Jump to content

Myr

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    15,743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Myr

  1. Myr

    Chapter 1

    I'm glad you like it. Everyone in my universe that has Psionic powers ages mentally a bit faster than others. Great power, great responsibility and so forth. All of my sci-fi stuff is tied together. Separately, all my fantasy stuff is as well.
  2. Myr

    Chapter 1

    Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed the story! As for your question... I suspect holograms are involved.
  3. Thanks Cia! and Thanks so much for your help, once again, it getting me through the chore of editing!
  4. Thanks Renee!
  5. Myr

    Chapter 1

    Thanks. You'll see this character again. Just not sure when. I'm glad you enjoyed.
  6. Myr

    Chapter 1

    I'm glad you liked it Thanks for letting me know.
  7. Myr

    Chapter 1

    Thanks! I'm working to keep this tied in with my larger universe, so I'm sure you see WET again.
  8. Myr

    Chapter 1

    I'm glad you liked it! I enjoyed finally having my muse cooperate again.
  9. Myr

    Chapter 1

    A Bad Day to be WET “Calculations are complete,” Aegis reported. “And how did we do with that last one?” Bill asked dryly. “We did much better.” Bill chuckled. “One more jump do you think?” Aegis paused a moment. “That would appear likely, sir.” “Okay. I’m setting jump coordinates for Neptune Test Point Charlie.” Bill set the destination in the nav computer, closed his eyes, and triggered the jump. It took a few seconds for the jump engines to charge. As the ship transitioned into th
  10. Bill Thomas is a test pilot in the Terran Confederation Spaceforce and his life is never short of excitement. There are good days and bad ones...
  11. May he Rest In Peace
  12. My attention was directed to this topic and I'm very much of a mixed mind on it. The intention of the Gallery when we set it up on the site was for members to share their personal pictures and artwork. That is, stuff they have firm copyright control on. Because this is such a gray area on what is and is not public domain, we do not actively police this and expect our members to be doing what is right. Our posted Terms of Service cover this. Now, as a writer myself, I also use pictures for the characters I write. I don't post these in public. I have had a talented artist render some of my characters and I have posted those with his permission though, for example. Perhaps the safest solution for everyone is that we authors ask some of the artistically talented types on site to render characters for us in their medium of choice that we can then display? And if that's not available, link externally? This keeps everyone on Gay Authors, the site itself, free and clear of legal issues while addressing the very legitimate need of some authors to show images of what they have in mind.
  13. I've played it a bit as well. Easy to get sucked into.
  14. I think this might actually be good.
  15. Well, I'm getting a little better at Arena. at least I'm now coming in second to last instead of last every time. lol
  16. I've been playing it on Xbox One. I'm a member of EA Access.. we get 10 hours free play time before it's out. As you can see, I have a couple of achievements in Battlefront already
  17. Myr

    Destiny

    I played for a bit. I haven't gone back in awhile, since I've been playing other things.
  18. I finally got around to playing Arena in multiplayer last night. And got my ass handed to me many many many times. I also played Warzone... and did much better. Even got a chance to Req a Wraith and blast the hell out of a boss and get enough points for our team to win one.
  19. Star Wars The Old Republic, the MMO that is a few years old and now free to play, is made by Bioware and is an outstanding Star Wars RPG. I've played nearly the whole thing single player surrounded by others doing the same. http://www.swtor.com/ It has 8 huge, fully voiced stories. (the game set the record for most recorded dialog ever.) I did pre-order Battlefront and I enjoyed the beta. I'll play it as well as the pile of other games that came out.
  20. I've been enjoying Assassin's Creed Syndicate, when I get time to play it. it is SO much better than Unity. I still haven't even gotten half way through Unity yet. Unity is so gimped on combat and eagle vision, it's a real pain in the ass to even play. They seemed to have fixed both in Syndicate.
  21. There is awful lot of FUD in here about Microsoft. (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt). The privacy crap is way overblown by people that don't understand it and frankly make things up and it get's worse with each telling. If you use ANYTHING from Google, you're already much worse off than the 'express settings' from Microsoft and Windows 10. In fact, the number of privacy options in windows 10 is mind boggling. But they are there and you can choose to control your privacy however you'd like. Try that with Google sometime, eh? I was running the preview on my 7 year old laptop... no problems there. I've upgraded my other laptop, my daily use desktop, my mother's laptops. and I've only had one issue. And that issue wasn't MS, it was Dell. Now, for those of you that have switched to Windows 10 and are concerned about the Privacy settings, here is a pretty good guide from an honest broker: https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/5337/windows-10-tip-understand-and-configure-privacy-settings That guide covers if you are in the upgrade process or after you've upgraded. So, if you're worried, take a deep breath and go through that guide Overall, I'm very happy with Windows 10. I love the notification center, Cortana (whom I'm always asking about the weather) and Edge is a damn good start of a browser. it's more than usable though.
  22. Happy Birthday Cia!
  23. Myr

    Chapter 1

    Thanks. I'll look into that when I expand the story into novel length.
  24. Myr

    Chapter 1

    Thanks. I really appreciate the feedback
  25. Myr

    Chapter 1

    Thanks. I've thought about writing more on this story line.
×
×
  • Create New...