-
Posts
8,359 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
All Things Funereal, Adjustments, and Going Back Home
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in All Things Funereal, Adjustments, and Going Back Home
I don't envy Jason Jr. Carson appears to have become a little too intense and Catherine was just plain obnoxious. Felix help him if he wants a non-academic career. Jason Sr may not be coping as well as he wants all his family to think. Time will tell. Another fine chapter @Lee Wilson. -
Another Getaway and Patient Crisis
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Another Getaway and Patient Crisis
Sensitively and beautifully written @Lee Wilson. -
Lost A Day, What Else Aren't They Telling Me?
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Lost A Day, What Else Aren't They Telling Me?
I despise Simon. I would have told him to go fuck himself. I don't think Carlo should take him on as a patient either, not because of any ethical reason but because he is a complete arsehole. I hope Brandon really is away on an extended work trip and not "stepping out" on Carlo. I am still enjoying this story @Lee Wilson, even though I have zero sympathy or tolerance for Simon. -
The One That Changed It All
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in The One That Changed It All
As several of my fellow readers have commented, an excellent start to this story @Lee Wilson. Most of the comments I would have made have already been made, and far more eloquently than I would have made them. There is one thing which puzzled me greatly though. Ed's reaction to his son being buttfucked by his best friend was extraordinarily laissez faire, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that, but how does such a man reconcile his personal beliefs with those he and his son are being force-fed by their "hellfire and brimstone" pastor on a regular basis? Does Ed not realise the damage that such nonsense is causing to Steve? I love going to the beach, but I have to say there is no way I could lay on that beach with planes so close when landing. -
One of @Lee Wilson's first stories to be posted on GA and it featured the "Wilsonian hallmarks" he has become well known for. The strength of his storytelling is the authenticity of his characters. This one features the "idiot bunch", a group of homophobic teenage boys hellbent on making life unpleasant, at least, for those who are gay, or whom they perceive are gay. As is often the case with such people (the homophobes that is), several of them are a "chip off the old block". The openly gay or gay-perceived or gay-friendly boys are a mixed bunch, all of whom are ordinary boys in most ways, minding their own business and getting on with the business of life. A delightful story, with some dramatic plot twists and turns, which ultimately leaves the reader entertained and perhaps a little provoked and outraged at times.
-
- 1
-
-
Domenico Martini (not Dom or Dominic) is a boy whose life has been turned upside down by a recent tragedy and the indifference of those to whom his care was designated. Small of stature and somewhat timid, he is placed in an environment which initially fills him with fear, but from this environment emerges a stronger, happier and more outgoing boy. Buoyed by new friendships, the boy who was frightened of his own shadow, Domenico overcomes some challenging and some hurtful events, emerging triumphant and self-assured. A wonderful story of friendship and the joy and contentment it can bring, from the pen of the prolific @Lee Wilson.
-
Tremendous, but my "allergies" are getting worse with each passing chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Both Kieran's parents are proving to be a surprise packet, not the emotionally distant and judgmental pair Kieran assessed them to be in the past. @CincyKris may be right with his comment, perhaps Kieran is breaking out of his self-imposed bubble to realise the emotional distance was at least half his fault. Charlie's grief finally broke through with the visit to the lookout. I have to wonder if this is the first time he has grieved since his mother passed, or at least the first time he has shared this grief with someone. It was a very moving moment @Mark Ponyboy Peters. For much of the reading of this chapter, I had a song playing in the back of my mind as I often do. I realised early on in the chapter that Charlie and Kieran had a lot of faith in each other in their formative years, relying upon each other for support, comfort and love, and not sharing the truth of their relationship with anyone. They are re-discovering that faith now and once again it is providing them with the same support, comfort and love, but now they are free to share it with others who are witness to it; others who are not shocked or disgusted, but who are supportive and gladdened. Beautiful words from your heart again @Mark Ponyboy Peters, matched by the beauty of Bjorn's words, Benny's music and Frida's stunning vocals.
- 8 comments
-
- 10
-
-
A second reading has confirmed what I thought after the first; this is a @Mark Ponyboy Peters classic.
-
I have just revisited this chapter to refresh my memory in preparation to read the newly posted chapter 3, and it is even more devastating and beautiful than I remembered. It well may be your finest work yet @Mark Ponyboy Peters. And yes, bloody Alice Cooper has visited again as the tears streak my face, somewhat swollen from very heavy sinuses and a relentless headache.
-
Welcome to Philpott Towers!
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Welcome to Philpott Towers!
They had a few songs I quite like @drsawzall. Sorry @CincyKris, I just don't "get" the admiration for Pink Floyd, but then I don't like the Beatles, The Who or Led Zeppelin either. The best thing about David Gilmour is he "discovered" Kate Bush. Now she IS an English artist whom I adore, always have. She and David Bowie, luminaries both. I have just Googled David Gilmour and will admit he was quite a looker in the 1970's. Han and Fran. OMG, ABBAsolutely marvellous. -
I Want You, Humiliation, and a Sense of Normalcy
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in I Want You, Humiliation, and a Sense of Normalcy
Me too (without any hashtags). -
Normalcy Moves Aside for Anger, or, Fuck Suspensions
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Normalcy Moves Aside for Anger, or, Fuck Suspensions
A wonderful story from beginning to end @Lee Wilson. The Epilogue was moving, particularly the text in bold below: "I had Karl as my best man at that same wedding. Brandon and I went to FSU together and were active in their LGBTQIA society. He graduated and went on to become a software engineer. I majored in pre-med, went on to medical school and became a psychiatrist. My specialty was child psychiatry, but I accepted adult gay and lesbian patients as well. I was still in med school when Brandon and I wed. After graduating and joining a psychiatry group, we fostered then adopted two children who came from broken homes and were ostracized by their parents for being transgender. Billy and Carla finally got the love they deserved." With anti-trans hysteria out-of-control in the USA, this was too close for comfort. Beautifully written. -
I Want You, Humiliation, and a Sense of Normalcy
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in I Want You, Humiliation, and a Sense of Normalcy
Aarrgghh, those "breeders", kissing and groping. It just isn't natural; disgusting behaviour, inflaming their loins and making we decent folk sick to our stomach. They need to keep their heterosexual ways to themselves and not offend us with their flagrant displays of affection. Michael Armstrong Sr and Greg Rose may have been a little "extreme" in their punishment of their offspring, but I felt no sympathy for them. -
Dumb and Dumber, Sr and Jr, four troglodytes united by their bigotry, dishonesty and admiration for the NRA. I see a fire, deliberately lit, to teach "dem faggots" not to mess with us and our sons. The plan backfires (if you will pardon the pun @Lee Wilson), its execution not carried out as planned as the sons become aware and try to "assist", causing all four to be trapped, unable to escape, perishing in an inferno, and to make matters worse it is a Disco Inferno, and they hate disco music as that is what "dem faggots" love.
-
Four Gay Boys at a Water Park - What Could Go Wrong?
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Four Gay Boys at a Water Park - What Could Go Wrong?
It appears Mike has been hit with the "stupidity stick", repeatedly. He is none too bright. At the rate he is alienating his friends, he won't have any left soon. It sure sucks to be such a fuckwit. -
The Answer and a New, Shocking Relationship
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in The Answer and a New, Shocking Relationship
I love Carson's formal manner of speaking, it is completely without pretence. I have a vivid image of his appearance and "hear" him very clearly as he speaks. A budding relationship between Ken and Lance. I did not see that coming. -
Tony's sense of melancholy at the beginning of the chapter had bloody Alice Cooper paying me a visit already @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I am sure it must be the weather, with temperatures dropping and strong winds of late, causing my "allergies" to flare up. Both my cats have been very sneezy too, so it must be the "allergies" rather than tears before bedtime. Late January, the height of summer, my favourite time of the year. Sun, sun, sun, Pine Lime Splices and Tropical Blend Coconut Oil. I could not let this chapter pass without posting a song. The singer is certainly no longer "in fashion" and for very good reasons, but the song title and most of the lyrics, very apropos for Tony's return. And the song was a huge hit when we were 10 years of age @Mark Ponyboy Peters. You may not have been a fan, but I liked many of his songs between 1972 and 1974/75.
-
Welcome to Philpott Towers!
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Welcome to Philpott Towers!
Please, no, not either. How about Boney M. as an alternative? -
Neil's reaction to his mother going on a date was comical, childish and selfish. I agree with @Lee Wilson; I believe if Brenda had gone on a date with someone other than Neil's high school Deputy Principal, he may not have been so opposed to the date. Similarly to @Paladin, I also suspect there is likely an element of discomfort for Neil thinking his mother may be having sex with a man. He really needs to get over it, at this point in time it is none of his damn business and it is not the end of the world. And Brenda was right to call Neil out on his double standard too. Sammy has shown in the past she will not take any of Lucas' crap and I don't think this time will be any different. I suspect Alex will appear to "save the day" if it is needed. It will be interesting to observe Lucas' reaction to Gerry being black @weinerdog. Maybe he won't have an issue with black people. His homophobia appears to be the result of his Uncle's molestation of him; Lucas equating gay men with paedophiles.
-
Welcome to Philpott Towers!
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Welcome to Philpott Towers!
She was not a conventional beauty, but still appeared very sprightly even as she approached death at 92. I watched a few other clips, but the Kurt Weill song was the one I liked best. I have had little exposure to his music, apart from a couple of songs covered by Marianne Faithfull, Alabama Song by Bowie and a few covered by Dee Dee Bridgewater. -
Welcome to Philpott Towers!
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Welcome to Philpott Towers!
Better them than Pink Floyd. -
Lynn's a fickle little hussy isn't she (LOL). Her appetite for boy is like my cats' appetites, one in particular is very fussy with her food and what she loves today she will refuse to eat the following week. DT is nothing like his father. His family appear well adjusted and happy, not dysfunctional at all.
-
Welcome to Philpott Towers!
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Welcome to Philpott Towers!
Bloody marvellous chapter @Robert Hugill. Bas is brutally honest with Graham, but softened most of his comments with a little humour or with the obvious affection he feels for Graham. Moggie made an all too brief appearance, hopefully she will stay a little longer next time. Matt surprised me with his comment regarding Philpott Towers “Well, it’s rather ugly and I can’t work out what all the space is for.” I had a good chuckle, much like Bas did. And finally a visit to the Hugillverse is rarely concluded without learning something or being exposed to something new. This time it was Gisela May. I had never heard of her and did not understand a word she sang in the few Youtube clips I watched, but I am far more likely to buy a CD by her than I am by Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull or Pink Floyd. Marlene Dietrich with a lot less testosterone. -
Word Gets Around and Closeness With Brandon
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Word Gets Around and Closeness With Brandon
I am glad it was intentional otherwise it would have been just a little too "freaky". -
Another Jerk Plus Another Mistake Equals Pain
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Another Jerk Plus Another Mistake Equals Pain
Oh, where's your sense of fun @Lee Wilson.
