-
Posts
8,333 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
Importunate neighbours & old haunts
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Importunate neighbours & old haunts
Alison's voice was spot on, so shrill and annoying. And the winks, as shown in this clip, hilarious. Colin Firth was certainly very brooding, smouldering and dashing as Mr Darcy. The first time I ever witnessed his acting was in a 1988 British-Argentine film Apartment Zero. I loved the film and he was very good; the character he portrayed very intriguing. The conclusion of the film was a real surprise. -
Jerry Fits In and More Time Goes By
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Jerry Fits In and More Time Goes By
"We all just sat for a moment recovering and digesting what just happened. Gene is the first to speak." For Gene, digesting figuratively and literally. At this rate with his protein intake he will look like The Incredible Hulk in no time. He may get a new nickname too, BB (Bleach Breath), GG (Guzzler Gene) or GGCD (Goody Goody Cum Drops). Gene's comment about wanting to top himself was upsetting, showing just how vulnerable he is. I hope the other boys took note and keep an eye on him. Domenico is probably the most likely to given his recent brush with severe depression. A very tasty chapter @Lee Wilson, especially for young BB. I hope the other boys don't take advantage of his generous offer, although I have to say they do not appear to be the type who will use and abuse Gene's kindness. -
Importunate neighbours & old haunts
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Importunate neighbours & old haunts
Alison Steadman was sublime as Mrs Bennet in the 1995 BBC production. She "stole" every scene she was in. The whole cast were superb. I only found out recently that Jennifer Ehle who portrayed Elizabeth is American by birth, although her mother is an English actress. -
Chapter 15 See Ya Around Cliffie
Summerabbacat commented on JLynch's story chapter in Chapter 15 See Ya Around Cliffie
Their guy? I thought at first maybe Ty, but I don't think he has been in town long enough and he is too noticeable being African American. Ozzie comes with a family so I don't think it is him, which just leaves Elliott, whose details he disclosed to Freddie were a complete fabrication. We know nothing about him, other than he liked Freddie fucking him, unless that was a lie too. Louie Lee is likely dead I think. -
Chapter 14 I Don’t Know If I’m Ready
Summerabbacat commented on JLynch's story chapter in Chapter 14 I Don’t Know If I’m Ready
"Next to him, playfully feeding him his dinner, a true Bella Donna. Mamma Mia! Short blonde hair, cut in a crisp page boy." Stevie Nicks and ABBA together, in the one paragraph, only a full stop separating them. Now that's what I call an achievement @JLynch. "The FBI hadn’t had much luck cracking any other location, but Tookie kind of fell into their laps. Long story short, he had folded like a cheap suit or, in Tookie’s case, like a cheap dress. Picked up by Minneapolis Vice for soliciting an undercover cop for sex. At the time, he was wearing a purple lamé dress, way too tight for his three-hundred-fifty-pound girth. In the interrogation room, the cop stared warily at the buttons straining the front of Tookie’s dress. “One of those things pop off and you’re gonna put somebody’s eye out,” he yelped. His get-up also included a lime green wig with matching eyeliner. Combined with his kinky black goatee, he looked a half of a degree short of ridiculous." Get that many a stylist. Poor Tookie, his description depicting a hybrid of Sylvester, Izora Armstead and Pete Burns, the former two not at their best, and the latter at his very worst. CO was surprisingly coy in his sexual tryst with Thayer, and Thayer surprisingly assertive with his statement "I don't know if I am ready". And who was the "peeping tom" who watched over the boys as they timidly pleasured each other. Given the thought "He smirked to himself, thinking about what kind of chaos must be going on at Dinwiddie Partners tonight." the obvious choice is Cornish Jago, but @JLynch rarely seems to employ the obvious. -
Importunate neighbours & old haunts
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Importunate neighbours & old haunts
There were many roads like this around the town I grew up in in rural NSW, Australia, @Robert Hugill and @Gary L. The major Eastern seaboard highway, the Pacific Highway, once looked like this in parts in the mid to late 1970's. I remember near a town named Telegraph Point on the way to my grandparents further north the highway looked like this. One had to cross over its river on a one lane bridge and I don't think there were any lights to give any traffic right of way. I recall one time as a youngster seeing a semi-trailer had gone over the side of the bridge into the river. The bridge was made of wood if I remember correctly and I was always terrified when we crossed over it we would not make it safely to the other side. It was quite a long bridge too if I remember correctly. I tried to insert an image of it from the internet, but was unable to do so (not tech savvy enough). -
Importunate neighbours & old haunts
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Importunate neighbours & old haunts
Only if she remains "well-upholstered" @Celian. We don't want her joining Graham, Vince and Freddie for naked tea and cake, or a naked romp anywhere else at any time. Besides, she would likely frighten poor, timid Moggie. -
Another gem from the pen of the ponyboy. A little different from other stories published by him to date in that it is not set in a coastal town on the Eastern seaboard of Australia, but the essential elements of a story from him remain the same; well-written, authentic and for the most part, likeable characters, and believable and well thought out plots. Grayson from whose POV the story is told and his work colleague, Rafael, are the main protagonists, ably supported in their journey through a period of five years of their lives by family and friends, and not so ably "supported" by one major foe. The enjoyment one derives from reading this story is not the immediate euphoria one feels listening to the perfect 3-minute pop song; it is the repeated euphoria one feels listening to the perfect 45-minute album filled with a mix of 3-minute and longer pop or any other genre or genres of songs you might listen to time and time again, hearing a little something different and/or additional and/or uplifting and/or reassuring on each occasion. Read the story, you will not be disappointed.
-
Importunate neighbours & old haunts
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Importunate neighbours & old haunts
Now I feel like a proper wally. It did not occur to me to think of lane as a description of the type of road on which Graham was travelling. We have many lanes in Sydney, particularly in the inner city where I have mostly resided for the past 41 years. The addition of the words "narrow country" certainly leaves no doubt now as to what Graham was referring. -
Importunate neighbours & old haunts
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Importunate neighbours & old haunts
"It was a demand rather than a request, made by a woman in her early 50s. Middling height, well-upholstered and with a hairstyle that was short and practical, but looked as if it owed a lot to the hairdresser’s art. She was wearing a blouse, jeans and a padded waistcoat that seemed entirely redundant this time of year. Her clothes suggested someone engaged in country pursuits or horsemanship, yet she was bandbox trim." This description of Venetia Murray, particularly that in bold text, had me laughing so much I fell off the dining chair. Once again @Robert Hugill, you have outdone yourself with a physical description of one of your characters. The "well upholstered" alone was worthy of a 'ha ha' emoticon for this chapter, but 'love' reigned supreme because the rest of the chapter, whilst not as amusing, was as exceedingly entertaining. "The driving proved stressful in itself. I didn’t drive regularly, after all I’d never actually owned a car, and the lanes, the navigation, and the other drivers all rather got to me." This delightful examination of Graham's foray into the surrounding countryside gave me cause for laughter too, particularly again that in bold text. I asked myself, what does Graham usually drive in on the road if not in some kind of lane. I know the English at least drive on the correct side of the road (on the left like we Aussies), but do they not drive in lanes? I have not driven a car for 40 years and am rarely even a passenger in one, but surely things have not changed that much (I know they have not)? I too have never owned a car and do not feel that I have been deprived at all for not having had this experience. To quote your good self @Robert Hugill, the decor in Graham and Vince's parents' bedroom sounds hideous, and if the "floral" and "paisley" are on wallpaper, dare I say fucking hideous. I do like floral and paisley, but together, no. -
Author's Footnotes
Summerabbacat commented on Mark Ponyboy Peters's story chapter in Author's Footnotes
I hope the writing of this story was a cathartic experience for you @Mark Ponyboy Peters, and the expressed appreciation of the joy you brought to the lives of many of your readers, a comfort for the trauma and sadness you experienced as a young man. I look forward to the publication of more adventures in the "ponyboyverse", some of which I will likely have read on crvboy or nifty; and like a number of readers have stated, a story about young Oliver would indeed be a treat. -
Chapter 13 A Close Resemblance or an Exact Duplicate
Summerabbacat commented on JLynch's story chapter in Chapter 13 A Close Resemblance or an Exact Duplicate
Chocolate syrup used for something other than as food or in sex play. How very clever and economical Freddie was on this occasion. I doubt he would have had to pay much for the chocolate syrup. Never has "revenge been so sweet". Freddie appears to be somewhat enamoured with Elliott. I wonder though if anything Elliott has revealed of himself, including his name, is the truth. It appears Louie Lee has double-crossed The Ghost and is about to lose his head over the entire deal, but @JLynch has forewarned us with this cryptic comment above: "You’re coming to some perfectly logical conclusions that will prove to be incorrect! Read on…!" I note he indicates conclusions, plural rather than singular, suggesting both are incorrect, or is it something else? If Louie Lee survives it must surely only be because the train is able to stop in time or somehow he rolls away from its path. A real cliffhanger this one. Ozzie was lucky he was busted in possession of and smoking dope by Dumb and Dumber, at least one of whom likes a little of the weed himself. Ozzie's butthole and colon must be made of cast iron, a wooden dildo, admittedly lubed up, shoved where the sun don't shine. Lucky for him it remained intact, the dildo that is. I don't imagine that timber splintering internally would be comfortable for anyone no matter how much "practice" they had had. -
That chapter outcome could have knocked me over with a feather. I did not think Sarah had it in her to be rational and think for herself. Fortunately for her, she confided in Mary who has been through a similar evolution herself and passed the love, care and compassion she received from her father, forward.
-
‘Felices para siempre’ (Happily Ever After)
Summerabbacat commented on Mark Ponyboy Peters's story chapter in ‘Felices para siempre’ (Happily Ever After)
Unfortunately (for them) many people born in the 90's and beyond have never heard of Donna Summer. Don't forget to set the story status to Completed to allow the reviews to start rolling in. -
‘Felices para siempre’ (Happily Ever After)
Summerabbacat commented on Mark Ponyboy Peters's story chapter in ‘Felices para siempre’ (Happily Ever After)
Was that all they were wearing @Mark Ponyboy Peters, and if so, did they do the cowboy hats justice? Was it the type of wedding where Willie Nelson and Orville Peck's Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond Of Each Other might have been an appropriate wedding song? -
‘Felices para siempre’ (Happily Ever After)
Summerabbacat commented on Mark Ponyboy Peters's story chapter in ‘Felices para siempre’ (Happily Ever After)
Damn it, Oliver had me weeping again. How can a 16 year old teenage male be so loving and caring. And the wedding, simple and heartfelt. No "obeying" or any religious nonsense. I was delighted to read Chase's hair was a vibrant "Mrs Slocombe pink". It must have almost matched the grooms' and best mens' shirts to a T. I was strangely very moved by the telephone call from Mike. There is a story there for sure, perhaps you will tell it one day @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Happily ever after, a desired outcome for many. Grayson and Rafael are perhaps at an advantage in realising this in that they have already survived a harrowing ordeal as a couple and emerged stronger. Now a word from my partial namesake, looking stunning on the album cover of the sublime Once Upon A Time: -
"Uh, the one with Jack Reacher at it?" I had no idea who, or if the case may be what, Jack Reacher was @Lee Wilson. Google informed me he is a character portrayed by Tom Cruise in a film of the same name. Am I correct in assuming Jake resembles Tom Cruise in appearance or is he just a bad actor? I almost had literary whiplash reading this chapter. Short snappy questions and answers fired at a rapid pace worked very well, illustrating how quickly the boys warmed to Jerry and he to them. The group clearly wants him in and he clearly wants to be in. It seems Jerry will fit in well in the group as he does not appear to have inherited his father's dislike of gay people. DM showed his sensitivity when he almost referred to their group as a gang before self-correcting to group. I suppose he did this in deference to Jerry being African American.
-
A Memorial Day to Forget
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in A Memorial Day to Forget
I like to think I have a fertile imagination which can lead to some "wild" speculations on my part, but I cannot imagine who or what has seemingly possessed firstly Nestor Medina and now Daniel Walker, unless Gerald Dance is somehow involved in this. He is seemingly the only common link between the two criminals now deceased, the one most likely to be certain that each was guilty. Whoever or whatever is behind this may be responsible for two innocent men being killed. @Lee Wilson are you really Stephen King masquerading as Lee Wilson to keep your identity a secret, a best-selling author writing stories for free enjoyment by the public on a "niche" website. -
Unhappy New Year’s Day
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Unhappy New Year’s Day
Why did Nestor Medina lie about his father and kill his wife? Did he find out his wife was having an affair with Adrian Keller and kill him for that reason alone? Perhaps he did not know for sure Keller was a killer. Intriguing to say the least @Lee Wilson. -
I did not find the intentional pronoun confusion difficult to follow as it was evident from the start that Parker had gender dysphoria. I did wonder a couple of times though if Parker really was Sheila and was confused as to which twin she was. I thought the court room scenes were cleverly written @Lee Wilson, particularly the appearance of Drs. Eckhold and Ansten. An interesting short, enough to encourage me to read further stories featuring Gennaro Saggio.
-
The Addiction of Solomon
Summerabbacat commented on Tallguyct's story chapter in The Addiction of Solomon
Well, well, well - Solomon is not so different from his son Matthew after all. The bigger the dildo, the greater his pleasure and the more income he and his dominatrix, Gladys, will earn. At this rate he will have a dildo the size of a traffic cone buried in his arse before much longer. I imagine it won't be long before someone who knows Mary and/or Matthew will stumble across him on the 'net being fucked by increasingly large dildos, or it may be one of his fellow pious parishioners who does so. How will they explain that? -
Birthday ice cream & show-it Friday
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Birthday ice cream & show-it Friday
Toby's birthday party at the ice-cream parlour was a resounding success, with the only "blight" on the event being the arrival of the priggish Hildegarde Harrington-Smythe, the unnamed "brisk" woman who delivered three teenagers and was critical of the appearance of security guards at the venue. Fortunately, she departed almost as quickly as she arrived, with no one in attendance acknowledging her presence, apart from Brian who politely put her in her place. Liz Wells once again showed herself to be a nosey besom, unlike Hildegarde who was just a besom. Lin's appearance was a welcome one and she reiterated her offer to help teach Brian how to cook Korean food. Toby's appreciation of the gifts he received from Brian and Gordon was surely one of the highlights of the chapter. He is an unusual boy as far as his interests are concerned, but it does not appear to have affected his ability to make friends, even with others his age who do not share his passions e.g. Justin and Noah. It was perhaps mean of me to think this, but I wondered if the gift Deirdre gave Toby was one gifted to her by a friend who did not want it. The waistcoats for the forthcoming nuptials are very impressive @Robert Hugill. Handmade in the UK (is that as rare as it would be in Australia where virtually all clothing is sourced from China) and very tasteful. I like both your selections, the second one would be my choice for such an event. Unsurprisingly excellent work again @Robert Hugill -
Chapter 12 They Can’t Do That, Can They?
Summerabbacat commented on JLynch's story chapter in Chapter 12 They Can’t Do That, Can They?
I think @drsawzall may be right. Thayer and C.O. appear destined never to enjoy each other, this time Cutie was the fly in the ointment initially, followed shortly thereafter by Ten Ethyl. If they ever get to Bird Island they may find Romey there, in waiting, ready to witness some action. The Ghost aka Peter Woodcock is one smooth-talking fucker. He appears to be gender-blind, if sex and monetary gain are on the table he is all in, boots and all. Ozzie's online business surprised me with how little money he is making. I thought he would be raking the money in, but I guess he does not likely need it, it is play money to buy weed. -
Chapter 11 A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Summerabbacat commented on JLynch's story chapter in Chapter 11 A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Romey is horny and desperate for friendship and/or some affection, preferably with his "dream boy", Thayer. Thayer is horny and desperate for Clifford, who just happens to be Romey's cousin. Louie Lee is horny and desperate for cash and alcohol. The Ghost fills him with alcohol, enough to convince him to sell his share of Ledecker Island for a drastically reduced price prior to jetting off to remote Western Australia. Edgar is horny and desperate for young meat. Ozzie is bored, desperate for some excitement and always horny. The two meet at the Crosslake Community Centre and schedule a rendezvous. Mavis is desperate for control and supervises the meeting. She ends up wearing the "evidence" of her heavy-handed supervision. The cast of this story keeps on expanding @JLynch, with the common theme a lust for sex, money and power. -
An emergency was revealed in this chapter which seemingly has escaped the attention of my fellow readers. Romey desperately needs help before he does something which could see him charged with indecent exposure or committed for psychiatric evaluation. Get that boy a FWB @JLynch, or have his cousin Clifford notice his existence such that he, cousin Clifford and Thayer become sufficiently friendly for a circle jerk or some equivalent "social gathering" to take place. Orly was freelancing for Clark and the Ghost and has taken an early "retirement" courtesy of someone working for Tony, a mafioso from Las Vegas. Ethel is popular, sharing her time and "talents" with both Ten Ethyl and Vern it would appear. She likes a little variety and spice. Arthur Ledecker shared his estate amongst his four increasingly unattractive, and in the case of least two of them, odorous offspring, and a "new religious movement". I wonder how he became associated with the latter. @drsawzall comparison to Soap certainly has merit as both have lashings of humour and a wonderful sense of the absurd. Well done @JLynch.
