-
Posts
8,363 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
I had the same thought @Al Norris. What particularly worries me is "Some of his clothes were scattered on the ground." Another calm friendship-building chapter, but this time with a confronting conclusion. What is the fate of the crying boy? I almost smelt that salt-spray as Matt and Luke walked calmly along the beach @Mark Ponyboy Peters such is the power of your words.
-
May you live in interesting times
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in May you live in interesting times
This chapter has me wondering if the comments @Cane23 made on a previous chapter that Jackie's whole life since meeting Ludo and having a child has been a sham, a sham to cover up her wrongdoings, has more than an element of truth. What a c#$t she is. Is she perhaps a chubby chaser too @Robert Hugill or is Herr Huber's corpulence not something which drew her to him? If she is being used by him it will not surprise me if she turns up as a corpse somewhere. If she does at least Ludo won't have to divorce her or worry about her returning some day to make his and Damian's life unpleasant again. I don't know if the behaviour of the police in this chapter is typical behaviour but I was disgusted with the way they treated both Ludo and Damian. I guess it could have been worse, in the USA they would likely have shot both of them first before asking questions. I cannot imagineSgt June Ackland or Inspector Morse behaving like this, although I can imagine DS Dalziel behaving in such a fashion at least with Ludo. Very good writing @Robert Hugill. The police incensed me and if they ever find Jackie they should let Ludo and/or Damian throttle her without any repercussions. -
I have to wonder if Calvin will be able to endure Alan's pomposity on an ongoing basis.They should definitely get a 2 bedroom apartment or house otherwise they will be living on top of each other literally. Familiarity is nice for a time, but after some time it can breed contempt. And as much as we would like to believe it not to be the case, there can be a thing such as too much fucking. One cannot live on sex alone and a "relationship" built entirely on sex is likely to fail (says I who is sooooooo successful with relationships). Cohabiting will be an interesting observation @KKirk. Alan may become a pain in the arse literally.
-
Every time I read a chapter of this story @E K Stokes Rasputin by Boney M. starts looping in my head. They were critically maligned, but I was a teenager growing up in rural Australia when they first hit with Daddy Cool and loved them immediately. It did not surprise that Volkov was heavily involved in criminal activities. There appears to be a very blurred line between the legal and the illegal and the criminal and the non-criminal at many levels. I look forward to reading more works by you @E K Stokes.
-
Family Weekend pt. 5
Summerabbacat commented on Ticklishboy30's story chapter in Family Weekend pt. 5
👍👍👍👍👍👍 I am loving Chris' story and you are telling it beautifully @Ticklishboy30. I hope you reconsider his role in this story and he features more prominently, particularly if he is pregnant. Ev'lynn is certainly a character. It would be very unwise to "mess with Mamma". I guffawed at her explanation, one shot for each ball. Perhaps she needs a visit to Washington DC after November 5th. -
It appears Tiffany may have been miscast as Miss Maxwell, her detective skills more akin to those of Inspector Clouseau than Lieutenant Columbo. Some of the celebrities are revelling in their roles, particularly Gloria, Alana, Troy and Samson. There has been some spirited discussion already, with several accusations made and much denial. I have to wonder how difficult it will be for the celebrities to separate the person from the part they are playing, particularly those who are less popular e.g. Kelly. An intriguing start to this story @ObicanDecko.
-
Ain’t No Party Like a Murder Mystery Party
Summerabbacat commented on ObicanDecko's story chapter in Ain’t No Party Like a Murder Mystery Party
I am very literal @ObicanDecko and assumed from the synopsis that Nicholas Stone was murdered too as he is hosting the party. My bad. -
I have zero sympathy for Gilly. It is she who suggested she be Killian's beard. If I remember correctly, Killian has asked her on at least two occasions if she was comfortable maintaining this facade as she was not getting anything out of it other than Killian's friendship. She did not hesitate to respond positively, even acknowledging they could not be boyfriend and girlfriend in the true sense of the word. In this chapter she throws a hissy fit because her brother Todd blabbed to her that he caught Killian and her twin Jesse kissing; and, she had the audacity to commence outing Killian to all those present at the party. I like @VBlew think she is the likely culprit who smashed all of Killian's car windows. If I were Killian I would cease being her friend immediately, even if it is not she who damaged his car. She is not a friend, she is a spoilt, selfish, conniving millennial princess who does not deserve Killian's friendship. Asher and his brother Marcus went some way to making amends to Killian over their recent treatment of him. I liked the fact that both readily accepted Kane and included him in their celebration at the party and watched out for him when Killian was "visiting" with Batman. Speaking of Batman, I strongly suspect he is Seth's murderer. I believe Killian recognised the tone of Batman's voice being similar to that of Seth's murderer but has not realised this is as yet. I still wonder if it is Pastor Mike. Very suspenseful chapter @Josh Aterovis. If Batman is Seth's murderer it is an interesting reversal of the fictional character's moral compass, although there was, if I recall correctly, a hint he a darker side in the 1989 film version, the only one I have seen. Certainly the 1960's TV series never suggested anything other than that Bruce Wayne, and consequently Batman, was a man of integrity and truth.
-
Rogue accountants and supportive friends
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Rogue accountants and supportive friends
Is it another word commonly used in Northern England? -
Rogue accountants and supportive friends
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Rogue accountants and supportive friends
Implacable and inexorable Ralph. What a turn that must have been for Nolan. Woof! Spank me Daddy. “So, his feet won’t hang off the end”, she smiled. “And at weekends?” “My bed, if it doesn’t freak them out.” “And if it does?” “Rig something up in the office downstairs.” “Just do it.” “Share my bed?” “Yeah. They’ve already quizzed you about boyfriends. They’ll soon let you know if they’re not happy.” They both smiled at each other." You should have had a warning at the beginning of this chapter @Robert Hugill, something akin to "make sure you are seated when Therese makes an appearance as she will be very pleasant and sincere". Her response to Ralph was genuinely warm and dare I even think or say it, affectionate. Given Ralph's parents dislike of her and her "unsuitability" I should have realised there was at least something to like about her. Worritting. Never have I ever heard or read that word before. I assumed it was a rare spelling error for you @Robert Hugill, but alas it is a "real" word. -
I am the "odd man out" as I don't think Ben is at all interested in men. The historical comment he made that watching Tim and Guy kissing was "hot" was made, if I recall correctly, at a time when his only sexual outlet was his hand i.e. pre-Samantha. As a 17 year old his hormones were raging and out of control and sexual contact of any sort and with any number of participants would likely have made him horny. I could be wrong, maybe he would like to have a same sex experience or maybe a bisexual three-way with Samantha, or maybe she would like a bisexual three-way. Only @Mark Ponyboy Peters knows and he is not telling, well at least not yet. As for Ben's interest in Justin, perhaps Justin reminds him of someone else. All in all a very calm chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters with a little humour at Matt's expense e.g. how does Luke manage to restrain Matt's natural ebullience when restraint is warranted or preferred. Was this chapter the calm before a storm?
-
Chapter 10 - Forgiveness
Summerabbacat commented on Jeff Burton's story chapter in Chapter 10 - Forgiveness
Now that is a nickname for England that I have not heard for a long time @Gary L. It was 26°C in Sydney today, the first time for many days that I have not had a coat/jacket/hoodie on, albeit briefly. The long range weather forecast for summer here is not promising (for me anyway), with barely a day over 30°C and lower than usual humidity. -
Chapter 10 - Forgiveness
Summerabbacat commented on Jeff Burton's story chapter in Chapter 10 - Forgiveness
I was emotionally wrecked after reading the last two chapters today and had put off reading chapter 9 for several days because I was not in the right frame of mind to read of the end of the relationship between Nathan and Corey. Little did I know that was "mild" in comparison to Chris' accident. You Brits are made of sterling stuff @Gary L if you were able to withstand the emotional onslaught of five chapters. It must be that stiff upper lip and the bloody awful weather which strengthens your resolve. PS. I hope your review "threat" is persuasive and @Jeff Burton presents us with a positive outcome for Chris. -
Ain’t No Party Like a Murder Mystery Party
Summerabbacat commented on ObicanDecko's story chapter in Ain’t No Party Like a Murder Mystery Party
Well you are off to a rollicking start with this reunion @ObicanDecko. It may prove difficult to divorce oneself from the character of the guests and accept them for the characters they are portraying. Kelly does not appear to have changed since the original story. She is still a bitch. Her not so subtle put down of Tiffany was understood by all, apart from Tiffany it appears, although perhaps Tiffany is being the "bigger woman" and ignoring Kelly's comment. The guests, and staff in the case of Mr Olive, of Nicholas Fortescue are a motley crew, much like one would expect in a novel by Agatha Christie, Ngaio Marsh or Dorothy L Sayers. The real "intrigue" for me at this stage of proceedings is will the killer of Nicholas Stone and the killer of Nicholas Fortescue be one and the same? And what is the motive for the murder of Nicholas Stone? -
Chapter 10 - Forgiveness
Summerabbacat commented on Jeff Burton's story chapter in Chapter 10 - Forgiveness
I for one DO NOT want Chris' accident and its outcome steeped in reality. I don't care if it is unrealistic for him to awaken without having had any brain activity and is not brain damaged, or if he has some short term issues such as memory loss and loss of the power of speech. I just want him to awaken and return to his normal self, even if it takes some time. Nathan and Chris' father is a remarkable man. Nathan at least indirectly contributed to Chris' current crisis, yet his father has "forgiven" him. I am not sure I could be so forgiving. Corey is also very forgiving, far more than Nathan deserves. I struggled to finish reading this chapter, fearing at any moment Chris was going to die either of his own accord or his doctor(s) were going to recommend life support be switched off. The fact he is still alive gives me some hope he will awaken @Jeff Burton. If someone must die let it be one of the minor characters, one of the homophobes for example as no one will shed a tear over them (and I have just about run out of them of late).- 49 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
Chapter 9 - Sacrifice of Angels
Summerabbacat commented on Jeff Burton's story chapter in Chapter 9 - Sacrifice of Angels
😭😭😭😭😭😭 No, no, no @Jeff Burton, you cannot sacrifice Chris at the altar of Nathan's stupidity and selfishness. Nathan should feel guilty, very fucking guilty, even if Chris does survive he is going to need ongoing care I would envisage for some time. Nathan is as he accused himself of being, a complete fuck up and I have just about lost my patience with him. -
Family Weekend pt. 4
Summerabbacat commented on Ticklishboy30's story chapter in Family Weekend pt. 4
I am not sure which was more exciting to read, Brandon meeting his Potential New Boyfriend, Rhett, or Brandon meeting Dusty. I hope it is not too long before we readers learn more about Chris' life and the outcome of his trip to the medical centre @Ticklishboy30. I see great potential for that storyline, one which I do not think you should be "afraid" to explore. The chapter introducing Chris was very well written with Chris' situation sensitively portrayed. I had never seen the video for Dolly's song. It is a very 80's concept and Dolly's hair, most likely a wig, very reminiscent of the early 1980's. I remember the song as it was a reasonable hit for Dolly in Australia, something which up until that time, was relatively rare for Dolly. -
The courtroom scenes were very well written, well paced and very believable (for me at least). Such scenes are not usually something I find particularly entertaining (unless Holland Taylor is the presiding judge) so you "did good" @Lee Wilson. As usual the quirks of your characters are well written and not over-dramatised or explained in minute detail, which to me anyway, makes them just that little more intriguing.
-
"When I awoke in the morning the sun was well and truly up and light was streaming in through the open bedroom window. The birds were singing. And all I wanted to do was puke. The whole scene was just a little too, ummm . . . Meg Ryan . . . even for me!". Samantha's final thought illustrates the scene to which she awoke and her response thereto perfectly. A very amusing description @Mark Ponyboy Peters, in fact, I cannot recall anything more amusing and witty in this story to date. I was somewhat surprised by Samantha's insecurity. It is not as if she and Ben are a newly-minted couple. She has always oozed confidence and commonsense, but I guess even the most confident of humans is entitled to a little self-doubt at times. "I can’t believe you’re taking their side,’ I snapped at him. ‘I’m not taking anyone’s side here, Sam. I trust Tim. And I trust Ben. If anything, I’d say that Tim is just being a friend.’ ‘Jesus. Trust you lot to stick together!’ ‘Sam!’ Tim exclaimed. ‘That wasn’t fair!’ He was right of course. And I suddenly felt sooooo small." Samantha at least had the courage to admit to herself that she was behaving irrationally. She is without a doubt a good match for Ben. A most enjoyable chapter again @Mark Ponyboy Peters with resolution of a potential problem swift due to good communication and collaboration between the family members.
-
And this is why I abhor this traditional practice @Cane23. This is truly grotesque and makes me feel equally sad and enraged. As I age I am finding it increasingly difficult to even sit next to people when they are eating meat and its not just because of the smell, which invariably makes me feel nauseous.
-
The traditional practice or the sexual practice @Tony R?
-
“Nothing too contentious. Can't have the senior management bombarded with email from those GC harridans–” A brilliant description from Marmaduke, one which greatly appealed to my sense of humour and represents my opinion on this issue @northie. I cannot understand or appreciate what would motivate anyone to change their gender, but my lack of understanding or appreciation is irrelevant. If a person is motivated to change their gender or live as a gender other than their gender at birth, it affects me nought. Given this, why would I presume to judge them, deny their right to live as they wish or ridicule those who are compelled to transition. Those who criticise, demean or espouse hate of transgender persons, bewilder and often infuriate me with their "reasoning" for doing so. The "GC harridans" made me think of one of the most outspoken GC harridans, a woman born in my homeland of Australia who has lived for many years in the UK, at least partially because of her animosity towards Australia. All I can say is our gain is the UK's loss. Nasty, spiteful, self-centred, egotistical, arrogant, alleged "intellectual" troll. A thoroughly enjoyable story @northie, perhaps not as quintessentially English as your other stories which I have read (apart from the horrible weather, LOL), although the droll sense of humour, which always appeals to me, was ever present. Your "leading man" was a delightful and believable mix of fun, joie de vivre, angst and passion for justice and equality. Your description of his parents, particularly your physical description of his father, enabled me to have a very vivid image of him. Both his parents were like petulant children, in fact his mother's petulance seemed to increase the further he embraced adulthood. I had an image of her pouting and stamping her feet when she did not get her own way.
-
You are a very naughty boy @Cane23. Although I abhor the traditional practice of spit-roasting, I can certainly see the appeal of, and the benefit for, Ludo being spit-roasted by DS Marcus and Arthur. Given Ludo's relative experience I recommend he be well marinated before DS Marcus "enters the equation" though. Let us hope DS Marcus is not a completely homebody but is one who enjoys eating out, even if only on special occasions.
- 17 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
My contempt for Jackie grows with each passing chapter. She is a selfish bitch who has placed Ludo and by default Damian in a difficult situation by scarpering when the shit was about to hit the fan. If she does not end up dead or free from extradition in Brazil, I hope the police find her and she is extradited and made pay for her crimes. I would love to see the look on her face after both Ludo and even moreso Damian spit in it. There has to be more to her crimes than just embezzlement though. I still think she might be involved in sex-trafficking or something similar. A chapter which I suspect is a "teaser" for what is to come @Robert Hugill. Jackie is up to her neck in whatever it is she was involved in. I have no sympathy for the conniving bitch. And just what was in DS Marcus' trousers? Was it his police truncheon or was he just happy to meet Ludo? And will we see a reappearance of Lesley and get an introduction to Dot? If so, perhaps Miriam can accompany them and say something completely inappropriate at the most awkward of times. She would definitely not baulk at commenting on DC Marcus' apparent largesse. LOL.
- 17 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Todd is the obvious choice, but for that reason alone I don't think it is him. If one assumes it is a character whom we have been introduced to to date then I am at a loss as to who it could be. Seth already knew Asher, Zack and Jesse, and Marcus was in his art class. It could be Jake as Jake admitted he does not mix much at school so Seth may not have had the opportunity to meet him before. I don't know what Jake's motive for murdering Seth would be though. Riveting @Josh Aterovis.
