-
Posts
8,322 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
Baby What A Big Surprise @Lee Wilson to Peter Cetera and Danny Seraphine as of those deceased only Terry Kath is deceased. According to their Wikipedia entries, Peter Cetera and Danny Seraphine are still alive and kicking, although no longer with the band. I only checked this out because I thought for sure I would have at least heard/read Peter Cetera had died because of his solo success, especially the ghastly duet he did with my beloved Agnetha Faltskog (what was she thinking). I actually thought most of the original members would have been older than in their late 70's and early 80's, so they must have been very young guys when they first became popular in the late 60's, roughly the same age as my mother. I hated If You Leave Me Now as a teenager as it knocked Money, Money, Money by ABBA off its # 1 perch in Australia after 7 weeks. It is a "guilty pleasure" now that I am older (although it has still not been forgiven), particularly given they released some other songs later which were way more puerile e.g. Hard To Say I'm Sorry and Hard Habit To Break.
-
Bugger. I had forgotten that and you only mentioned it not long ago when I made a similar comment, it may have even been on an earlier chapter of this story. Nevertheless, the response to this story must be pleasing you, if for no other reason than you have been reassured the bulk of your fans are clean and tidy, and don't expect anyone else to clean up after them.
-
I had the same thought @Lee Wilson, and then wondered how many of them are still alive anyway.
-
Thank you @drsawzall. It is always a pleasure to listen to this song. I think its parent album was the first Dolly Parton album I ever bought at the age of 40+ (I bought it well after it was originally released).
-
I suspect @Lee Wilson this little tale of destruction may have surpassed Manny Needs A Nanny on the average number of comments per chapter. It is almost 40 per chapter now.
-
As you know @weinerdog I don't care for their songs much, particularly when they sing them. Let It Be is one of only a few which I don't mind as sung by them. I personally find Hey Jude as sung by them their most appealing song and I have not heard anyone else sing it and like it. If I am to be very honest, which will no doubt astonish and infuriate some people, but the primary reason I dislike The Beatles is because of John Lennon. I have just listened to Dolly's version of Let It Be and it is very good.
- 45 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
-
She is certainly no Island In The Stream or Backwoods Barbie. The village of her birth is near Knoxville so hopefully she would have survived. She would no doubt be Starting Over Again like many others, including her friends, Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstadt, who were such a marvellous Trio, but with Linda unable to sing anymore they could not reform to raise money for those in need. Dolly is renowned for her generosity though so I have no doubt she would only be Two Doors Down from anyone who especially needed her help, unless of course she did take that Stairway To Heaven because she was east of the Appalachians. I assume you like Led Zeppelin and quite possibly like Stairway To Heaven. Dolly did a cover of it, which apparently both Robert Plant and Jimmy Page admire. I don't like their version (it used to get played all the bloody time when I was a teenager as it was hugely popular with teens my age), but I love Dolly's version. Have a listen to it, it might surprise you.
- 45 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
Dolly, as in Parton, not the cloned sheep. Dolly, as in Parton, was born in Tennessee in a town which borders the Great Smoky Mountains. @Ticklishboy30 can tell you more about her. I quite liked some of her music as a teenager growing up in rural Australia, but have discovered a greater liking for her music and for her as a person, in the last 15-20 years. She is known for her positivity and boundless energy, even at the age of 79 as she is now.
- 45 comments
-
- 14
-
-
No non-human animals were knowingly killed @Lee Wilson. The story is a "winner", a breath of fresh air, except for those who died of course.
- 45 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
-
The weekend after the night before
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in The weekend after the night before
His ego required his sons worship his existence and obey his commands. Their mother must have had the patience of a saint, or she had "dirt" on her husband which held him in line. -
Fuuuuuucccccckkkkkk. @drsawzall has taken all the tissues so there were none in stock, not even all the way over here in Australia @Lee Wilson. George Dunlop Sr is alive, so he must have been west of the Appalachians. Hopefully Dolly was there too as she is known for her generosity of spirit and uplifting nature. She may even be able to calm Lousie-Marie's hormones and get her to become a better person. The threat from China is ominous @Lee Wilson. Maybe Dolly can sort them all out too. Hopefully all will be revealed in the next chapter.
- 45 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
Whispers and Wanderlust
Summerabbacat commented on E K Stokes's story chapter in Whispers and Wanderlust
A chapter full of beauty, courage and despair @E K Stokes. I just hope whomever it was who witnessed Charles and Étienne in the throes of passion does not seek to take advantage of either one or both in exchange for their silence. I often think of music when reading @E K Stokes, and in this chapter I had Down, Deep Inside by Donna Summer swirling in my head. Rather appropriate given they were at sea and the occurrences which took place. -
Another thought which has just occurred to me @E K Stokes. Étienne had been forcibly fucked on numerous occasions by his stepfather and at least once by Henry and was revolted and humiliated by both. This did not appear to be the case after his sex with Charles, even putting aside Charles superior station in life. It may not have been rape, but it was certainly a vastly unequal fucking.
-
I think @weinerdog might like it too given his comment on the oral stimulation.
-
The weekend after the night before
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in The weekend after the night before
Maybe Macdonald Philpott was not a complete bastard after all @Cane23, maybe as you say he wanted his sons to bond and be friends. Nah! I don't think so, definitely still an egotistical shit stirrer. Vince's bashful and boyish behaviour in this chapter only increased his appeal @Robert Hugill. His somewhat embarrassed admission to Gray that he loved it when Peter fucked him was perfectly written. I had a very strong image of an almost impish Vince (even with all that body hair), a giggle beneath the surface, admitting something so "naughty" and with great glee. Gray's observation of Peter and his similarity to Moira was very interesting. Is this perhaps the main source of attraction? Peter is seemingly very good for Vince, encouraging a sense of whimsy from that ordered legal mind. Vince's startling revelation he can hardly wait to identify his relationship with Peter to Venetia fucking Murray was one of the highlights of the chapter. And I believe Vince is hopeful for a relationship between Gray and Matt, particularly now he is happy himself. As I write these comments Robert I am listening to Bowie, his duet Tonight with Tina Turner. Rather apt for this chapter. Marvellous, two ultra-talented Englishmen, Bowie & Hugill. Could almost be a comedy duo. Morecambe & Wise, French & Saunders, The Two Ronnies, Fry & Laurie, Hugill & Bowie. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 -
Why not, Daddy? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I agree with you though @Cane23, the sex was more realistic as each was a little unsure, perhaps a sense of trepidation was in the air, in addition to those teenage pheromones. Now the "seal has been broken" there will be no stopping them. It is pleasing to see Jonah's therapy appears to be having a positive impact on him. He has seemingly moved on from his breakup with James, and his conversation with his parents appeared, I thought, to be a healthy indication of his overall state of mind.
-
Bay Rum body wash? Sounds delicious. And only one of the desserts was loaded with calories.
-
Maybe there is a little "pet shop boy" in you @Josh Aterovis.
-
A delightfully written chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, a testament to your skill Equus ferus caballus. In the hands of a less talented writer the reunification of Tony and Aaron could have become mawkish; it was not, it was sensual and sexy. Enough to satisfy all readers, from those who "swooned" to those who shot their load along with Tony. I would like to know more of Mrs Hamilton's backstory. She is very accepting of her son and his boyfriend, and appears by extension to be accepting of the other gay couples with whom she has become acquainted. Is she perhaps a 78er, or was she a friend of a 78er, a middle-aged fruit fly or merely a very accepting and loving woman? Whatever her backstory, clearly her given name is not Patricia; perhaps it is Rowena or Belinda. Although I am not a fan of this band or of pub rock in general it seems appropriate given you are an Aussie writer and the setting is in Australia, that this Aussie "classic" rock song from 1980 should be posted as a "tribute" to this chapter.
-
The blowjob before the picnic was to ensure that when they visited Mrs Hamilton they were looking their very best @CincyKris; radiant, serene, relaxed and connected. This brought much joy to Mrs Hamilton, and is one of many reasons why they are so well-liked, they are so considerate of the feelings of others, and very altruistic. They are prepared to make a little "sacrifice" here and there for the good of their friends and neighbours.
-
I think the crushing may be mutual already @Al Norris. Predictably Will's father is a pious puritan, totally divorced from reality and the human experience, which mirrors the animal experience, as we are animals after all, although people of Will's father's ilk delude themselves that we have a "special" relationship with a "higher being". If Will's father becomes aware his son is cohabiting with a known "homersexual", I expect he will replace Will as the church secretary in an attempt to force him to return home begging for forgiveness and/or try to force him into some kind of conversion therapy bullshit. I just hope Will has the intestinal fortitude to tell his father to cease and desist forthwith. "Maybe change doesn't have to be so bad after all, I thought as I undressed. Who needs Joey and Laura when you have friends like Aidan, Asher, and Killian?" To have this thought, even jokingly, is a big turnaround for Will. Frankly, I was not overly impressed with either Joey or Laura and their idea of friendship in the prior chapters. Laura's accusations of Will's jealousy of the totally forgettable Mackenzie (I had to revisit chapter 1 as I had forgotten her name already) is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Like hello Laura, you admitted you were jealous of Joey. Murder and mayhem, intrigue and deception, lust and debauchery, bring it on @Josh Aterovis. Activity(ies) to totally fuck with Will's father's mind; not that I am vicious or vindictive, I just believe such people need a reality check from time to time so they don't see all others as beneath their contempt for displaying weaknesses of the flesh and other traits of hedonism.
-
That sounds familiar. Is that from a TV show or a movie I may have seen?
-
My talent is limited to being silly.
-
Beginning the Recovery
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Beginning the Recovery
Any idiot can be president @weinerdog as has been shown on quite a number of occasions in various nations throughout the world in recent times. Or a colonoscopy. -
Hopefully this does not eventuate.
