Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,351
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. And they shall revel in the cliche, for it is not just any old pink like that ghastly musk pink, the colour of those hideous musk sticks or fairy floss. No it will be a proud "poofter" pink, a pink for real men. Fuchsia, a vibrant hot pink for studs with the testosterone, sexual performance and resilience to match. The striking couple in their 70's who paid for Grayson and Rafael's breakfast at Treetops were certainly not of the "fuddy duddy" variety. Maybe they are Chase's grandparents. Frangipani Butterfly Dandelion aka Rose Pearson was nothing like the boys expected, particularly after viewing the outside of her home with its overgrown front garden, wind chimes and crystals. Dressed in a white business suit the only "clue" she gave to being a little unconventional was the comment she made about being able to see Grayson and Rafael's auras. Perhaps she is blessed with a talent similar to that of Avery Noonan, a creation of @Lee Wilson. The wedding plans are moving swiftly and smoothly, with not a wedding planner or Mumzilla in sight. See how much smoother things flow @Mark Ponyboy Peters when you take the bride, the bride's mother and the groom's mother out of the picture. Grayson, Rafael and their parents will not need to mortgage their home to pay for it either. And there will be no bridesmaid's competing with each other for the prize of who is the bride's best friend, who is the prettiest and who gets to suck the groom's cock whilst the bride is changing from her wedding gown into her "going away" outfit.
  2. It's almost an example of onomatopoeia as it has a certain swishing sound to it, much like the swishing sound of slippery surfaces to which lubricant has been applied or water itself.
  3. Cornish Jago. Seriously horrid name, so fitting the physical and personality traits he displayed. Ozzie does not like Jane Austen. Clearly not a fan of Pride And Prejudice, Sense And Sensibility and my favourite Austen work, Emma. He can be forgiven for this appalling lack of taste as he is an outrageous tease and flirt, and equally adept at both. So far all the Ledecker children bar Louie, have revealed some very unsavoury connections. What is Linnie Lee's connection with the Barzini gang, if any, and is the connection "voluntary"? I sensed Cutie is beginning to realise she faces an uphill battle to lure Thayer with her feminine ways, at least whenever Clifford is around.
  4. The humour returned full force in this chapter, from Retchin' Gretchen 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮, to Katherine (Kat) LaBouré with her substantial and "business savvy" t*ts and fire-red 🐈🐈🐈 fur exciting men to become cunnilingus converts, to Freddie Bartholomew with a penchant for slim-hipped youths whose butts have never been acquainted with a razor, waxing or laser treatment, and buttholes he has a secret desire to sniff before plundering them with his "little Freddie" fuckstick, to Shamus Bueller who has a serious superiority complex as he chastises yet another person that he is a Special Agent, not an Inspector. ?, the 'One-Eyed Man' still has no name or known reason for being on Ledecker Island. Was he there to confront Deck again about the hospital contract bribery, or Rehnquist (another freaky name) about shady land dealings or Dickie Lee about sexual "indiscretions". Or maybe he was merely there to fuck Ozzie or Linnie Lee. Speaking of Linnie Lee, she appears to have gone AWOL or is she merely avoiding Deck? My single word to describe this chapter @JLynch. Lubricious, with either or both its meanings suitable.
  5. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5 Zoov

    This chapter has taken a much darker, more sinister turn. Is Zoov a master of exploitation, filling a market niche for clientele like Dickie Lee, or is he providing gainful employment for those with limited opportunities? This chapter lacked the humour of the first four @JLynch, proving that even in your world life cannot be all ha ha hee hee. I have just realised, you share your family name, at least the family name of your nom de plume, with one of the writers, co-creator and director of Twin Peaks himself.
  6. Summerabbacat

    On The Bus

    A chance encounter with Tim, a gay bus driver, might well have a lasting positive impact not only on Alec and Rick, but on Tim himself. A delightful chapter @chris191070, accompanied by Fiddler's Dram and their single Day Trip To Bangor, a substantial hit in your homeland when you were a wee lad, and a top 10 hit in Australia when I was somewhat older than you. Not the "type" of music I would usually be drawn to, but I particularly like it.
  7. I have found myself very moved by gay-themed stories in which one or more of the characters has been homeless, invariably for the same reason as Rick. These pious, God-fearing Christians who eject their children from the family home, are seemingly a dime a dozen in the good ole USA, if reports of these incidents are accurate. Alec's generosity is remarkable. Luckily for him he seems to be a good judge of character. You are off to a good start with this one @chris191070.
  8. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 2

    A bout of vacuuming has stirred up my speculative juices, as well as a "tumbleweed" of cat fur, @Paladin. Who informed Joshua and his siblings of their parents death? If it was the police, were they friends of their father's sister and her lecherous husband? Who identified their bodies? Did their father's sister and her husband identify their bodies? Were they really killed in a head-on car accident near Gympie or were they perhaps murdered as they had discovered the paedophile ring? A most intriguing chapter @Paladin. I suspect the criminal behaviour of Josh's Aunt and Uncle may run deeper than the paedophile ring. The police may need to hire Chris for his computer wizardry, after all he worked for the American government on a top secret mission at one stage, so his skills on the 'net must be impressive. He would have a personal interest in bringing down a paedophile ring too given what Oliver was subjected to.
  9. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 2

    A very puzzling chapter @Paladin, until the concluding paragraph. I thought WTF when Vanessa made her welcoming "speech" to Joshua: “Joshua you are welcome to stay here if you want. I suspect your need for somewhere to stay has something to do with that uncle of yours. I never liked that man. He was too much the perfect businessman and community identity. I could always detect sleaze underneath. When your parents died, we tried to stop him being your guardian but his standing as your uncle and a respectable member of the community was too difficult for us to challenge.” My immediate thought was have I gone mad or has @Paladin literally lost the plot. I said to myself, how did Vanessa know Joshua and Adam's parents are dead when Jordan did not? She has shown herself to be someone who likes to be actively involved in the life of her children (I am being very polite @Paladin), but this bordered on spooky. I cannot imagine the death of Joshua and Adam's parents near Gympie would have been newsworthy enough to reach Mosman, although I suppose some connection may have formed between the parents such that Vanessa and Adrian were notified of their death. Fortunately, the concluding paragraph addressed most of my concerns, although it also piqued my curiosity or thirst for more knowledge of Jordan's apparent breakdown after Adam's death. Was the death of Adam's parents deliberately withheld from him over concerns for his mental capacity to cope with such news, particularly given they had been so nasty to him? Or, was their death relayed to him and he has completely forgotten because his breakdown was so debilitating? As much as Vanessa has irritated me at times @Paladin, I could not fault her behaviour in this chapter. She welcomed Joshua with genuine affection and concern. Her sometimes overbearing nature may prove a blessing, particularly if there is an attempt to abduct or harm Joshua by anyone associated with his loathsome Aunt and Uncle and the paedophile ring they are involved in.
  10. Have we seen the last of Rodney Sr? It certainly appears so, with Ellen wasting no time kicking him to the kerb. From comments made by both Ellen and Rodney Jr, a divorce has been a long time coming. It appears Rodney Sr does not dislike/hate black people otherwise he would have made his son's life hell for being friends with one. It is concerning Jerry's father is a church minister as African American preachers have a reputation for being anti-gay. Perhaps he will be an exception, much like Coretta Scott King, a vocal supporter of LGBT equality and critic of those against it, particularly those in her own community who criticised her for her support of such people. Although she herself was not a preacher, she was married to one and was heavily involved in the church and the civil rights movement. An excellent chapter @Lee Wilson. I hope Jerry's father is liberal, and if not, his son's mind has not been poisoned by anti-gay rhetoric.
  11. OMG @drsawzall. I don't recall the episode where she asks her neighbour to look through her front door to see if he/she can see her pussy and drop a sardine for her. The show was enormously popular in Australia in the 1970's, my formative years.
  12. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 3

    Jonas' flirtatious behaviour is a double-edged sword for James; it is good for his ego and for bringing him out of his self-imposed "hibernation", but at the same time is causing him some anxiety, wondering if he is reading too much into Jonas' forward comments. I think Jonas will have to be blunt before James will risk indicating his interest in something more than friendship with him. Perhaps Alex will play matchmaker; now wouldn't that be deliciously ironic, especially if Keith became aware of it. I am liking the direction this story is taking @ChromedOutCortex.
  13. Three in a row. Another weepy @Mark Ponyboy Peters. It seems several of my fellow readers e.g. @Quixo and @Steve Farner, got a little misty or had a cry. I had a flood of tears, worthy of the soon to arrive Cyclone Alfred. Like @Quixo, the choice of Leandro and especially Oliver as their best men, a very fitting choice. Although Grayson and Rafael may need to do a little smooth talking to mollify their mothers for denying them the opportunity to have organised a wedding, I think Pamela and Katherine will be tickled pink. I fully expect Philip and Richard will be too, Richard may even weep. I am particularly looking forward to what colour Travis' hair will be. Rafael's response to Grayson's proposal, Para Siempre. Perfect. I could have posted Sarah Brightman and Jose Carreras, but after this emotionally charged chapter, I felt the version by Norman Gunston and Effie a more appropriate choice. Truly awful singing at their appearance on Hey Hey It's Saturday, but I had to at least laugh a little (I even laughed when he sang Salute To ABBA in 1976). Unfortunately I was unable to post it as it is blocked, even a non-video version, presumably because it contains still shots from Hey Hey It's Saturday. I thought about posting (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty by KC & The Sunshine Band, which I adore, but could not find a decent version (no doubt much to @Al Norris and @Cane23's relief). Outstanding chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters. You certainly pulled out all stops with this chapter. If your current IT job ever falls through, maybe you could launch a career writing romance novels, "bodice rippers", although you would have to add lashings of schmaltz and learn how to write "cheesy", but you have got a "romance gene" already (and I say this with all due respect).
  14. Mmm. I am a little sceptical regarding Sarah's disclosures. She tells Mary, a woman she has never spoken to before although she is one she knows by sight, her deepest darkest secrets. Does Sarah know Solomon and she was just "fishing" to get the low down on Mary. Time will tell. Whatever the motive and its outcome, Sarah appears to be another whose mind is not her own. I found it interesting, and very revealing as to the type of person Mary is, that she expressed some sympathy for Solomon, indicating he was a victim too of domineering parents. I had wondered if he had been raised in a similar environment.
  15. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 12

    Alex and Sammy, both gender-neutral names. Both soon to be school ambassadors. Both hot (well I think it was mentioned in a prior chapter that Sammy was attractive). I think Sammy will win the "Alex sweepstakes" @Lee Wilson. Gerry may appear to be the silver medal, the consolation prize, but what are the old sayings - it's the quiet ones you have got to watch and good (big) things come in small packages. Gerry Cunningham, 158m tall, 46kg in weight, with a 28cm cock, balls the size of lemons and a tongue like Gene Simmons. Whilst I like Ms Shelton's idea in principle, how will it work if one or more students pulls a gun(s) on either the bullying victims or the bullies themselves.
  16. There is nothing more beautiful, more wondrous, more regal than a well pampered and well cared for pussy @Cane23. Just ask Mrs Slocombe.
  17. He is safe then, for now. My mother and grandmother were avid bakers too and made many of the things you mentioned, plus desserts of many varieties, invariably from fruit and vegetables grown in their own garden. As a child and young teen I loved watermelon as my grandparents grew them. They had seeds in them and they had taste. The seedless rubbish which purports to be watermelon nowadays, always already cut and wrapped in plastic wrap, has about as much taste as the plastic wrap. I never eat watermelon now. My grandparents also grew pineapples and my grandfather was like me and liked them on the sour rather than the sweet side. They were also delicious. I always have to remind myself what a Victoria Sandwich Cake is, what we in Australia would simply refer to as a sponge cake. I was never a big fan (too much cream), but my grandmother made them well. She also made the best lemon curd I have ever tasted as it was soooooo tart. I don't think I could eat it now though if she were still alive as I seem to recall it did have quite a few eggs in it and had a slightly eggy flavour which I can no longer stomach. Did you know that you can substitute chick pea brine for recipes which require egg whites? I have seen and tasted meringue made from chick pea brine and you would not know. Vegan chocolate can also be delicious.
  18. “Moggie? Don’t tell me, you’ve got a cat!” He stared at me, “Why not?” I shrugged, “Fair enough, I suppose. Just not what I’d imagined.” “In fact, she rather adopted us.” “At your old place?” “No, here. She was around a lot when we were moving in. Hortensia started feeding her. Hortensia was coming by daily then, helping to sort the place out.” “Where was she living? The cat. Before she adopted you.” “I don’t know. She was a bit skinny. You might not see her, she’s still a bit shy.” “OK, by me. Look, should I be worried about disease and all that?” “Hortensia and her husband managed to coax her into a carrier and took her to the vet to be checked out and get her jabs. So, you can relax.” The jury is still out @Robert Hugill as to whether Graham remains on my Christmas card list, particularly after the question in bold. If Graham's concern is for Moggie's health then he remains favoured, if his concern is for his own health at the risk of "catching" something from Moggie, then he well may find himself exiled, persona non grata. In all seriousness, after what we as a species have experienced since 2020, catching potentially fatal diseases from other humans is far more likely than from a cat or any other non-human animal. Hortensia, another of those more unusual or forgotten names from yesteryear which you have chosen for some of your characters. Think Vern, Vera and Owain for starters. Hortensia, suggests a formidable, no-nonsense, robust woman of strong character. Naked tea, a time for quiet contemplation and discussions regarding hirsuteness. Vince's response to Freddie's question was surprisingly casual and rather amusing. Perhaps further afternoons with a gathering for naked tea may relax Vince even further. The most charming and delightful scene of this chapter though was the visit by Graham to the artisan bakery where Matt works. A simple gesture on Graham's part appeared to bring a great deal of joy to Matt, particularly when they met for coffee afterwards. Unless Matt has a yet to be revealed nasty side to him, I can see him become a favourite with your readers @Robert Hugill. And I have to ask, the question which begs to be asked, do you like cake as cake has featured in most, if not all, of your stories published to date?
  19. I had forgotten devon and sauce sandwiches. I liked it as a child, but the thought of it now. Yuk. And who can forget fairy bread. Gross. It is a wonder we lived through shit like that. And disgusting things like Pluto Pups, Chiko Rolls, Fairy Floss and Toffee Apples. I was not a big fan of Tim Tams, but do like the dark chocolate ones. I have not eaten Vegemite for a long long long time.
  20. Indeed.
  21. OMG I almost chucked @Bft. Growing up in the 1960's and 1970's in rural Australia with grandparents on both sides who were of English or Scottish ancestry, my childhood was filled with all sorts of culinary horrors, lamb's fry and bacon, corned beef in white sauce with onions, bubble & squeak, and boiled pumpkin and potatoes mashed together. Vegetables were cooked and cooked and cooked in salted water and meat was cooked until it was tougher than shoe leather. Cheese was Kraft and came in a blue cardboard box-like container and had as much taste as the cardboard container (I cannot remember if it even had to go in the refrigerator). I remember the first time I had a pizza (and it was a frozen one), I was about 12 or 13 and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. As soon as I left home at 18 duck, pork and lamb left the foods consumed with beef and dairy milk not long after that. Chicken lasted until about 12 years ago and seafood until about 4 years ago, except for lobster, crab and octopus (which I particularly loved), which exited my diet a long time before that. I am a hypocrite of the worst kind though as I still eat dairy cheese (sourced from both cows and goats) as vegan cheeses are disgusting. Having "bagged" all the aforementioned food, I did enjoy much great food cooked by my mother and maternal grandmother. The most delicious home made cakes, biscuits, jams, custard (could not eat this now), jelly and any number of desserts, including the best fruit salad and pavlova ever have I tasted. I have cooked roasted vegetables on many occasions, albeit "exotic" vegetables like eggplant, zucchini and capsicum, and never have I ever been able to match anything like my mother or grandmother's roasted potatoes.
  22. I bet you did not dream an oversight of combining bananas with jam would promote such discussion of bananas @Robert Hugill. I can only but imagine the outrage if you had combined chocolate with gherkins or ice cream with ox tongue 🤮.
  23. I drink Oat Milk in smoothies and eat Nuttelex which is a plant based butter/margarine. It's the eggs though that make me squeamish.The smell and taste is so strong.
  24. Wonderful @drsawzall. It reminds me musically, and with a similar sense of humour, as some of the songs on the Pointer Sisters second and third albums, That's A Plenty and Steppin'. A very underrated American group IMHO, with Ruth the only sister left.
  25. I can't stomach pancakes @Bft. Eggs, milk and butter. Enough to make me 🤮🤮🤮🤮.
×
×
  • Create New...