Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    You are a veritable mine of information - almost bottomless in fact
  2. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    She sure is! Hopefully T&A can get the GSA underway.
  3. I guess someone is about to strike back
  4. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 20

    I think you are correct, but Adam is aware it was Troy who was attacked and won't want to do anything that might be taken to show Troy doesn't have his total support.
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    I said in the answer to an earlier comment from @travlbug that for most of his life the whippings Adam received were similar in type to what he knew other kids who went to the church received. Because he had no real friends at school he'd have grown up considering such treatment to be normal, but he did try his best to avoid them. It was only towards the end that they became truly abusive.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 20

    I'd say this was a very realistic view of the situation. There have been a lot of similarities in Kyle's home life which Adam has realized. Whether he will try to extend a hand to Kyle remains to be seen, especially thinking of how Troy might view such actions.
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    A good summary of the situation glennish. His mother would certainly have expected him to be at the store then and I somehow don't see her inviting him to join her for Thanksgiving
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    Thanks for the compliment. I'm very glad that readers feel they can 'invest' in these characters.
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    Adam has been on a rollercoaster with his emotions over the last few months. Perhaps he does need professional help, but he is not displaying any signs of that to those closest to him.
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    Adam was expecting something like that especially as he'd made it clear that he still retained some feelings for his father by wanting to go to his funeral - and by his actions there.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    Time will tell How he was brought up may not have been ideal, but it wasn't abusive - until the fact that Adam was gay surfaced. He himself was 'indoctrinated' to believe in the teachings of the church his parents attended, but as his intelligence grew he started to question that.
  12. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    I think until that point he hadn't realized just how abusive his mother is - he didn't expect to find that in the box.
  13. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    Agreed.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    Thanks for sharing that FanLit. I suspect that in time the belt will go in the rubbish. Troy moving it to 'their' room shows Adam that he is not alone and he is there to love and support him - together they are stronger than they are separately.
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    Your last sentence was indeed the intention. This could be her final gesture and it may simply have been her way of getting back at him for having the balls to come to the funeral.
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    I don't think he considers his parents to be blameless; indeed I'm sure he knows they weren't. I believe he thinks they believed in what they were doing because their 'God' (as portrayed by their church) told them to. He also thinks he is strong enough, with the help of his new family to put his early life behind him. Time will tell if he is right.
  17. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    Now that's plain nasty
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    Yes, I'd think it would live longer or deeper in the mind.
  19. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    Now that's an interesting thought :-)
  20. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    Can't argue with that, Wesley
  21. My response to last week's Prompt 677 https://www.gayauthors.org/story/ivor-slipper/passing-it-on/
  22. Ivor Slipper

    Trying Times

    Is Eric's luck beginning to turn?
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 21

    Of course I had to explain to Troy and Mrs C what I had found funny enough to laugh about as I'm sure they both thought it very strange that I could find anything funny about burying my father, especially in the circumstances under which I'd had to attend. However, when I explained my conversation with the Minister they both understood. Troy actually declared him to be a dick which brought a sound of disapproval from Mrs C who then suggested that 'idiot' might be more appropriate. I had thou
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Passing It On

    Thanks Wayne for those comments. Sometimes I have found that word prompts spark an idea that would never have come to me otherwise.
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Passing It On

    Thanks, Glennish. The ring definitely worked its magic in bringing Alan, Colin & Jake together.
×
×
  • Create New...