Thank you. It encompasses love in different forms—love of self, of family, romantic love, etc. You're right, of course. Blue was trying to find himself and his place in the world. Thank you for your comments on this story.
I'm happy the epilogue worked. I must thank @kbois for her suggestion to make it fuller and more rounded. Thank you also for reading this piece and for your comments and thoughts. I'm grateful.
You never heal fully. That past is always there. You can learn how to ignore it and pack the monsters into a box. That's where mine live, but no box is perfect, and sometimes they get out.
Matt will learn this with time, practice, and therapy. Andy must be Matt's anchor to the real world, just as Michael is for me. Then, you can get through it and have a meaningful life you love.
Thank you for reading. It means a lot to me that people invest their time into a story.
I'm glad this chapter touched you. And you're right; home is where your loved ones are. My mum told me that memories are not in a building. They are in your heart and head. Thanks for coming along for this story, Cane. It's much appreciated.
I think I'd have done the same thing—gone to sleep first. Some parts were hard to write, and it took about two years. I'm happy you're happy with the end of the story. I'm not too fond of unsatisfactory endings.
I enjoy telling a good story, thanks for reading this one.
Thank you, Gary. My mum grew your kind of garden. Each year, no matter what we'd go to the nursery and buy more because there was always space to squeeze another in. Thanks again for reading and your comments.
Thank you for your comments. I love to read them because people think differently, and great ideas can come at any time. I've never heard of a straight child wanting to be Gay either, but I think it could be possible, so I ran with it. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed this short story. Thanks again.
Thank you, Bill. Yes, the house did belong to Bea's mum. There could be many reasons why Koa was holding the envelope. Frank and Koa bought it, or they remortgaged it, or Bea's mum handed it to them to carry, it could be lots of things.
The wall surrounded the garden only and had one door. It was built to give privacy to the garden used by the unwell Grandmother.