Jump to content

Mrsgnomie

Signature Author
  • Posts

    4,766
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mrsgnomie

  1. Mrsgnomie

    A long work week

    Although I understand your point, at what point does Gordy need to also lighten up? Is Shane forever gonna have to walk on eggshells while everyone can joke and tease without worry?
  2. Mrsgnomie

    A long work week

    I agree, he’s definitely blowing things out of proportion. I think it’s obvious Shane wasn’t being rude...
  3. Per our tradition, the DONNAS and I got ready for the game at my house and showed up at the park looking fabulous…as always. Although we got ready together, I needed to switch over my laundry so I left after them, driving myself to the game. We were playing Landry’s again, which was awesome because their team rocked and they weren’t afraid to have a good time. Ever since playing Hanks, we were extra appreciative of teams that weren’t complete assholes. I was walking from the parking lot to t
  4. Mrsgnomie

    First Dates

    ❤️❤️❤️ You’re so welcome!
  5. Mrsgnomie

    First Dates

    You know, I hadn’t thought of this...but it’s soo gonna happen
  6. Mrsgnomie

    First Dates

    Yes, he’ll definitely meet the family
  7. Mrsgnomie

    First Dates

    Our conversation was light and good on our way to the clinic—perfect for the first stage of getting to know someone. It was going so well, yet, I had an overwhelming need to change the subject and talk about something that had been bothering me. If I had any tact or sense of preservation, I would’ve let the whole thing drop, but I didn’t. I turned in my seat until I was facing him and let my eyes wander over him for a moment. He was the most put together I’d ever seen him. He was wearing a
  8. Mrsgnomie

    Chapter 5

    So much emotion. It seems like they're both working through their baggage separately, which is awesome. Kels is working out his own issues and so is Josh. I love this chapter because it's so real and authentic. Just one question though... WHO IS OWEN?! No. No. NOOOOOOOOO.
  9. It's a definite possibly, Donovan has a little of that dramatic flare, no doubt.
  10. I love that they’re not overly affectionate, but you can hopefully see genuine emotion and chemistry there.
  11. My cup overfloweth!
  12. Yes, how Shane top this date? lol
  13. I hadn’t been asleep nearly long enough when my phone started to beep at me. It wasn’t an alarm, only a reminder I’d set the previous week. I didn’t want to forget—not that forgetting was a possibility. 8:30 a.m.: Go to the clinic and get tested, you barebacking moron! I hadn’t quite slept off my smorgasbord of negative emotions that derived from last night's game, so waking up to that specific reminder was icing on the cake. Only the icing was fondant and everyone knew fondant was fuc
  14. I don't think anyone is expected to forget, that's impossible. But forgiveness is essential, not just for them, but for yourself. Holding onto that stuff is toxic. It also lets them have free rent in your mind because you can't let it go. Count me out lol.
  15. Yes, a rough game for sure. But I think it was eye opening for Shane, and his friends.
  16. This ^^ Even when we think we're over things, and they've been dormant for years, they still affect us greatly.
  17. I enjoyed living life on my toes and not letting things settle into a mundane experience where every minute became as predictable as the next. If someone asked me, ‘Donovan, what’s new?’ I wanted to have something to say. Yes, I had a steady job and a fairly predictable schedule, but that didn’t mean my life wasn’t interesting. There was always a level of art in my life, and by art I mean theatrics, and by theatrics I mean drama. I’d never liked drama. Okay, I’d never liked the word ‘drama’
  18. Mrsgnomie

    Run here often?

    Donovan loves the 'arts'...and I love providing it.
  19. Mrsgnomie

    Run here often?

    I'd definitely like to think he isn't a complete douchebag, just misunderstood. I suppose, only time will tell.
  20. I knew I wasn’t going to see Shane on Saturday or Sunday since we hadn’t made plans and he didn’t have my phone number. That was the gamble when playing hard-to-get. Sometimes you’re actually hard to get. Sure, there was a part of me that hoped he’d get my number from Drew and call me, but he didn’t. We’d probably see each other Monday between practices, and make arrangements to hang out…it’d be wonderful. My plan was to wake up a few minutes earlier on Monday morning so I could spend the ex
  21. Mrsgnomie

    Chapter 1

    Oh shit, no pressure lol. I'd like the record to reflect that this is my first story, ever (although I vaguely remember posting that at the beginning). And yes, I wasn't exactly going for originality, but I think it turned out okay... you know, for my first story.
  22. Mrsgnomie

    Chapter 8

    Yes, this. I have a vague story board in my mind. Things I'd like to see mature, characters, scenes...but nothing is concrete until it's written. My first story, I didn't post until it was completely done. My current story was 3/4 finished. We're the same people.
  23. Mrsgnomie

    Chapter 8

    I totally understand this. I'll start a story (or even a chapter) with an idea, but it all transforms as I write. I always end up surprising myself, like, I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING! Which is a funny statement coming from the author lol.
  24. Mrsgnomie

    Chapter 8

    Ugh! So close and then you end the chapter! lol. Poor kids, what a rough freaking life. To never truly have someone on your side, someone who bats for you...just terrible. I can’t imagine the things they’ve been through. More!
  25. Yes, I agree that Shane needs to confess to running off all his potential mates (sorry, I've been reading Werewolf stories). It will happen, but it won't be for a few more chapters (PS one chapter = 3ish on GA). And yes....ALL THE #HUSBANDPOINTS
×
×
  • Create New...