-
Posts
8,301 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
I have just re-read the comments made by @akascrubber @weinerdog as I did not notice his comment Martin may have been raped; this is what happens when I read and type on my mobile phone in bed, rather than my laptop at the dining table aka large sleeping/lazing platform for the cats. I can barely read what I have written on the phone as the font is so small and if I enlarge it the page goes skewiff and the expletives explode.
-
Another feather in your cap Mark "Agatha" Ponyboy Peters.
-
Chapter 8 - Back to Work
Summerabbacat commented on ChromedOutCortex's story chapter in Chapter 8 - Back to Work
I would certainly be pissed off with Dean if I was in Kris’ shoes @Davide; wary of him too, fearing he may become violent again. I would definitely give him a wide berth. -
A rather confronting chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, revealing Rick’s gamut of emotions; profound sadness and loss, despair, and perhaps fear that he did not know Martin as well as he thought and/or guilt his own behaviour may have contributed in some way to Martin’s death. I imagine the latter emotion will have increased exponentially with the murder of Alexis, as it seems very likely the killer is someone who is either obsessed with Rick or who has a vendetta against him for some unknown reason. If the murderer is obsessed with Rick then it is highly possible Martin was raped before he was killed. I think it is possible it is a former classmate of Rick and Martin’s, or more likely a Brother from their high school, a Brother who may have been following Rick since he finished high school, the mysterious Mr X from Bondi Junction. Seriously suspenseful and intriguing @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I suggest Adam may be in danger if Mr X is stalking Rick as closely as he appears to be.
-
Kane oozes sexual confidence; quite remarkable given his once sexually conflicted father and frigid sociopathic mother. I wonder if he is in any danger from Lila, or is she merely a horndog like he is. Has Killian sorted out Noah’s attraction for him yet? Perhaps. Noah appears far more vulnerable than expected for one who was so cocky. False bravado perhaps. I’m keen for another murder @Josh Aterovis. Razi may have competition for victim now though. Dumpy Danielle would not be missed although she has not done anything yet warranting murder.
-
Chapter 8 - Back to Work
Summerabbacat commented on ChromedOutCortex's story chapter in Chapter 8 - Back to Work
It is clear I was totally wrong in my assessment Leah may have had an inkling Dean was also gay, or at least bi-curious. I wonder if she will confront him over what Tina saw or will she feign ignorance? I think the latter. Kris finally caught a well-deserved break in this chapter, apart from the assault by Dean. I wonder if he will confront Dean over what he did? Methinks he will not, and in his defence what would he achieve if he did. Dean’s violence surprised me @ChromedOutCortex; it seems he may be prone to committing the sins of his father. Very disappointing. -
Some Answers and More Questions
Summerabbacat commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in Some Answers and More Questions
“Oh, yes. That must have been my saving grace,” Danny said, grinning. “So, who told your parents about the guardian thing?” “Guess,” Vince said, grinning widely. “What, really? Are we playing games now?” “Why not? That’s what best friends do.” Yes, it was time for Danny to hear the whole story. One they’d both been part of even if one only unwittingly." Elvis? Dolly Parton? Cher? Miley Cyrus? If Theodore does not get some action soon with Jack and/or Vince, being a "ball licker" will be the least of his embarrassing habits. Watch out, you may need to resurrect that ark Jack and Vince. Just like Stevie Nicks Sara, Jack and Vince may find themselves "drowning in the sea of love". -
Thankfully James appeared to be at least almost "fleece-free" @drsawzall, unlike Dirty Declan. No surprises once that pucker playfully pulsated James' joystick juiced joyfully. At least he did not become all uptight about enjoying butt play. Who knows, maybe he might enjoy a good pegging.
-
Danielle - short, dumpy and bitchy, Tracy Turnblad with an attitude and without a sense of humour. I loved Killian's description that she had the "grace of a bulldozer". "Cringy" Craig - a much more pleasant person than "Dumpy" Danielle, he seemed to genuinely want to assist Killian with his investigation into Jake's change of circumstances and the reason for it. Kane had to grow up quick, it was a case of sink or swim growing up with his birthing vessel, the hideous skank Eve. Is she dead yet @Josh Aterovis? That event cannot occur soon enough, one murder you would not want to solve, in fact, give the murderer a medal. Noah is certainly presumptuous, and his vanity appears to have no boundary. Is he desperate to gather another "pair"? And what of Killian and Kane's woeful knowledge of "superhero" duos. They do not even have to travel far back in time. In my lifetime there have been many besides Batman and Robin. What of Bert & Ernie, Sonny & Cher or the Eurythmics. And who can forget the Captain & Tennille.
-
Agreed @Paladin. It was a short story which Ang Lee attempted to make into a full length movie. I was very disappointed with it, probably more so because I loved The Wedding Banquet (gay themed), The Ice Storm and Sense & Sensibility, all of which Ang directed magnificently. Contrary to all the movie "experts", I did not like Heath Ledger's performance at all as he mumbled constantly. Critical bitch that I am thought "surely there are other ways to portray angst and internalised homophobia" without mumbling the whole fucking time. I also thought there was only so many times I could watch sheep grazing on a hillside before it became somewhat boring, no matter how many different angles they were photographed from. I found it amusing when I left the cinema there were three gay gays a similar age to me who sat nearby and their reaction to the film was "way too long, bored shitless after a while".
-
My comments were largely in response to the comments made by Pacino and gay rights activists as noted above by @akascrubber. I did not think the film was exploitative or stigmatising; the brutality and indifference of the police towards gay men involved in the leather scene was I thought realistic, as they were a sub-group of a group i.e. gay men, who were already treated by many in the police force in the same manner. If I was involved in the leather community I may have felt differently. It was not a particularly good film though, but then I did not like Brokeback Mountain.
-
The "connection" I made too @CincyKris.
-
My only response to this, and it may be "blasphemous", but Jesus that is a bit "creepy".
-
I thought of the film Cruising whilst reading this chapter @Paladin, and your comment has made me think of it again. A very divisive film when released so I have read. I did not see it until many years later and did not find it "politically challenging" as many purportedly did when it was released, but the times were different when it was released.
-
Damn! I thought I was so "clever" to have even known (I had to confirm it though) there were purportedly 12 disciples, and then to "discover" the casting out demons bumph. It's all bloody Primrose's fault; she has got me thinking of existentialism and Machiavellian motivations (and I have fuck all understanding of either, they just "sound" impressive).
-
I forgot to comment @Mark Ponyboy Peters regarding the significance, if any, of the murderer stabbing Alexis 13 times. I don't know if it is a "Catholic thing" or a "religious thing", but is 13 significant because Jesus purportedly chose 12 disciples to have the authority to cast out demons?
-
A man of few words @Mark Ponyboy Peters or was this one of Primrose's offerings, LOL?
-
🔥🔥🔥🔥🤮🤮🤮🤮💩💩💩💩
-
I must say this scared the bejesus out of me @Josh Aterovis. I am frightened of birds, and pigeons are particularly "creepy". I woke about 3 am and checked on GA on my phone and saw this comment. My heart started racing and I had to give myself a good talking too before I was able to get it to slow down. I had a bit of fever when I woke which did not help matters, and I completely missed it, until now, that you had posted this because I had mentioned "bird woman". Just watching it again now and I can feel my heart starting to speed up a little. It is fucking creepy.
-
@Summerabbacat only ever posts songs which he at least likes @weinerdog and @Mark Ponyboy Peters and he was not, and still is not, fond of that particular song. For him, it is almost as cringeworthy as Crocodile Dundee. I suspect the manner in which Alexis has been murdered is exactly the same as Martin @Paladin. stabbed 13 times during anal sex and the Celtic cross carved at the base of the neck. Was it the Celtic cross which Rick saw every day when he walked through the gates of his old school, or was it the images of Martin's murder which he saw? Is the murderer fixated with Rick as suggested by @CincyKris (we seem to be thinking along the same lines a lot lately as I had the same thought CK)? Are the murders some kind of religiously motivated killing, someone obsessed with gay men, perhaps gay themselves and striving to "cleanse" themselves of the evils of their own homosexuality by murdering other gay men? Very intriguing @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I noticed this too @Paladin and wondered if Rick's parents are dead, resulting from an accident of some sort. Does he think of himself as some sort of "black widow"? I was surprised by the level of his vulnerability and mental fragility as evidenced by a number of other comments, but particularly this comment. I was also surprised, very pleasantly so, at how intuitive and deeply caring Adam seems to be. I definitely judged him unfairly; and his care appears to be genuine, not motivated by the promise of sex. You have me well and truly hooked on this story now @Mark Ponyboy Peters. A very different story from any other penned by you which I have read. You seem to be as adept in the "mystery" genre as you are in the "romance" genre, similarly talented to @Paladin. And finally, it is possibly because I have been listening to Lana Del Rey almost exclusively for the last few days @weinerdog that I am posting this song. Rick's "black widow complex" made me think of it. I find very few female singers who have emerged in the last 10-15 years appealing, apart from Lana, who I think is not merely fabulous, she is fucking fabulous, in fact, Norman Fucking Rockwell fabulous.
-
Chapter 7 - Home Alone
Summerabbacat commented on ChromedOutCortex's story chapter in Chapter 7 - Home Alone
I was incensed by the insensitive questioning of Kris by the police. You made some very good points @Philippe, no history of domestic violence or abuse, so why the heavy-handed approach. It would have served the policeman right if Kris had clobbered him, but then of course Kris would have been in deep shit. Kris's reminiscences of visiting his father in hospital were very moving. -
Seth, Tad and now Craig, three gay teenage boys whom Killian has had a kind word for, and for whom he made a difference, even if only temporary. That is a great achievement, something of which Killian should be pleased. It was disappointing to learn Jake had befriended Craig and Danielle, presumably when he returned from California, only to abandon them not long after. It appears to have been quite a deliberate act on Jake's part. If I recall correctly even before he went to California with Judy, even before Killian solved the murder of Seth, Zack and Jake's family, Jake was somewhat fickle, so his current behaviour is not entirely out-of-character. I am intrigued as to who "bird-woman" is @Josh Aterovis. Is she just some random person wanting Novak's assistance, or is she somehow connected to Paul's death, Jake's questionable behaviour or perhaps Micah's expose of corrupt public officials.
-
The load from James' juggernaut jizz-shooter will be jettisoning jizz before Oliver knows it. I suspect Oliver will ask James if he can rim him. Let's hope James is not "fleecy" @drsawzall.
-
I am impressed with Esteban. He appears to defy the stereotype of the Hispanic man with a machismo attitude towards gay men. His and Aurora’s kindness is seemingly boundless. Most enjoyable @Lee Wilson.
-
This story proved once again what a gifted author @Rafy is. Renowned for his wit, sense of humour and whimsical playfulness, this story demonstrated his talent for poignancy. A tale of one man’s long unrequited love finally noticed by his oblivious object of affection through the power of music. A story told in @Rafy’s unique manner, it is bound to move even the most cynical or jaded reader.
