Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,329
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Summerabbacat

    Date Night

    Way to go Vince. Graham aka Dolly Levi, has had a resounding success running interference in the relationship between his brother and Peter. ✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️. Well done. Perhaps Vince may return the favour and "encourage" a romance between Graham and Matt. Perhaps Freddie may feel comfortable to come out now to Vince. What a shame Macdonald Philpott cannot be present to witness his grandson coming out as gay to his now same-sex attracted father, whilst his gay uncle is on standby for moral support. What a great chapter @Robert Hugill. The scene where Freddie witnesses his father on the floor kissing Peter would be the perfect vehicle for some of your very best English comedians to reenact. Comical, awkward and undoubtedly very silly, much like my favourite English musical act (even more than Kate, Robert) with their version of Help, with backing "vocals" by Jennifer Saunders, Dawn French and Kathy Burke aka Lananeeneenoonoo. It is rather topical too, given the Help from Graham to get Vince and Peter moving in the right direction.
  2. I had similar thoughts to @weinerdog and @pvtguy. It makes sense to invite Mike and Jess to the party and Jess' girlfriend if she wants to come too. Perhaps having sex with the guy who is presumably the father of her baby confirmed for Jess she is a lesbian. I am sceptical Jess' girlfriend will want to raise the baby with her though. Presumably she is a similar age, 17 or 18, so I will be very surprised if she wants to settle down and play 'happy families', and in her defence why should she at such a young age. I think @pvtguy's suggestion Mike and Jess move into Tony's apartment in Brisbane, at least in the short term, is a good one, and Tony buy the sprawling white house on the hill an even better one. I am almost certain he will buy the house, particularly now he will likely have his sister and baby to provide a home for. And what of their mother, the Monolith. Seemingly she has not changed one iota; age has not mellowed her. She is still a nasty, judgmental, sour, bigoted bitch. At least one of her husbands left her, for good reason apparently, and she has driven her children away, all because her life is governed by a fictional account of life's dos and don'ts. It must be awfully difficult being perfect, although she seems to have conveniently overlooked she is twice-divorced, which I understand is a big no-no according to the Old Testament. She is going to be very lonely, although I am certain she will still have her biscuits for company. Great work as usual @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  3. "She knocked on my door a short time ago, totally naked and asked me to fuck her." I was so traumatised and physically ill by the thought of Marie-Louise naked that I blocked it from my mind. Mathias has my deepest sympathy. If he wasn't gay before he sure the hell will be now. L'Oreal, Ella Bache, Chanel, Clarins and Wilson by Lee. I am counting on you NOT to test your products on animals and to proudly single your brand out for this.
  4. Ryan to Marie-Louise "Take out the trash please Marie-Louise, and while you are there stay with it, bitch". Marie-Louise struck out with Ryan, Benjamin and Henry, the latter of whom she groped before insulting him. Is her hair orange @Lee Wilson? Have we seen the last of Marie-Louise? Somehow I doubt it. Sample 43-b contained some form of formaldehyde, which is why the dead bodies are not decomposing at the rate expected. If it could be modified slightly so it does not kill, it could revolutionise the cosmetic industry. Another outstanding song by the brilliant Kate Bush sums up why so many have died.
  5. Riveting from start to finish, this tale of murder is so much more than merely catching the culprit. A quite large cast of characters, many of whom @Josh Aterovis paints warts and all, ensuring they are believable. Not for the faint hearted, there are a handful of truly despicable characters, one of whom is insane, and understandably so. It is not often one expects to be moved by the plight of a murderer, but in this tale I was. With painstaking attention to detail, the murder, what caused it, and its aftermath, are all very well explained. Exceptionally well written and very entertaining.
  6. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 1

    It's way too early yet to fully understand the dynamics of the relationships between the three main protagonists, Will, Joey and Laura, nevertheless I do enjoy speculating. "I looked out across the river. "We're growing apart," I said softly. "Laura and Gabe, you and Mackenzie...me and nobody." "We're not growing apart, we're growing up. You're my best friend, and you always will be. Nothing will ever change that. But we're not fourteen anymore. We can't spend all our lives together. We're all going to have families and careers. It can't be just the three of us forever." Given Joey is to be murdered, the statement in bold text may prove true, although I believe Joey and Will's ideal of what a best friend is, is no longer the same, perhaps it never has been. As for Laura, her revelation shocked Will, but I have to wonder if Beth suspected Laura was also in love with Will given her statement they were both always second to Joey. And Will, what to make of him. I sense a cloud of uncertainty within over many things in his life. This could explain his jealousy of Joey's girlfriends and his frequent break ups with Beth. Has he just been using her as a beard? Might he possibly be gay, or just gay for Joey? And is Aidan interested in him for more than just friendship? Many questions which I am sure you will answer in the fullness of time @Josh Aterovis. Will, Joey and Laura are interesting and their changing relationships with each other intriguing.
  7. Summerabbacat

    Prologue

    Wow, you sure know how to capture the attention of your audience from the get-go @Josh Aterovis. I had visions of the opening scene from Twin Peaks when Laura Palmer's body is discovered, the video for Lullaby by the Cure and any number of zombie films, running on a continuous loop. Riveting.
  8. But did it have you gyrating @drsawzall?
  9. Thank you @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Donna, like ABBA and cats, always welcome in my life.
  10. Pheromones were in the air, from Father Andrzej's office, to the Town Hall meeting room, to the gym. The scent of man had Jose and Walter standing to attention, each fantasising about the other, particularly naked. 🔥🔥🔥🔥 a sizzling chapter, hopefully a precursor to a sexual healing for both Jose and Walter.
  11. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 18

    Well said @Cane23.
  12. Such a heartwarming and uplifting chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, one which deserves a musical celebration. I wracked my brains for something appropriate and it suddenly came to me, a song so uplifting and topical given the achievements of Aaron and Tony in this chapter. A wonderful song from my absolute favourite album of all-time by a female artist, a song even more appropriate given the events take place in summer in Thompsonville.
  13. It appears Brian may be a "helicopter parent" after all; Toby copped an eyeful of a gyrating Brian positioned between Gordon's legs. Perhaps if Toby had stayed long enough he may have gotten some tips for more fun with Noah. Drew was surprisingly uncertain when he presented the painting he had done of Brian, Gordon and Toby initially to Brian and Gordon only. The usually confident Drew was almost apologetic, thinking perhaps the painting was not good enough. All three were delighted with it. "Dear Beloved Friends I wanted to do something special. Just for the two of you. No-one else. Believe it or not, I had them taken in Italy. One of my business contacts had similar pictures created for his wife – no, I didn’t see the images but heard plenty about them. So, I thought what the hell? And I was thinking of you two, my beloved friends, when we had them done. The case locks, as I thought you might want to keep it private. You won’t share it, I know, but I don’t think Toby is yet ready to see Mr Russ in all his ‘glory’. All my love, and a lot else" It is quite clear now that Russ is in love with Brian and Gordon, probably has been for some time, but the gift and his pleading to visit them whilst honeymooning, left no doubt in my mind. It certainly does not seem to bother Brian or Gordon, and clearly both are at least very fond of Russ. I think they should have a frank discussion with Toby as to their relationship with Russ, although he probably knows by and large anyway. Another chapter where I have to used "lovely" to describe it @Robert Hugill.
  14. I abhor the use of any animals, including human animals, in laboratory testing of anything, unless it is voluntary; however, that abhorrence would not extend to testing on Marie-Louise. She has again shown herself to be so thoroughly unlikeable. Behaving like a millennial princess may have worked for her in the past, but it is not working now. Attitude adjustment time or she may find herself in isolation permanently. Benjamin Fitzgerald is likely to prove to be a very important member of the group of 10 survivors. Ryan appears to be a born leader and capable thus far at least, of keeping the peace. I don't think it will be too long before Marie-Louise insults more, if not all 10 survivors in total. Very suspenseful @Lee Wilson. It is unanimous amongst readers, Marie-Louise is a bitch waiting for her comeuppance.
  15. I think you left out a critical word in that question @CincyKris, and the word is when. Unless the house is not for sale or is infested with termites, I think it is a fait accompli Tony will buy the house. I just hope he consults Aaron before doing so as I fear their substantial difference in income and ongoing earning capacity may be something they will need to work hard at to address. "Why didn’t you want me to know?’ I asked. ‘Because I knew that you would have come back. And I didn’t want to be the one to be blamed for you not achieving your dreams, even if I did want you to come back." Aaron's selfless act almost destroyed him; it demonstrates the depth of his love for Tony, and I doubt this depth has decreased. Likewise, it is very evident the depth of Tony's love for Aaron has also not decreased, if anything it is possibly greater than ever as he has come to realise it is the true measure of his happiness and success. No melancholia in this chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, but it was still a bit of a weepy, for me at least, but they were happy tears.
  16. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 18

    Although I am disappointed Lucas is confined to a wheelchair and is paralysed from the waist down, there is hope he may be able to walk again: "His doctors were hopeful that someday he might be able to walk short distances. However, he would still need several years of rehabilitation to learn to walk again." I am pleasantly surprised how positive his attitude is given his disability. I imagine his friends, new family and time have helped him get to this point. Sammy and Alex, Gerry and Paul, perhaps Neil and Chandler, and of course Mr Collins and Brenda; love is in the air at Farmersville High. I assume Brett and Emily readily accepted their father is gay and Dwight is his husband given the scene when Neil is presented with his new car. Ultimately a story of friendship and the adversity that can be overcome if one has true friends. A very good yet again read from @Ronyx.
  17. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    Creme fraiche perhaps? Ask Delia Smith, she loved it.
  18. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    Nothing more than what you deserve @Mark Ponyboy Peters. You give freely of your talent, a talent which clearly has universal appeal, even though your stories are quintessentially Australian (apart from those wretched "flip flops", LOL). For me personally, I have appreciated the fact you have not reduced Australia to a cringeworthy cultural embarrassment like that ghastly tourism promotion ad featuring Lara Bingle (where the bloody hell are you?) or Crocodile Dundee. Australia is so much more than this.
  19. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    Would it take as many as 5, especially if said boner was of "epic" proportions?
  20. Summerabbacat

    Facts of Life

    This felt like a very "natural place" to provide more detail of Eric's childhood @northie, particularly as it relates to sex. The boys have not that I can recall talked about sex in any detail with Eric before now, and to have discussed it after watching a gay themed film or TV show is very apropos. It also illustrates the relationship between Andy and Eric, and to a lesser extent Adam, continues to evolve into one of an even greater and more equal friendship. The evolution of their friendship is quite extraordinary when examined clinically, they are several generations apart by age, and come from vastly different backgrounds when consideration is given to their social status, educational achievements and financial wherewithal. The fact that it has done so authentically is testament to your literary talents, their friendship is believable and has progressed despite these vast differences.
  21. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    I think good stories promote or provoke comments, debate, speculation, disagreement or even off-topic silliness (I know they do this for me at times), further enhancing their worth and contribution. It is perhaps a cliche, but to me it sometimes feels like a community.
  22. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    You have created some delightful younger brothers in your stories posted to date @Mark Ponyboy Peters, Toby, Oliver and Peter, although the part he played was much smaller, so WTF happened with Stuart? The first adjective which came to mind to describe him was dickhead, followed closely by moron and fuckwit. 13 going on 5. I suppose there always has to be one bad apple in the bunch, or perhaps I am being too quick to judge him and he is not always such a dickhead. I liked the reversal of roles, Charlie now the confident boyfriend, supporting Kieran the insecure boyfriend, a sign of their love, respect and support for each other. And what of Kieran's fist bump with his father? This really surprised me, was this a "she'll be right mate" affirmation or a sign of comradeship or affection. The $64,000 question is @Mark Ponyboy Peters, will the shit hit the fan, and if so, who will be covered?
  23. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    I thought Kevin's reaction interesting too @Paladin. Perhaps the fact Stuart behaved like an excitable 5 year old and already blabbed what they both witnessed so surprised Kevin he was rendered silent. If he was disgusted I would think he would have said something to Kieran and Charlie, so perhaps his silence equates to tacit support. Depending on the outcome of Stuart's blabbing it could be part of the dysfunctional family Christmas tradition, an all in verbal stoush with insults and accusations flying left, right and centre. If such events take place I am very concerned the impact it could have on Toby as he is ultra-sensitive, and I believe he would be devastated if anyone started insulting or abusing his beloved brother or Charlie. The least we can hope for is Stuart's parents' response to his childish behaviour is, so what?, and the rest of the extended family agrees, and the day moves on without further comment.
  24. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    I was thinking 5 @weinerdog. Stuart appears to be the type of "child" who would likely also shout out "Kieran's got a boner! Kieran's got a boner!".
  25. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    I agree @pvtguy; his father especially may surprise if needed.
×
×
  • Create New...