-
Posts
52,264 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Headstall
-
Chapter 1 Walking on Sunshine
Headstall commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 1 Walking on Sunshine
This was such a fun chapter to write. I was so excited about telling Chet's story, and there were a bunch of faithful readers asking for it. Yup. Cupid was on the job for this one. Lol... waggling eyebrows. Happy you liked it enough to read it again, buddy. -
Chapter 16 House of Cards
Headstall commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 16 House of Cards
Yeah, a lot of sadness in this one, but some real honesty too, which was desperately needed. Does Kendall trust his father? Obviously not, but it's easier to sort your feelings when you have someone like Michael supporting you. I like this chapter, but it has echoes that can get me down. All in all, though, I'm pleased with it. Thanks so much for your support, Albert. -
Yeah, there is a lot going on in this chapter, but the one thing we can count on is their love and support for one another. I loved introducing Agnes Dooley. After all, she is the one Kendall takes after. She has had a lot of time to think and consider that her son is alienated from his family... has that affected Carson Dooley in the same way? The ending of this chapter is ominous, but Kendall is not alone. He's a strong adult who is trying to do the right thing, though he owes his father nothing from the sounds of it. Thanks, buddy. This part of the story still makes me squirm.
-
Good question, Parker. But... I must use author's prerogative, so... . He definitely is better off than he was, but he's gone through a lot. He seems resilient, though, and he can do a lot with half his money back. He'll miss his best buddy Kema for a long time to come, but maybe he has a new best friend in Lucas. Thanks for the support, fellow writer. Cheers! G.
- 36 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Nice!!!
-
"Gone Fishing", a story I wrote for an anthology, is the featured story for August...
-
@Drew Espinosa is writing something?
-
Lol. Yes, that is a must! Nothing worse than a stinky pee pee. Hope you enjoyed the chapter, Johnny. Cheers! Gary.
- 36 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Lol. This will not be a repeat of Virgil's bath with Wyatt's help. Of course, there is no saying it couldn't be even better. Hmmm....
- 36 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
-
Methinks someone has their hopes up. Maybe it just some innocent bantering between the pair? There is definitely the beginning of a solid friendship, one where you click right away. But... not to be a downer... there are lots of things that can interfere with that, or even end it. I'm glad you pick up on the theme that is present in my westerns... that bond and trust between a rider and his/her horse/horses. You're right that it can mean the difference between life and death. I think already has proven her worth to Jubal, and he does love her for what she provides. Yay... sorry/not sorry... glad the body loading was disgusting to you. These men must stink to high heavens, so yeah, a bath is needed. Lol... I love getting your soap opera teasers again. "As Bearpaw Turns" Thank you, my dear and clever friend... always a pleasure.
- 36 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
-
Chapter 14 Some Games are Team Games
Headstall commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 14 Some Games are Team Games
Yup, he did. I have to watch that for sure. I just reread the whole chapter and remembered how much I liked it. There are so many special moments in it that speak to my romantic heart. I was so looking forward to revealing who Arron really was, but was not looking forward to starting Carson's story. That one strikes close to home. Life is moving in the right direction for these guys, and I love writing about a gay couple who are happy. Thanks, buddy. -
So do I, Albert, but I don't think anyone could love it MORE than you do.
-
It's my old friend too, Kris. Such a nice testament to the story, one still so close to my heart. The first one you read and the first one I wrote. Thanks for reading it three times, and for leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts. These mean so much to this old writer. I hope you keep going till the end again. Cheers! Gary.
-
-
Excellent point about being on the lookout for the wounded bandit, but men like that tend to be cowards when they lose their backup. At least, that's what we could hope for. And yes, there is only one reason for having a shawl and an expensive bracelet, and that is thievery. As far as Jubal's fears, it would seem they run deep. But, he also has a propensity to show his feelings. His is not what you could call subtle, or in control of what he feels. And absolutely, these men stink, and Lucas needs a shave and a haircut for sure. His eyes might be a pretty green, but he could have a face that's scary under all that hair. Thanks, Doc... I really hope you and other readers are still engaged and enjoying this little story. Cheers!
- 36 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
-
Lol... maybe... but I think she meant sick. It's funnier if she called you a dick, though... or maybe she thought she was talking to @Drew Espinosa
-
Chapter 13 Betting on a Sure Thing
Headstall commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 13 Betting on a Sure Thing
Thanks, Buddy. You make me blush as bad as Colleen does. This is really a story about men who aren't afraid of their feelings, men who celbrate what they are lucky enough to have. I've seen plenty of posts of writers who say they don't care for sappy romance, and that's fine for them, but I will always wear my romantic heart on my sleeve and through the words I write. Cheers, dear friend. -
It'll get better.
-
Thanks, buddy. Right now they are building a tentative friendship. Will it become more... can it become more? That is a good question. It feels like Jubal is used to being a solitary man, but I suspect he is very lonely too. Trust might be hard for him, but Lucas seems to be open and forthright. Yeah, Lucas saying Jubal was valuable could be passed off as humor, but it could mean something else. Thanks for the kind words about the dialogue and descriptions. Much appreciated, Albert.
- 36 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
Great start, Ivor, and well written. I don't think I will like Grandpa much, nor Mike, but I do like Ethan. It would seem these two have some sort of romantic(?) history. And I know all about trips to the woodshed. That's a pain in the ass impossible to forget, although I don't think that's the reason for Josh's problem. I'm suspecting assault... hope I'm wrong. Good job. Cheers! G.
- 22 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Wow. You should write a story about the subject. I certainly wouldn't want the responsibility or weight you had, nor would I want to swim with sharks. And I'm guessing that trooper's wealth was ill gotten in a sense. The reality is someone has to care for the deceased, but it's not something I could imagine myself doing. Now you have me wondering, Doc.
- 36 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
August Signature Author Feature: Gone Fishing by Headstall
Headstall commented on Cia's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Oh, and I love the story banner. Thanks, @Cia ! -
August Signature Author Feature: Gone Fishing by Headstall
Headstall commented on Cia's blog entry in Gay Authors News
I had no idea till just now this existed. It explains why there has been some interest in "Gone Fishing" today. Thanks for this, @Cia I wrote this story for an anthology, and it still ranks as a favorite. Thank you to those who checked it out today, and thanks @Doha for leaving a story review! Cheers! -
I love when readers revisit a story. I admit to visiting this one again and again since I wrote it. You're right... out of what we might see as a tragedy can come something beautiful... something more perfect than what we lost. Thank you, my friend. This has made my day. Cheers! Gary.
