Thank you for your kind words. I have been writing since I was a kid and posting work here for around nine years now.
Thank you, @kbois. You can change Grammarly to Canadian or British spelling, you know. LOL
Oh just accept the fact that you are a celebrity to some. It's nice. (Thinking evil thoughts after she threw you under the bus in the SA topic chat...still smiling sweetly...)
This is not book 1 it is book only. I think.
The Gwen thing is a dark turn.. yikes.
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter.. it will all come together.. like a drawstring bag at the end.
It may, who's to say? Gwen knows she's not been a great mom, but she has stuck with her son and tried to support him. Matt has done the same for his mother. They are not perfect, but at least they are together and trying. Well, Andy and Matt: more coming soon, one way or the other.
Go for it. Your mum might enjoy it, it'll bring back some memories maybe. I think i'll make it as soon as it cools down here for a bit.
Thanks for sharing. It's great to hear from you!
Oh...well, best of luck with the stuffed steak.
Maeve is a wonderful character made up of bits of several women I've known. I'm glad you liked her words. Your reaction to them humbles me. Thank you for your kind words.
I hope you enjoy your stuffed steak...I'm afraid that wasn't much of a recipe.
This might be too much information, but here it is. It took a couple of years to write this story fully. There was a time I didn't think I'd ever finish it. When I did, I had to find an editor, and in doing so I made a very dear friend. I struggle with believing in myself and my writing, so your reactions to this surprise amaze me with every chapter. Again, thank you.
Gary, and to all who read, react, and comment on it, your support makes it all worthwhile.
No, Maeve fell in love with Matt nearly right away.
I thought the same when I was doing the final read-through for this chapter. It's true that you can find the strength to get through if your partner, parent, or friend suddenly needs help. We can put our needs aside to give them a hand. I think that's what happens to Matt when he has to deal with his mom. LOL, Maeve is a saint; otherwise, I think she'd have taken a broom to her boss!
The rollercoaster of Matt's life still has a few hills and valleys to get through. Let's see what happens on Wednesday.
Your comments are terrific and well thought out. Thanks for all you've invested in this story.
I think Andy has figured out mostly what he wants. He sees now that it's not the romantic dream he once thought it was. He has to deal with the baggage Matt brings, including insecurities and anxiety. Will he be able to handle it?
There are about 9400 more words to go over the next two chapters. Let's see what I managed to do with those.
I appreciate you reading this and hope you enjoy the rest of the story.
Yeah, when sex/abuse was all there was in your life, it's hard to think anyone wants to know you. It is also the last thing you're interested in deep down. Gwen sees and feels things too; she doesn't always express herself well. It should be an interesting week for these three. Thanks for your comments! 🧡