Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,521
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 19

    Well, yes... here: The younger man listened to his good friend. "You’re right. I need to find out. I can’t keep doing this because I’m not writing. I’m just in limbo." He picked up his fork and ate the carrot. "I’ll go and see him. Figure it out." Andrew's resolve waned over the next couple of weeks, and he made excuses for not flying to America and why he had to give Matthew time and space... And then: Andrew stared at his housekeeper. "I’m going to fly to New Jersey and see him." The writer got to his feet. "I’m going to email him now and find out when I should come." Maeve nodded. "You go on. You and he deserve to have the best life you can." She watched Andrew go into his office. "I wonder if he’ll do it this time?" No insults to dogs intended—it's just a saying. As you can see from my profile picture, I'm fond of dogs.
  2. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 19

    Someone dropped too many Mentos into Gwen's soda for sure...she just explodes but now catches herself and sees what she did wrong. Andy's visit will be interesting
  3. That's great! As chris said, i hope he enjoys the season.
  4. "Hello, Matthew." Dr. Maria Flores smoothed her skirt and settled onto her chair. "How have things been the last couple of weeks?" She opened her patient’s file and glanced at it. "You’ve been ill and couldn’t get in last week." "I’m doing all right, Doc. It was just a bad cold. Otherwise, I’ve been working and dealing with Mom and home, you know. I've also been working on those drawings you suggested I make and doing the journaling thing." Dr. Flores nodded and rolled the pen betwee
  5. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    Okay, I'll remember in the future. Thanks! I'm sure we won't always agree, and that's perfectly fine.
  6. I am working on that now. Thanks for reading this, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  7. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope to write a short story or novella with these two and Mallow of course!
  8. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    I know. You have to trust the author. In the end, you may hate me or love me, but I hope you'll at least like me. People want to know how many chapters or don't want to know. I am adding an extra chapter this week, so I felt I had to say something.
  9. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    You're right about everything!
  10. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    You are absolutely perfect, @mayday!
  11. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    As you say, Gwen is far from the perfect mom if such a person exists, but she is trying to be there for her son. I'm glad you haven't tossed her off or under the bridge.
  12. Yeah, things are good, thanks. Always nice to see you!!
  13. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    Thanks chris. Yes, Matt has a lot of reliving to do to get through therapy. Hopefully, all will go well. Maybe Gwen can get some help of her own.
  14. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    You're right; she doesn't know much about what Matt went through, and he would rather not say, but she is trying to catch up as a parent. I know the end coming isn't good when you enjoy something. I'm not sure if you read A Trip To The Dog Park. It's a short piece, but I've been thinking about writing a longer piece about these two and Mallow, their dog. I've left the link for you.. but please don't feel obligated to read it. It is very much in the maybe/planning stages. In the meantime, we have to see the next four chapters to find out what happen to Matt and company. 💖
  15. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    Thank you, Alexmugs. I'm happy this chapter was interesting. Matt is going through a lot and handling it as well as can be expected. Let's see what his therapy brings ...
  16. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    Yes, Gwen is 'trying' on several levels. At least she is going with her son to support his first visit to the doctor. I hope you enjoy the next chapters.
  17. Hey you! Good to see you. Hope you're doing okay!!
  18. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    That's fairly standard messaging from someone who recognizes/deals with panic attacks and/or upset people. It could be the first time. Perhaps Agent Parker is more astute and caring than others Matt spoke with.
  19. i understand. It is hot and people need to get the jobs done. Still, it's hard to take all of that at 7am. I hope they are done soon!
  20. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    Ending things is hard sometimes, but stories do end, in my opinion. There are always new characters and adventures ahead.
  21. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    i will pray for you Cane! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!
  22. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    Posting Update: There are four more chapters of Sold Into Freedom to go. Chapter 19 will be posted tomorrow, Thursday, August 8th. Chapter 20 will be posted on Saturday, August 10th Chapter 21 will be posted on Wednesday, August 14th The final chapter, 22, will be posted on Saturday, August 17th. Thank you!
  23. Good grief! That's a lot all at once. I hope you are feeling a bit better, rick. Hopefully, the construction ends soon!
  24. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    Let's hope there's more to this smoke than a fire! 🔥
  25. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 18

    Thanks, akascrubber. Let's hope you're right and Matt finds the help he needs! I think his choice to take a class that allows him to express himself is a good step. I think it is for anyone who has concerns. Creating something helps set you free. 💙
×
×
  • Create New...