An interesting thought, but in my mind it wasn't anything 'special' in the sense that a 21 year old at university back then would be very unlikely to be able to afford to buy a ring that would have a traceable history.
Thank you, Gary. Much appreciate your comments knowing how well you create your own characters that I can invest in.
Yes, the world does indeed work in mysterious ways, and as I said to @travlbug perhaps at some point in the future the ring may be able to work its magic once more.
Many thanks travlbug. I'm delighted you enjoyed this little tale.
Who knows, perhaps in fifty or so years time Colin or Jake will find someone else to whom the ring can be passed? Let's hope so.
I'm very pleased to hear that you considered I was able to capture Alan & Colin in a short story.
Thank you Jeffrey for the generous comments - and review.
Passing It On
He'd been delivering our daily newspaper for I guess about a couple of years now. Damn, I've done it again! It used to be our daily paper until just under twelve months ago when Eric died, so since then it's been my daily paper. But it is so hard to get out of thinking of 'our this' and 'our that' when we'd spent so many years together.
He had always looked a decent kid – if you know what I mean. Some kids are scruffy and walk around as if they have a big chip on his
Thanks for the comment. It's always a pleasant surprise when someone reads and comments on a story from the 'back catalogue'. Afraid though that there won't be a sequel.
An interesting view CG. You're more sympathetic towards Kyle than others who have commented. Largely Adam wasn't directly involved as the attacks were mainly aimed at Troy, so I agree he perhaps should find it easier to be forgiving, but it was the person whom he loves deeply who was attacked.....
Thanks for the 'love'
I'm sure some people (and kids) manage to survive/deal with difficult situations better than others. There is a definite contrast in the story between Adam and Kyle who faced somewhat similar problems.
Thanks, Geron.
Have to agree with you about the promises from politicians! I think Kyle does have regrets about what he was part of, but it is really 'too little, too late'.
As I said in an earlier reply Chris, I can't see Kyle's father believing that Kyle was forced to do things by his brother. He'd see it the other way round because he also wants to bury his head in the sand
Yes, the minister pushed Adam too far.