I'm down to three cats for the first time in at least a decade.
  5. Money well spent at the dentist. Have my 'Hollywood' smile back. Another appointment in September.
  6. Rain for the new four days here, on and off.
  7. Warm but cloudy here now. Only 23 c.
  8. Hi, Sherye! So great to hear from you again. Thanks for the nice encouragement. I missed posting them just as much I think. It's a fairly long journey compared to my other westerns, and I hope you like it. See you again on Bearpaw Monday. Cheers! Gary.
  9. The heavens have opened up here. Wow. Buckets!
  10. Hey, all. Dentist today.
  11. He said he had an affliction, not was one.
  12. Hey, all. I received a couple of wonderful chapter comments for my new western this morning. They made me happy. Hope all of you are well and enjoying life.
  13. Hi, Leo! Thank you so much! It's a simple story, already completed, but there are layers that I believe will keep the readers engaged, so it's nice to hear you already see some promise in it. I like the characters in this tale, and I hope you will too. Yes, there are many Bearpaw Mondays ahead, and I look forward to them too. I truly appreciate the encouraging comment from you... see you Monday, my friend.
  14. Thank you, James! What a wonderful comment to read this morning. I'm not ashamed to admit I always have some doubts when first posting a new story, and sometimes need reassurance from faithful readers. You've just given be a big wallop of that, and I appreciate it. You're are right that there are many, many great online authors, and to be considered one of them is satisfying and encouraging. You readers and your comments have more impact than you know. I never expected westerns would have much success, but I wrote my first one anyway, more or less for myself. Since then I have written four more, and it still astonishes me that there is an eager market for them. Despite having written many other genres, I don't mind at all being considered a 'western' writer. Thanks again for the boost. It was greatly appreciated. Yep, Bearpaw Mondays are now a thing, and I look forward to sharing this little journey with you. Cheers! Gary...
  15. Welcome, Flame! You can learn a lot from this site. It's a great place to explore, and to fine tune your writing skills. Good luck to you! Gary.
  16. Another Yeehaw is welcome, Dan. It's exciting for me to be going west again too. I've been looking forward to this... there is something about writing another western that makes me happy. It is such escapism for me, taking me back to my childhood, to some of the good parts. We have a long road to travel yet, and I thank you for coming along. Please be so kind as to leave chapter like/reactions when you read each one so I know more of what you thought. Cheers, my friend.
  17. Hi, Man! Another rainy day here.
×
×
  • Create New...