Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,382
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Like several of my fellow readers I found Nate's observation that Danny's stepfather is creepy concerning. I strongly suspect Danny's mother is oblivious and unless he does something unlawful, it is probably better for all concerned that she remains so. Frank may suspect Jake as having damaged his precious red Valiant, but would he be stupid enough to do something in retaliation? Only the Ponyboy knows (and those who have read the story before and can recall if such retaliation takes place). I too am counting on Sergeant Bailey's apathy to investigate anything requiring even a modicum of paperwork to enforce the law, to ensure the damage to Frank's car remains a mystery. Sergeant Frank Gilroy he ain't. I too was disappointed that only Frank's car was damaged, but realistically what could Lachlan have done to physically harm Frank without being caught. Danny's dummy spit to his mother was understandable and he did express remorse. It appears she recognises Danny is "drawing away" from her and his family as he continues to mature and understandably she is not happy about this. And Danny's burgeoning appreciation for the beauty of youth and the beauty of nature, a gift given by Jake. The white Datsun station wagon and the Victa lawn mower; symbols of our youth in the 1970's @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  2. There may be many things Danny's Mum wants to discuss with him, but I sense it may be his "relationship" with Jake. The old cliche "a mother always knows" may be about to be revealed. I presume Danny's sibling(s) are half-siblings and I believe his mother may know he feels like an "outsider" in his family and may want to reassure him he will always be her "little Danny", regardless of the direction his life takes. I still wonder if his father, if known, may also have been gay. Nate may be a little naive at times but I think he is at least beginning to suspect there is more than friendship between Danny and Jake. As I have pondered before, I don't think it will make an iota of difference to him. The "L" word came easily to the lips of both Danny and Jake. Danny's comment that Jake was beautiful brought to mind the beautiful soul classic 'Lovin' You' by Minnie Riperton, which was rather appropriate as it was a substantial hit in 1975, even in Australia. A beautiful chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I sense the next chapter is going to be a real tearjerker. I don't think Danny's mother is going to chide him for anything.
  3. Indeed @Gary L. A wonderful song akin to Rhiannon.
  4. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    A good example of why retrospective abortion should be "a thing".
  5. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    I did not intentionally quote myself, I just wanted to continue the same thread of conversation without editing for the umpteenth time. I did notice the vegetarian options at the BBQ and was very impressed. Although it was held at Andre, Chris and Ollie's home, the catering was largely Carol so the following comment is relevant to the BBQ. Lachlan has come full circle, specifically welcoming his gay and lesbian employees AND their partners, and now vegetarians too. A conservative party supporter's worst nightmare, poofs, dykes and bloody vegetarians, and even worse bloody gay vegetarians. I did notice recently Arnotts are now manufacturing kosher Tim Tams.
  6. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    Thank you @Paladin. The more I thought about my comments, the more it disturbed me as to why Ruby has deliberately frightened her mother that Toby could be taken from her if she were to seek any financial assistance for his care. She is a truly horrible person who has not only harmed and deprived her mother but also her nephew.
  7. He is 79 and loaded. I doubt he lacks "company" when desired.
  8. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    That has a nice ring to it @Paladin for the name of a UK police show or comedy duo. Dalziel & Pascoe, Rosemary & Thyme, French & Saunders, Morecambe & Wise, Trouble & Tears.
  9. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    May I suggest a visit to Cell Block H in Wentworth Detention Centre or a very severe dose of the clap or 24 hours of non-stop Adele, Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry and Ariana Grande featuring Beyonce and Jiggy Butt Ho or all of the aforementioned. Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh.
  10. He is long separated from his second wife to whom he was married for 41 years, so he is most likely straight. I do like to watch. Have you not noticed me occasionally reference some of the porn stars of the mid to late 1980's and some of the young internet-based porn stars?
  11. We could treat it as an "intervention", a race to save Ralph's sanity. By the time I arrived I would not even get "sloppy seconds", travelling all the way from Australia. For you @Tris it would be like "coming home". Bjorn loves London, perhaps you could pick him up on the way.
  12. Ralph needs to chill. Perhaps a good hard fucking from Nolan will make him see sense and realise it is nobody else's business but his and Nolan's if they are fuck buddies or in a relationship. And as much as I like the twins, he needs to give them a talking too and tell them to zip their lips and not talk about his private life to their friends. He also needs to deliver the age-old message to the twins that I am sure most readers heard as children "money does not grow on trees". A fun chapter @Robert Hugill, but please organise an emergency fucking for Ralph before his brain does him harm. He is thinking waaaaaayyyyyyy too much about the "concept" of being gay and what it will mean in his life. I do believe once Nolan has "broken the seal" Ralph will be insatiable. Let's hope Nolan has plenty of stamina and juice and that he survives their first fuck. The flood gates will be released and Nolan may "drown", just like Sara, drowning in the sea of love, where everyone would love to drown.
  13. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 10

    A very fulfilling chapter for Calvin and readers alike @KKirk. I suspect Dillon the dildo is going to receive regular workouts initiated by both Alan and Calvin. If Alan is completely straight then I am Brad Pitt. For someone who professes this Alan seems to derive a great deal of pleasure for not only himself but also for Calvin from male to male sex.
  14. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    Permanently I hope.
  15. So Thommo has apparently been bragging about how he "bashed up a poofter". Let's see him smile after Lachlan has finished with him and Snoz. Snoz is likely stupid with very low self-esteem and just follows Thommo because he thinks Thommo is cool. A poor man's B1 and B2 @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Thomas' loose lips may get Danny and/or Nate and/or Jake into trouble if someone does not seal them. If I recall correctly he is the "overweight" friend. Perhaps Danny and Nate need to stuff a pie or twenty in his cakehole to shut him up. I had to laugh at Nate's comment "Oh, man. I’m gonna have to see that again! How awesome was that shark? Do you think it was a real one?’ Nate asked as they found their bikes and climbed on. ‘You don’t think they could train a shark to do all that, do you . . . you know, like they do with Flipper on TV?". Did he really think it was a real shark. It was so obviously a fake, although I have to admit it was a damn good fake. I remember seeing Jaws at the cinema. I would have been 11 years of age and spent a lot of time at the beach so it was somewhat scary. And the final scene in the van @Mark Ponyboy Peters. You write these "love" scenes with such restraint, with the merest hint of afternoon delight. Rod Stewart's Tonight's The Night was released the following year. It could well have described what may take place in Jake's caravan over the course of the evening. Let's just hope Danny coos a little more successfully than Britt.
  16. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    I forgot to "tease" and say I thought the appearance of the Tim Tams was very apropos on this occasion @Paladin. It must have been difficult and daunting for Debbie to visit Chris and Andre, two men whom she has never met before, to discuss such a sad situation. Comfort food was certainly warranted.
  17. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    Shit attract flies @Mancunian so Ruby should be covered in them.
  18. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    Ruby is manipulative and controlling, her treatment of her mother particularly appalling. I cannot envisage why she has deliberately deprived her mother of financial assistance to care for Toby. She is less than a cheap tarnished trinket in a porn shop. I assume it is likely Ruby who has used Crackhouse Chrissie's debit and credit cards since her death. Hopefully it won't be long before she is "doing time" like her friend Jeff. Debbie seems like a kindly caring woman. Whatever did she do to deserve two daughters like CC and Ruby, the latter of whom appears to be far worse than her sister, and a son who walked out and abandoned his son. Her son should be paying child support for Toby. Apart from Debbie and Toby, what a horrid family. Ollie clearly inherited the "goodness and kindness" gene from his father, although Nona Debbie may have passed on some too. His compassion and generosity towards Toby did not go unnoticed by Chris and Andre. A very surprising chapter @Paladin. I was glad to be proven completely wrong in my speculation about Debbie, but not so to have it revealed Ruby is even more hateful than I thought. She is toxic and needs to be "neutralised" as soon as possible. Perhaps she can be taken by a shark at Terrigal beach, or liquified on the M1 by an out-of-control semi-trailer, or maybe Prentiss or Ned might visit and use their ka to explode her organs within one at a time. I am sure @Lee Wilson would be more than happy for them to lend a hand.
  19. "The day before my prophesied death, I gave my remaining one-hundred-twenty-four million to the American Cancer Society and the ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). Cancer was nearly eradicated, and I hoped the additional eighty million would put humanity over the top. Forty-four million would save a lot of animals." Way to go Prentiss. That $44 million could not have been better spent. Not at all my usual genre of story I like, but in your capable hands it was zeyer amiuzing aun farveylerishe @Lee Wilson.
  20. This story did not grab me immediately like @Robert Hugill's other works published on GA. It was somewhat of a slow burner, but by the story's end I was glad I had invested my time in reading it. I did not much care for one of the two protagonists to begin with, but he "grew" on me as the story unfolded. As is invariably the case with a work by Robert, some of the minor characters were larger than life and very entertaining and/or amusing. Humour abounded and a little drama here and there kept the mix interesting. A trip into the Hugillverse, once again a 5 star experience.
  21. Marvellous work again @Robert Hugill. You managed to make shallow people at least marginally likeable and perhaps a little interesting, except for Suki whom I despised from the outset, with her final appearance one which confirmed what I always thought of her, a backstabbing, sycophantic, narcissistic bitch. There were many interesting and likeable minor characters as is your wont. Amanda, Bill, Mae, Greg, Len, Donna McKee and of course Mother and Gran, but Dante and Vaughan shone above and beyond. I did not like Vaughan much for the first few chapters, I thought he was going to be a pretentious twat, but he proved to be so much more than a stereotype. And Dante, a gem from the outset. Your usual wry humour and the occasional colloquialism proved once again what a talent you possess and we readers are fortunate to be treated to it yet again.
  22. Reading this chapter was like listening to the Stones classic Sympathy For The Devil. If only it were so easy to remove such menaces to world safety. The two recent failed attempts were clearly not the work of Megrezians @Lee Wilson. I think my ka short-circuited reading this chapter. Luckily I am listening to Arrival by ABBA or I may have been a mass of blurp on the dining table chair or the floor. Once again Agnetha's and Frida's extraordinary vocal talents were enough to rescue me from certain zlonq or at least xagutarna. Your imagination ran riot in this chapter @Lee Wilson. Maybe its the peanuts. Whatever the source, it is keeping we readers totally gliklekh (this one I did not make up, it is Yiddish).
  23. Call Gloria @Paladin. We all know she can and will help. After all, she Never Can Say Goodbye either. She is a regular little Honey Bee.
  24. Thommo aka Frank Thompson and Dumfuck aka Snoz aka the blonde streak of seagull shit with the Jimmy Durante nose are "known", and by all reports their reputations indicate they are not worthy of admiration. I look forward to the havoc Lachlan is hopefully going to unleash on them. I'd suggest the red Valiant (not a cliched purple one @Mark Ponyboy Peters?) may suffer at least a partial indignity, something which either cannot be fixed or will be very costly to fix. I hope the retribution is not restricted to Thommo's car though, both he and Snoz deserve so much more, public humiliation as a bare minimum. Thommo's reputation as a bully who has perhaps raped before may also be useful to Lachlan in devising a plan of attack. I too was surprised by the courage Danny displayed in asking Lachlan if he had any "grass" to help alleviate Jake's physical pain. He may only be 16, but he appears remarkably mature and resolute. It is very apparent his feelings for Jake are far deeper than one would perhaps expect from someone his age. I think Nate is becoming aware of this too and thus far it appears about as important to him as the colour of Danny's hair or his eyes. What a wonderful friend he is to Danny and now to Jake. After the horror of the last chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters this one was quite heartwarming. I imagine Lachlan may suspect Jake is gay and may have an inkling Danny could be too. Even so, such things are not important to him, like his brother Nate he hates bullies and has a strong sense of justice.
×
×
  • Create New...