Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,363
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Summerabbacat

    In The End

    The song by PSB resulted from the success of the TV comedy Absolutely Fabulous starring Jennifer Saunders (who also wrote it) and Joanna Lumley, both of whom feature in the video for the song. The TV show was hugely successful in Australia and had a large gay following and the song by PSB is their highest charting single in Australia to date (#2). I don't think the TV show was anywhere near as popular in the USA as it was in Australia and the UK and the song by PSB certainly was not.
  2. I am not surprised Reggie is Judy's son. I sensed a strong connection between them, one which accounted for Nicholas' obvious affection for his nephew. Mr Olive and Alfie, secret lovers, now that one did surprise. Who crept downstairs in the middle of the night to return the ketchup to the refrigerator. Was it Father Tabernacle or Mr Wordsworth or perhaps Ms Thibodeaux. All three did not fare well in the distribution of Nicholas' estate. Very intriguing and suspenseful @ObicanDecko as well as entertaining and amusing.
  3. And in Sydney in the 1980's at least, the police were suspected of participating in crimes against gay men e.g. throwing them off The Gap at Watson's Bay. The best "weapon" the boys and Samantha from the "queer house" have against Jack, Drongo, Yobbo, Shitforbrains and their kind, is their intellect. Hitting them in their hip pocket will hurt and Samantha publicly humiliating them about their appeal or the size of their endowment might hurt too. They are petty little bullies who need to be shown up for what they are. I can only imagine how repulsive Justin, Matt and Ben will smell after a day working on a fishing trawler. I hope they all have strong stomachs, not only because of the potentially rough seas but also the stench of fish guts etc. With a bit of luck it may turn them off eating seafood. I am really enjoying the realism of this work @Mark Ponyboy Peters, even with the homophobic thugs making their presence felt far too often.
  4. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 2

    As I suspected, Roland has made made many enemies with his arrogant bullying behaviour. The question remains, which of his nemeses has sealed his fate, or perhaps he has suffered the same fate as Lanfranco Cassetti in Murder On The Orient Express, murdered by all his nemeses. An exotic paradise, the perfect setting for debauchery of all kinds and murder @E K Stokes. This story has the hallmark of something really good. I look forward to reading more. Excellent writing thus far.
  5. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 2

    The previous chapter was hot, hot, hot, but this chapter was scorching. The sex scene between Gil and Art absolutely sizzled @KKirk. I could almost smell that hard-on inducing smell of man sex and am certain there was just a hint of smoke coming out of my laptop as it went into overdrive to cool itself down. And that photograph, which I assume is Gil, woof. Looking forward to more of this "festive cheer".
  6. Another unique tale from the pen of @Lee Wilson. And for once, the majority of the "cast" are thoroughly likeable and law abiding, with only a relatively brief appearance by a psychopath. One might be tempted to class it as a fantasy, after all, it features a highly principled lawyer who becomes an honest politician (clearly not a Republican), but it is so much more than that as it is steeped in reality, apart from the protagonist's "gift". Storytelling at its most entertaining.
  7. Summerabbacat

    In The End

    We have very different tastes in music @Lee Wilson. I thought this story was: The Pet Shop Boys at their most disco. Comedy at its peak. My favourite comedy programme of all time, the first three seasons, with the first season in particular. I am looking to forward to the stories to follow revolving around Avery's children.
  8. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 21

    The tension has mounted to an almost suffocating level @Josh Aterovis, and that is just for we readers. Is this statement the key to the identity of the killer “I wanted you to leave me alone, but that was too much to ask. So now I want you to come join me for a little game. Do you like hide and seek?”. If so, I think it is Gary, Killian's father who is the killer. I have discounted Pastor Mike as it is someone who knows Asher well enough to recognise his voice. I doubt it is Jesse as I don't think he is smart enough to have planned something this complex. I doubt it is Todd unless as has been suggested by @Philippe he is working in tandem with Jake, but is Jake that good an actor he was able to convince Killian he was genuinely terrified during the telephone call with the killer. Or is it the greatest con ever, the greatest act ever, the greatest long shot, is it Killian's mother? The raspy voice was from Gary attempting to strangle her. And perhaps she is not as comfortable with Killian being gay as she has stated.
  9. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 1

    Not always @Cane23. In recent years we have had temperatures between 18°C and 23°C. As a child/teenager it was usually 35-40°C with high humidity and this little gay boy loved it.
  10. Unfortunately you are well and truly fucked @Lee Wilson. Now on a "positive" note, there are very few stories I recommend and indicate they are 'Unique'. Of the stories I have written by your good self, I have given that "acclaim" to this story, Manny Needs A Nanny and Heckle Me Not (Lest Ye Die - Laughing).
  11. Summerabbacat

    Battlelines

    Hello, Caney This is S. A.C., Caney It's so nice to have you back where you belong You're lookin' swell, Caney......
  12. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 1

    I hate cold weather and especially snow, but this is hot, hot, hot @KKirk. I could almost be persuaded to tolerate such weather if a hot little firecracker like Gil was my reward for tolerance. Not a fan of Christmas and all its trappings and waste, but the mantlepiece decorations are quite attractive. The setting with two couples and one dejected lover made me think of Wham's Last Christmas, one of my favourite Christmas-themed songs of all time. Anything written and sung by George is bound to impress me and this one was certainly no exception. Liking this already @KKirk.
  13. Summerabbacat

    Battlelines

    And who said "romance is dead". You are a true romantic @Cane23, always looking to matchmake the lonely. Dare I say a genuine Dolly Levi.
  14. I made the comment in an earlier chapter @Gary L "bubble bubble toil and trouble" which their behaviour in this chapter reinforced ten fold. Barb is the ring leader, rather an appropriate abbreviation of her given name one might say. Methinks she is jealous because she isn't getting any. And Therese finds herself in a drought now too, with Dribble not even producing so much as a Trickle apparently. Ralph is obviously liked by his employees given how readily Beth stepped in to help Nolan and Verne, and of course Ivan had previously volunteered to let it all hang out for Morrie. The development of the male-male relationships has been one of the standout highlights of all your works published to date @Robert Hugill and this story is no exception. Is it any wonder you have been achieving all those top 10 "hits". The Hugillverse continues to delight its observers. And if Ralph ever gets sick of Nolan he can send him my way so long as he promises to cook a dish like tofu chowder. It sounds delicious. I have just looked up a recipe for clam chowder and I could even make a vegan version by using the tofu, vegan butter and oat milk I buy. Yum.
  15. Summerabbacat

    Battlelines

    Nurse Nancy Nosex and Rebecca Renkin (love that alliteration @empath, very John Waters) are both in need of an attitude adjustment at the very least. Both were rude and behaved like the bullies they so clearly are. I would not be at all surprised if Rebecca was off to a meeting at her local chapter of Moms For Liberty. What a joyless c#$t she is, and what poison she is already filling her daughter's mind with. It may be purely coincidental, but I have to wonder if Rosa's family name is Ramos (more alliteration) and her Juan with the "cute little butt" is now a Detective. Speaking of Detective Juan Ramos, I can only but speculate Thomas' former bedroom in Uncle Charlie's house has been the scene of something horrific, perhaps on many occasions. Is he part of a paedophile ring and has filmed underage male porn with himself as a co-star, or worse still, a place where he has raped and killed underage boys. I sense and hope Uncle Charlie is going to be in deep shit once the investigation of Thomas' former bedroom is completed. If so, big bad Bubba will be waiting patiently for him inside the Big House. Roger is acutely aware how he has disengaged himself from the small things in life which can bring so much joy. With Thomas joining him to form a family he is already observing how sterile and characterless his home is. @Cane23 commented in the prior chapter how interesting he is finding the slow revelations regarding Roger's life. Like an onion being peeled, each layer of self-protection is slowly coming off to reveal a man who is so much more than just a hotshot lawyer. Outstanding again @empath.
  16. I have but one question to ask @Lee Wilson. What colour was the "fake Loof's" hair? Was it orange by chance? I have only recently posted the video for this fantastic song by The Manhattan Transfer in commentary on another story here on GA, but it is so apt for this chapter and sums up the comments of many, which are not a negative critique of your literary talents Lee, quite the opposite in fact. Take it away Janis.
  17. I usually do not care for hard rock music at all @Lee Wilson and post-Bon Scott AC/DC is vile (my brother used to play Back In Black all the fucking time in 1980 and I hated it then and still do), but It's A Long Way To The Top and its preceding single in Australia, High Voltage, are fantastic songs in IMHO, and this from a disco and pop-loving middle-aged (who am I trying to fool) queen. I have toyed with buying the AC/DC album TNT on which they both were featured (in Australia this was the case), but the rest of the album is just a no, no, no, for me. In my long-winded manner I am saying this chapter started brilliantly, I could hear Bon's voice and see the video of the band on the back of the truck travelling down Swanston Street in Melbourne, but unfortunately it was all down hill after this. Even the nameless song by A Flock Of Seagulls, which was a huge #1 hit in Australia in 1982, could not soften the subsequent action. After the 'Fantasy' of the last chapter, this one was all too familiar. An African nation led by a despotic madman, a nation which cannot feed its own people but which has spent a fortune on stockpiling weapons. Whoever could have thought of such a far-fetched scenario. I assume it has probably been heavily subsidised by the nation affiliated with the nameless song by A Flock Of Seagulls and has had to sell its soul to do so, and that its leader Anusol Cunteria Loof has amassed a personal fortune which will afford him a lifestyle of privilege when he flees whilst "his people" will fry. Outstanding again @Lee Wilson. Perhaps you should be running for President November 5 (or thereabouts) in 2028.
  18. This was a splendid chapter @Lee Wilson; intriguing and so well written. The story grew exponentially in this chapter, although I have to say I think the chapter content is more aligned to the 'Fantasy' genre (LOL). A principled politician who stuck to his principles, shiver me timbers. If this political storyline continues in its present manner I can only see the story surpassing its already very high standard. The discovery of Avery Jr's thyroid cancer resonated very strongly with me. My youngest cat, now 12, recently had iodine radiation treatment for suspected tumours on her thyroid. Another of my cats, Kiki, who passed away at 17 on February 26th had the same procedure 3 years ago and it was very successful. Fortunately with cats the odds are very high the tumours are benign (statistically about 95%) and the treatment very successful. I just have to wait another 4-5 weeks to have her blood tested again to see if her thyroxine levels have returned to normal. Great story @Lee Wilson.
  19. Summerabbacat

    Moving On Up

    I found Avery's use of language precision to confuse his suspects very clever and highly amusing @Lee Wilson. Even without his "hidden talent" I think he is very clever, analytical and tactical, skills which have served him well in his chosen profession. His "hidden talent" does have its negatives though with his recognition of a possible health issue for Avery Jr. "Avery junior started looking a little bluer after we moved to Camp Hill. Lindy became a stay-at-home mom along with the move. My salary as Attorney General gave her the flexibility to do so. We started getting Avery tested for all sorts of illnesses every three months. At twelve and a half, nothing turned up." Another well-written court scene which held my interest @Lee Wilson, and again without the benefit of Holland Taylor's witty and acerbic presence.
  20. Jack and one of his cohorts (was it Drongo, Yobbo or Shitforbrains?) once again showed their extraordinary intellect with the highly original (NOT) reference to Guy and Tim as "girls" and "pansies" and asking them if they were going in to purchase Vaseline. I think they need to be taught a lesson, preferably one by legal means courtesy of the police. I concur with @centexhairysub that the police should be informed of the vandalism at least, even if they are powerless to do anything at this point in time as they presumably lack proof. Of course, what I would really like to see happen is an almost 50 year old Lachie make an appearance, with or without Nathan, and take more resolute action. I know it is a long shot, but if Brad is still around and still drives a truck perhaps they could borrow it and just run the fuckers over. It would of course be entirely an unfortunate accident. I suspect friendship with Justin may be sufficient to quell Ben's desires. It may just be a little "man crush" he has. If not, I don't believe Justin will be seduced by Ben's charms as he appears to realise how good he already has it with Scott. @chris191070 described them perfectly "Those Thompson boys are a nuisance". I hope you have something dastardly in store for them @Mark Ponyboy Peters, even if it is limited to public humiliation only.
  21. Hilarious. Poor Ludo. He has been downtrodden for so long by that hideous bitch. He does stand up for Damian though.
  22. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 20

    Firstly congratulations @Josh Aterovis on selecting such a great song to quote during the "love scene"The Way You Look Tonight. @Philippe could be onto something with his speculation Jake is the killer. His arguments in support of this speculation are well reasoned and if they bear any truth Asher had best watch his back. Jake's siblings appear unhinged and there is also the mystery as to who murdered their Uncle Rick. Killian's fury was perfectly understandable and justified. The hypocrisy of his fellow students and the teachers at the school was nauseating to observe. I am cynical because I wonder if lip service is being paid at this point in time and in time the "novelty" will wear off, particularly if pressure is applied from parents with strong religious convictions or other right-wing nutters. A chapter of contrasts. An observation of the "human" at its most loathsome, its most subservient and its most provocative. Which will eventually emerge triumphant. Another chapter of examination of the "cast" under the microscope @Josh Aterovis. Very authentically written again.
  23. Summerabbacat

    The Séance

    I agree @chris191070. Gloria (Ms Thibodeaux) was well aware Samson and Troy were "not in character" when she caught them in a compromising position. At least they were still clothed. Had they not been she may have insisted she be allowed to stay and watch while they "finished each other off". Father Tabernacle and Mr Wordsworth are my prime suspects. Mrs Edwards appears to have been murdered so the will could not be found. I think they had the most to lose financially, particularly now that Phoebe, Nicholas' long-lost daughter has returned. It is likely with her return Nicholas may have made provision for her in his will, thereby potentially decreasing the money available for distribution to others. Many of the celebrities appear to be relishing their roles @ObicanDecko, none more so than Clementine aka Judy Green. I found her passion for holding the seance, Mrs Edwards appearance thereat and Tiffany aka Miss Maxwell's interviewing techniques highly amusing.
  24. Indoctrination with religious dogma can be very difficult to overcome and it sounds like Sandra's husband and pastor have both been very effective in manipulating and poisoning her mind with their claptrap. The emotional blackmail both have used has me seething with contempt for them. Thomas summed up my attitude towards these arseholes very succinctly with “Why can’t people just leave us the fuck alone?” Indeed young Thomas, a question for the ages. Roger's catharsis has begun with his breakdown in front of Sandra, his revelation of his fears to Thomas and his demonstration of vulnerability to both. I am hoping Sandra's husband is sent to prison for what he has done to Brendon. If Sandra is predominantly a homemaker then perhaps she can continue that role in the employ of Roger. There we go @empath, I have solved quite a few "problems" for the foursome with this suggestion. I like @Cane23 am enjoying the gradual revelations regarding Roger's life. I have assumed Eddie took him in as a "houseboy" (for want of a better term) and provided him with food, lodging and education in return for his "company". It certainly appears to have been an unequal relationship, at least to begin with. Another outstanding chapter @empath, the "beauty" of your writing in stark contrast to the events dealt with in this chapter.
  25. I will not be even the slightest bit upset if Jackie is found on a beach in the French Riviera or off the Amalfi coast as a ............ corpse. The only downside of her demise might be that it may hamper the police from clearing Ludo of any wrongdoing which by default will affect Damian. She really is a despicable partner and mother, not to a mention a criminal. If I was in Ludo's predicament I would not have bothered to store her clothes and belongings in the garage. I would have donated any of her belongings that could be used/sold by a charity or charities and dumped the rest. If Jackie ever returns alive and faces prison time I hope Ludo has NOTHING to do with her, and unless Damian wants to visit her I would not force him to have anything to do with her either. Treat her with the same contempt as she has treated them. Excellent writing as usual @Robert Hugill. Is there nothing to which you cannot turn your hand. You have led us into the world of fashion, the art world, the world of wealthy business people, the tradesman's world and now the world of embezzlement and financial shenanigans. Are you just well-researched or did you have some "inside information " into this world too?
×
×
  • Create New...