Jump to content

Doha

Members
  • Posts

    5,252
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Doha

  1. We we’re specifically told that P-Day was never to be referred to, even in jest, as Play-Day.
  2. Jason is very like two of my mission companions. One is unfortunately deceased now, but I didn’t keep in touch with either. The Luke and Chris type companions I have maintained contact with despite my coming out. One of them subsequently left the church but the other remains faithful.
  3. I also served a mission and have found these first few chapters to be a real memory booster.
  4. I can see a little of myself in these guys. As a missionary, I was hiding my gayness under a cloak of religious austerity - kind of a mixture between Jason and Gary. I had also completed my degree and military service before serving so I blended the maturity of Chris as well as the academic kind of Luke. I’m really enjoying this trip down memory lane.
  5. Doha

    Chapter 3

    This poor family is in disarray and Ethan is caught up in it. Mr Jamieson is probably suffering from some kind of depression but the whole family is paying the price. This could end very badly.
  6. Doha

    Chapter 2

    It certainly seems like the Jamieson family could be a repeat of the Elwood family. I really hope not.
  7. Doha

    Chapter 1

    I am enthralled already. Where will this go and how will Ethan/David continue to evade the law?
  8. Doha

    Chapter 12

    It sounds glorious.
  9. Doha

    Deed

    Deed is the sequel to Buckshot and will keep you enthralled from start to end. Elias, Theo and the Silver Creek gang arrive in Canada and all seems well at first. That is until a vicious enemy wrapped in corporate respectability arrives on the scene and the same grit that defeated Cobb and Rourke is required anew. A tale of love, determination and loyalty, Deed is a perfect read for a long weekend in.
      • 4
      • Love
  10. Doha

    Chapter 13

    I loved everything about this story. Thank you and again thank you.🤩
  11. Doha

    Chapter 13

    A brilliant line.
  12. Doha

    Chapter 12

    Another brilliant chapter where need trumps duplicity. Well done Jean!
  13. Doha

    Chapter 12

    I can’t wait for this to be posted!!!
  14. Doha

    Chapter 11

    An uprising of labourers taking down a republican rebellion. Quite a turn up for the books I would say. But then I am a royalist, notwithstanding current events.
  15. Doha

    Chapter 10

    The deluge is about to break and our Merickville men, young and old, are going to exterminate the pests or die trying.
  16. Doha

    Chapter 9

    An amazing escape against all the odds. Now the trick is to keep the town alive until the Dominion forces arrive. I hope they still get to use the Amazon a little more.
  17. Doha

    Chapter 8

    I can’t wait to see the maxim gun unleashed. I can’t hardly wait.
  18. Doha

    Chapter 7

  19. Doha

    Chapter 7

    Tim’s dad is a good man underneath the religious fervour. I really want Elias and Theo to kick the arses if the Fenians and the CRP thugs. Fingers crossed 🤞🏽
  20. Doha

    Chapter 5

    A lovely reprieve from the storm that’s about to break out. Every pot has its lid, as Cam is discovering.
  21. Doha

    Chapter 4

    The two Harding boys go off to battle, having declined what was a hefty bribe. This just shows the moral courage of these two men and the town without knowing it, has been given a lifeline.
  22. Doha

    Chapter 3

    The tide is going to turn soon. When it does I look forward to McCulloch, Valance and Grizzly floundering.
  23. Doha

    Chapter 2

    Our guys will need to become hunters rather than waiting.
  24. Doha

    Prologue

    After 2 years and building a home and farm, Elias and Theo now confront a new evil; one wrapped in corporate respectability, but as devilish as Cobb and Rourke. Thinking of Americans moving from what had been a British colony and fought for independence. I wonder what they would have thought of being, once again, subjects of the queen?
  25. Doha

    Buckshot

    Buckshot is a wonderful tale of love, resilience and loyalty. Through Elias and Theo, who embody these virtues, the story unfolds as they not only save a town from evil, but also build a hopeful future for themselves and others that will leave readers smiling with joy. A splendid read that I devoured in a single weekend.
×
×
  • Create New...