Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Broken Email
  • Posts

    8,341
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. What to make of Marie-Louise. She is loud, brash and 16; quite possibly driven by her hormones as much as anything else. I doubt she will get any sexual healing from 9 year old Lionel or 13 year old George. Perhaps whilst driving around she should be looking for an 'Adult Shop' to break and enter. I am reserving my judgment on her for the moment (totally unlike me @Lee Wilson), but first impressions are she is not to be trusted.
  2. Summerabbacat

    Pride of Place

    I doubt Eric's feeling of self-worth will ever be sufficient to accept and believe he is worthy of gifts from Andy and Adam, after all he still struggles at times to believe he deserves their friendship and care. The fact he accepts the gifts, friendship and care with barely a grumble now, is in of itself remarkable. I believe both Andy and Adam recognise this and accept Eric struggles to express himself and his gratitude in an effusive manner. It will be interesting to read of Eric's observations of his local Pride celebration. He may find the state of dress, or more likely the state of undress of some of his fellow participants something difficult to reconcile with his beliefs and inexperience. This story continues to entertain and move me greatly @northie.
  3. Summerabbacat

    Lacking Means

    I would find it frustrating dealing with Felicity or anyone like her who enables their abuser. I have never had to do so and perhaps I would react differently if in such a situation. Adam's reaction surprised me, I thought he would go in guns blazing to rescue his mother from his belligerent bullying father. I just hope there does not come a time when she is hospitalised, although it may have to reach that point before she is prepared to address the situation.
  4. Summerabbacat

    Wiped Out

    Another huge change in Eric's attitude for sure. The enjoyment he will derive from planting his flowers and sketching the gift of gratitude for Andy and Adam well worth it, something which Eric now acknowledges, even if still a little begrudgingly.
  5. Summerabbacat

    Adventure

    A day trip to Leominster (not the same "ring" to it as Fiddlers Dram's A Day Trip To Bangor) proved to be somewhat of a challenge to Eric, but this newer, slightly more confident Eric, was equal to the task. Small steps like this can do wonders for someone with Eric's self-esteem issues. Andy's impending talk with Adam is likely to ignite Adam's passion for justice and equality like nothing he has ever experienced before.
  6. Summerabbacat

    Homelife

    Until Felicity acknowledges without reservation she is not to blame for Oliver's emotional abuse and violent physical attacks on her, I cannot see her voluntarily leaving him. Now Andy has noticed what appears to be physical abuse I am almost certain Adam will take swift and decisive action, and if need be force his mother to leave his father for her own good. Oliver's behaviour will not change whilst ever he is an alcoholic; frankly I think only his death will change him. I like the idea of a drawing or painting completed by Eric as a gift for Andy and Adam as a thank you for their hospitality and care. This would have a doubly pleasing effect too as they would be aware their Christmas gift to Eric was being put to good use.
  7. “If I'd never met you, Andy, I would still be stuck in my rut. Living the same day over and over again: no purpose, no friends, no being the true me. Thank you.” Eric looked first at Claire, and then for a longer time at Andy. “You rescued me. I am truly grateful.” A simple heartfelt response, the most powerful message Eric could deliver on video, with some expansion on the changes Andy and Adam instigated on his behalf. Another delightful chapter @northie.
  8. Summerabbacat

    Together

    Felicity needs to release her "inner Lorena Bobbitt". Perhaps she can borrow some pruning shears from Andy. Oliver Partington is a brute and a bigot. The best thing which could occur for all parties, he gets pissed, falls down the stairs and breaks his neck. Problem solved, although cleaning the carpet may be time consuming. Eric's excitement was palpable. Viewing the garden and "talking shop" with Andy revitalised him like nothing to date. Perhaps going forward if Andy's business continues to grow he could offer Eric part-time employment in some capacity or other.
  9. Summerabbacat

    Mixed Emotions

    I don't sense that from Adam at all @northie. If that was your intention you have disguised it well. Adam may not be as warm and open with his affection as Andy, but perhaps he does not feel comfortable doing so given he does not have a formalised relationship with Eric. Adam is far more politically savvy than Andy too, and given his profession he may exude a more superficial approach, but I still believe he is very fond of Eric. I am a broken record. This story continues to delight.
  10. Summerabbacat

    Guests

    OMG, who is this impostor? A quietly spoken, confident, queer man, speaking with a steely determination. Surely this cannot be Eric Whitehouse (LOL). I hear Adam's wise counsel and words of encouragement as Eric speaks. Although he may be a reluctant visitor in Andy and Adam's home, he is clearly a welcome one. Brian's apology was heartfelt and welcomed by Eric. The main purpose of the apology was to assure Eric that his revelation did not change Brian's desire to be friends. Still loving this story @northie.
  11. And they are both "delicious" too @Philippe.
  12. You are forgiven, but only because you are the author and you might withhold "favours" if not forgiven (LOL). I don't know many non-Asian people who do like tofu Mark. I invariably will eat some as I am chopping it up, merely dipping it in chilli sauce as I am preparing it to stir fry.
  13. I am almost certain it was vegetarian burgers only @Paladin as I don't like the idea that my burger may be cooked on the same hotplate using the same utensils as those made from meat. I would often go there to get a takeaway burger on a Sunday evening. I vaguely remember it disappeared without any warning, much to my disappointment. I distinctly remember it was run by a couple of lesbians so I felt very comfortable going there.
  14. Summerabbacat

    Friends In Need

    Adam to the rescue again. A knight in shining armour. I daresay Eric will be crotchety, but he is more self-aware now and tries harder to keep his short fuse in check as he did when he first entered Brian's cafe in the previous chapter. Meal times and the meals themselves at the Harper-Partington household will be different for all parties if compromise is made. There could well be some humorous moments emerge from this. Brian did not surprise with his take charge attitude. He showed Eric with actions rather than words that his revelation he is gay is of no consequence to their friendship.
  15. Summerabbacat

    Happenings

    I don't believe Brian is bigoted; I think he merely got a shock when Eric disclosed he is gay. I don't think it was necessarily the fact Eric is gay which shocked so much as Eric's candour. He had previously discussed with his wife that Eric seemed asexual and that is likely what Brian has always assumed. I expect Brian will take charge of the accident very quickly to ensure Eric is safe. Great work again @northie.
  16. Summerabbacat

    Distractions

    Eric's mind is being challenged and disturbed in ways previously unknown. He acknowledges this is a good thing, even though he is discovering much to upset him. He may find there will be times he will need to distance himself from too much upset though as it may become detrimental to his health, physical and/or mental. Andy's acknowledgment that Eric has woken him up too regarding the plight of members of their community is something of which Eric should be justly proud. The quintessentially English manner in which you tell your stories @northie is one of their greatest attractions. If you ever read the stories of other authors on this site you may wish to have a read of any story penned by your fellow Englishman, @Robert Hugill. His stories are quintessentially English too, and like this one present a slice of life, generally in smaller English towns, which have developed quite a following too.
  17. Seriously delicious. Summerabbacat eats it frequently, even in non-Asian dishes. In summer I will often stir fry some and serve with a simple salad, or as I did the other evening with a plate of stir fried capsicum, avocado and chilli sauce (the avocado was not stir fried). When I lived in Erskineville (an inner city suburb in Sydney) in 1995/96 there was a take away cafe, Cafe Brontosaurus, that I frequented which made these to-die-for tofu burgers on really chunky bread rolls with a home-made satay sauce, lots of salad and the best home-made hot chips. I don't like silken tofu though which is served as a sweet dish, and I hate tempeh.
  18. Summerabbacat

    Just Desserts

    "He strolled down the path, enjoying the sunshine, looking at the plants on the way. It was so good not to have to watch his feet all the time – though the path still caught the frost like the old one. Eric stopped for a moment at the gate to take a lungful of fresh air." Is this really Eric Whitehouse @northie or an impostor?
  19. Summerabbacat

    Just Desserts

    Hyacinth Turner is certainly a busy body and very insensitive. She must surely realise Eric is not well off or is she so wrapped up in herself she is oblivious to this. And as for Bella, she should leave her inside when she intends on interrogating Eric. Clearly Bella does not like Eric (or is she like that with all other humans); her sudden lunging at Eric could be enough to knock him off his feet one day. If he were to fall I imagine he could be severely injured, reducing his life further. I like no nonsense Claire. I think Adam's idea of a dinner invitation for her and Eric together is a marvellous idea. I wonder if Eric is one of A Helping Hand's greatest 'success' stories. If so, I wonder if both Eric and Andy would be willing to be interviewed about their experiences in an attempt to obtain more government and/or private funding for the organisation. I love ice-cream, vegan of course, so the bacon flavoured ice cream would be a no-no. I have to say the ice-creams Andy purchased are very unappealing. 🤮🤮🤮 More small town delights @northie.
  20. Stir fried vegetables and tofu with ginger, coriander and a special "Aaron marinade"? That sounds quite tasty @Ivor Slipper. Put that on Charlie Wong's menu @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  21. Summerabbacat

    Connected

    Somehow I cannot imagine Eric surfing the net for porn, watching endless videos from Raging Stallion, Hot House or Falcon, or loading his profile onto Grindr or SilverDaddies, but stranger things have happened. Who would ever have thought he would get a computer. In all seriousness though, a site like GA would be ideal for him, one which does not rely upon porn revenue to maintain its existence and has certain limitations on content. "I picked up your laptop a few minutes ago, but I've got to go and see a client before I can come to you. It'll be late afternoon – 'bout four? “I need to get some food in after the engineer has left. I've run out of milk and bread. You'll have your key, so let yourself in if I haven't got back.” Is this really Eric Whitehouse speaking, instructing someone to enter his private domain in his absence, even though he does have a key? Such is the comfort and contentment brought by Eric's friendship with Andy that this is now possible. Crocuses, what a beautiful flower, and for Eric to be surrounded now by such beauty. I believe something as simple as this would lift and soothe Eric's spirits in times of upset or anxiety. More joy from your pen @northie.
  22. She did present rather well in this chapter didn't she, almost human and likeable. Brian's suspicion there may have been a blowup with Jasper has merit as she was less inclined to defend his actions the last time she and Brian spoke. I found humour in this chapter too. I had not noticed it before, but in conversation Deirdre shortens Brian's name to Bri (WTF), and does a lot of snorting (I seem to recall Therese was a snorter too). Their telephone discussion was amicable, almost like two old friends catching up, which makes me even more suspicious Jasper may have outstayed his welcome. If he has become involved in smuggling to any extent and Deirdre has become aware of it, she may have ended their relationship. I doubt she would disclose this to Brian as her pride would likely be wounded. Toby enlisting assistance from Elise is a good idea. Perhaps they can make it a family event; whilst Elise assists Toby, Lin can give Brian some lessons in cooking Korean style.
  23. You rascal @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  24. Summerabbacat

    Hot and Cold

    A delightful return to the world of Eric, Andy, Adam and an array of "smaller part" characters. Life has improved significantly for Eric since he met Andy and Adam. He has a more positive outlook on life, his social circle has expanded a little and he is moving outside his comfort zone to embrace new things, such as a computer. The only thing which has not changed is the bloody awful weather. People who live in such climates obviously have a far more robust and resilient constitution, both physical and mental, than I possess. If the first chapter is any indication @northie, the journey through Eric, Andy and Adam's life is set to be as enjoyable in this book as it was in its predecessor.
  25. Could this be in Tony and Aaron's future? A wonderful song, performed by many since written in 1937, but I don't know of any version better than the one performed by Peggy Lee, a favourite of mine from the 1950's and 1960's. Perhaps the sprawling white house?
×
×
  • Create New...