Jump to content

Mrsgnomie

Signature Author
  • Posts

    4,767
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mrsgnomie

  1. Yes. This. What happened was a mistake but it's also the catalyst that will contribute to the turning point. Thank you, I'll post the next chapter sooner rather than later, mostly because I know this chapter was a little out of left field. Again, bingo. This is 100% a revealing chapter. Like I commented above, it's the catalyst to the turning point. Things have to change, but first we must reach a point where we see what's wrong. This is the cracking of that window.
  2. When I'm writing, I never think about the reader response, I think about the end goal. With that said, I'm so sad over the volume of disappointments. It is what it is, and it's not for nothing. @drogon I can tell you this, it's not fuel to an explosive cluster F. Although things will transpire from this, it's not going to be the big blow up you might imagine.
  3. “Fuck,” I moaned as I stirred from a less than gratifying sleep. My face was much too close to Nelly’s armpit, Nick’s elbow was digging into the back of my neck, and Sammy was laying at the foot of the bed, which prevented me from stretching out, and there’s nothing worse than not being able to stretch out. I might as well have been sleeping on an airplane. At least, then I would’ve been on my way to an exotic location. It didn’t matter how many times I told the bastards to use the spa
  4. Mrsgnomie

    Catchphrase

    Okay, okay. Give me an hour and I’ll post lol
  5. Mrsgnomie

    Catchphrase

    We’ll learn about Davis soon, although it’s 2 or 3 chapters out
  6. Mrsgnomie

    Catchphrase

    Technically, the next chapter is ready to post. But in real life, I'm trying to finish the final chapter and told myself I won't get distracted by posting an update on GA until I've finished the chapter I'm writing. I'm working hard, I might cave and post...we'll see, but it should be really soon.
  7. Mrsgnomie

    Catchphrase

    Well, that's quite the compliment! Thank you AJ. You won't be disappointed, lots of Art to come.
  8. Mrsgnomie

    Catchphrase

    But in this situation, he’s not blaming his father for anything. He was explaininng a situation, which is father was a part of, that lead to his comment. There’s a difference between blaming and explaining. Also, he’s never really blamed his father for his own actions. It can’t be helped that his father helped shaped him. And possible that, up til now, there’d never been a reason to try and stand up to his father. I’m not making excuses for Shane, but everyone hits different milestones at different times. To say his actions are only justified until 22 isn’t taking into account his (or anyone else’s) specific story. I guess we’ll see what happens!
  9. Mrsgnomie

    Catchphrase

    But also, it can be yesterday night. It’s like...soda vs pop. 100%
  10. Mrsgnomie

    Catchphrase

    No, no no no. My friend is gonna read this. It’s gonna be bad lol. I’m not saying yesterday night is 100% correct, but it’s not 100% wrong either.
  11. Mrsgnomie

    Catchphrase

    Don't over think! You’ll be going down the wrong rabbit hole, I promise. lol
  12. Mrsgnomie

    Catchphrase

    Why does it make Shane an asshole? We’re talking about an event from his past and the way him and his friends have dealt with it. That’s a person choice for them and It’s not uncommon by any means. Hell, I laugh and joke about worse things in my own life. Shane’s not allowed to? With th that said, when Donovan asked him to leave, Shane respected him and left. My story, along with any other story, aren’t going to be liked by everyone. You haven’t like it from the first chapter and I imagine you won’t like the last. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Can’t win them all.
  13. Mrsgnomie

    Catchphrase

    I agree, and obviously there’s still more conversations to be had between them...so many things are still unclear. We’ll see if they can work it out.
  14. Mrsgnomie

    Catchphrase

    So, this is an argument that a friend and I have regularly. I say both—last night and/or yesterday night. He swears the proper way is ONLY to say last night. I call bullshit. BUT I wrote that in to make him laugh, other then making my friend laugh, that scene is pointless lol. And if anyone has thoughts on the matter, please share. ETA: We’ll see if you still think Allé is a good friend after the next chapter.
  15. Mrsgnomie

    Catchphrase

    I arrived home, exhausted from AARP’s family reunion cluster fuck, and fell backward onto my bed. I stared at the ceiling in disbelief as I thought back to the day’s events, scratch that, as I thought about the last twenty-four hours. Generally, I considered myself a good person. I worked with kids who had cancer, I paid my bills on time, I donated my time and money to good causes, I didn’t cheat, and I kept lying to a minimum. So why did I feel as though I couldn’t escape the F5 shit s
  16. Mrsgnomie

    Family Reunion

    Tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on when I can do a once over (haven't read it since I wrote it months ago) and make sure all is good to go!
  17. Mrsgnomie

    Family Reunion

    This is always a terrifying statement. My mind automatically assumes you'll find tons of holes and errors the second time around. But this was a relief. *wipes nervous sweat from brow* Thank you.
  18. Mrsgnomie

    Family Reunion

    I must say, you guys are wonderful. I struggled with this chapter and almost decided to do a re-write but was talked down by several of my Patreon friends. I have to remember that when I wrote this a few months ago, there was a reason behind everything. I really need to learn to trust myself! Also, thank you guys for making me seem like I know what I'm doing. You find depth in my writing that is totally unintentional. I read the comment and think 'holy shit, I didn't even pick up on that!'. You know what they say, "fake it til you make it". With that said, it will take a few chapters, but pieces will fall together and truths will be told.
  19. Mrsgnomie

    Family Reunion

    💯💯 agreed.
  20. Mrsgnomie

    Family Reunion

    This is very true. We can know, realistically, something is bad. On paper it can be very black and white. But emotions make things murky and grey. I think it’s good, though. In general, shitty people can be a diamond in the rough and need someone to see the grey.
  21. Mrsgnomie

    Family Reunion

    Without going into too much detail, or spilling anything I shouldn’t. We do hear from Shane and his story. Rather it’s right or wrong is a matter of opinion.
  22. So many times, I’d wished to wake up without a hangover, more times than I could count. Never, in all my years, had I woken up wishing I’d had one, yet, there I was, upset because I wasn’t somehow incapacitated. I felt great, physically anyway, but mentally I was undercooked scrambled eggs—worthless. I got out of bed and tried not to think about anything. It was nearly impossible as the events of the night before replayed like a bad montage video. I’m not a fag, I just like a tight ass. I c
  23. Now!
  24. Mrsgnomie

    A morning storm

    AARP is a non-profit organization for elders. It stands for American Assocoates of Retired Persons lol
  25. I got it fixed, but when I did my once over on the chapter I started cringing. It’s not my best work, in fact, I really don’t like it. I’m working with my BETA now to see if it’s fixable. Ugh...
×
×
  • Create New...