Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Doha

Members
  • Posts

    5,247
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Doha

  1. Doha

    Chapter 21

    I have enjoyed this first installment in the series and look forward to continuing the saga. your writing style is really engaging. Thank you for sharing.
  2. Doha

    Chapter 20

    This chapter saw a tear in my eye. A father and son so diametrically opposed that despite their love they can never be friends. That is sad, but I gives the major a bit of humanity.
  3. Doha

    Chapter 18

    Exactly. Activism for its own sake.
  4. Doha

    Chapter 19

    The major surprised me showing his human side. I can certainly understand him not wanting to divulge his error in judgement in his first marriage. It takes so many life experiences to form a character and the major is no different. Now I hope Danielle appears at some stage.
  5. Doha

    Chapter 18

    RJ wants so badly to relevant. He’s not going about it very well.
  6. Doha

    Chapter 17

    Ignore it once then hit back so hard they don’t try again.
  7. Doha

    La Tombola

    La Tombola is an unusual take on a sci-fi theme. Back to the future, it reveals a rural idyll of what life on Earth could be if we respected our planet. Interwoven into this are several love stories that will warm the heart. A great read.
      • 2
      • Love
  8. Doha

    Chapter 13

    Well I enjoyed that immensely. I’m very glad that Ned and Peter get to share some years of normal life together and that the new settlers integrated so well with the original ones. Thank you @drsawzall.
  9. Doha

    Chapter 12

    Fitting into a community that is virtually medieval in comparison will be an interesting experience. I wonder if they will bring new illnesses along with them?
  10. Doha

    Chapter 11

    That was a very full chapter and did not have Evan sacrificed as I thought. I suppose one of the questions is: “If given the choice would the settlers choose to go back with their Earth cousins or stay in this rural idyll that requires an annual human sacrifice? It’s tough.
  11. Doha

    Chapter 10

    As the spacecraft approaches it seems to be losing track of where the planet is. I’m fascinated to see how that meeting goes. Also Thad and Evan having the same dream must be an indicator that one will be sacrificed.
  12. Doha

    Chapter 9

    As others have said I’m sure Evan is going to be sacrificed and Thad will live with that. Let’s see. Oy vey.
  13. Doha

    Chapter 8

    I can’t begin to think what the next wave of settlers will be after a thousand years later. If they have progressed in armaments our New Bostonians will be no match for them.
  14. Doha

    Chapter 7

    Loving this story!
  15. Doha

    Chapter 7

    I have a feeling it will. Let’s see what Bhanet wants to discuss.
  16. Doha

    Chapter 6

    How did the house turn out? I’ve just bought an 1860s heritage cottage in a small village called McGregor in the western Cape, South Africa.
  17. Doha

    Chapter 6

    I fear we have already passed the point of New Toledo.
  18. Doha

    Chapter 5

    Now that I have dried my eyes I can comment. Beautifully written. Tender and emotional despite the horror of what is actually happening.
  19. Doha

    Chapter 4

    Peter and Ned could have had an amazing life together. I wonder if they will have an eternity afterwards. It seems to be what Peter suggested and perhaps what Ned learns in his old age.
  20. Doha

    Chapter 3

    This is a fascinating re-read. If God exists, and I believe God does exist, then there will be a multitude of possible ways to serve. Human sacrifice is OTP yet the notion of sacrifice in service is consistent across most, if not all, religions as well as critical human service endeavours, like nursing and other non-religious vocations. Loving this!
  21. Doha

    Chapter 2

    Ok, that came as a surprise although we knew that would be the end of the chapter. I’m glad Peter had a bit of fun and that the last day was a good one for him. now the question for me is this: At what point will a saviour come that can fulfill all of Mithras requirements once and for all?
  22. Doha

    Chapter 1

    I have read this story! I thought I recognised it. 😂 but I did not comment in the final chapter. So did I read it all? 🤔
  23. Doha

    El Ferrol

    Hey Gandalf. I reckon George must be around 26. He was 15 in The Gunroom which was set in 1791.
  24. Doha

    El Ferrol

    Here’s hoping you find a lovely Captain to keep you company Gary.
  25. Doha

    Prologue

    I may have read this before at a time I was not making comments. Looking forward to the chapters that follow.
×
×
  • Create New...