Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 6

    Depends on whether his Elan has a car phone fitted
  2. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 6

    How long before Connor is on the phone to Rachel I wonder? Hope Opening Night goes well.
  3. Hannah the Horrible turning into a pistol packing momma - Oh yeah, we like a good cliffhanger
  4. Ivor Slipper

    Rock Bottom

    You could argue Jeff has got what he deserved and earned. The trouble is that others have had things happen to them as a consequence.
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    Thanks, Mally! Yep, it seem life never stays good for long for Adam. He keeps getting kicked in the gut, but so far remains unbeaten
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    I'm with you, Jay. But she didn't see what her husband did to Adam as abuse, only an attempt to save him. Because he refused to be saved he is in effect 'dead' to her, although very much alive, while her husband is indeed dead - something she doesn't want to accept.
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    Thanks Flesco. An interesting take on the Ma Pa relationship. You could be right as Adam was always more likely to blame his father as he was the one who carried out the beatings. Does Adam want to turn the funeral into a media circus? Another interesting thought.
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    Thanks Geron. You've summed up both major issues very neatly.
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    True - and for her that makes her reaction logical.
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    I'm sure wanting to know more about what did happen to A&T must have helped with the turnout, but the completed forms indicates an actual interest. Adam's parents - or their church - seems to be one of those that follow only certain things in the bible.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    Very sorry about what happened to you CG. At least Adam now has a family to love and be loved by.
  12. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    I hadn't checked on that, but I can definitely believe it has happened.
  13. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    Thanks Glennish. You're evil about not changing their wills but it would be poetic justice. Actually, they are probably the sort who wouldn't make a will. Somehow I don't think the police officer would be welcomed either.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    Adam's father apparently did - once at least
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    Nice one droughtquake That would sure swell the congregation!
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    I think she hopes that what she has said in the note may make him decide not to come. Am also of the view that she wouldn't want the service marred by a scene, hence the note now in the hope he'll either not come or if he does, stay clear of her. Have no idea about the legal situation, but I guess the church could refuse him admission. Then though there is the possibility of a scene.
  17. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    That's something Adam has discovered over the last couple of months - he feels he now has a 'real' family who accept him for what he is.
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    I can't add anything to that summary of Adam's birth mother. Thanks for it.
  19. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    I'm afraid he really doesn't have a mother now or a father in terms of those who raised him. He held out his hand, but it was knocked aside.
  20. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    Straight to the point as usual, Wesley
  21. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    I guess 'sad' would have been the nearest to how you feel after reading it, but I can understand the mixed feelings as I was trying to create a contrast.
  22. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    Thanks. Pleased you thought so. Yes, Adam sure drew the short straw when it came to parents.
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    That sums her up neatly imo. Her beliefs are too deeply ingrained. And, thank you.
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    As we turned from the mail box to walk back home a thought struck me. I had, to use an old saying I'd heard somewhere, almost literally dodged a bullet today. There was no knowing when another one might come my way so I had to try and live my life to the full from now on. Troy and I were walking holding hands as we usually did these days. I let go of his and stopped walking. After a couple of paces he also stopped and turned to me with a puzzled expression on his face. “What's wrong?”
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    I'm confused - I thought it was Joel who was doing the texting??
×
×
  • Create New...