Jump to content

Jean87

Poet
  • Posts

    207
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jean87

  1. loved the book can't wait for the next book. Well worth the read well written. Killian is a well-rounded character he does have his moments of being self-absorbed with his job and forgets true priorities. But still a really caring character.
      • 2
      • Love
  2. Jean87

    Beard

    I think will should just hire someone to break Kendo's pretty face no pretty face no job no job no way for Kendo to be on a movie set.
  3. Jean87

    Beard

    Travis won't listen to Marie at all if he won't listen to the man, he says he loves then he won't listen to just a friend. And that is the best thing that would happen. The worst would be that Travis starts to resent Will because he thinks that Will is just being too jealous. I think Travis might have to learn it the hard way.
  4. Jean87

    Dear God

    Dear God By Brandon Haines Dear God, I didn’t come with polished words tonight. Just the ones that survived the day. The ones that tremble a little when I try to speak them out loud. You know the cracks I carry. You know the ones I hide. You know the places in my heart that I pretend are mended, but they are still broken — not because You haven’t touched them, but because they were so shattered they need more time to me
  5. Jean87

    Chapter 29

    @Josh AterovisWow What a Great Chapter. it is like reading a truly talented Author book. Almost to the quality of Jane Austin Pride and Prejudice.
  6. Jean87

    Chapter 28

    @Josh AterovisWhat A Great Chapter!!!!! man your writing is getting better and better from the first Book to this one.
  7. Paint Me the Life Where She Stayed By Brandon Haines If you could take this aching memory and stretch it across a canvas, would you paint the life I longed for- the one where she stayed whole? Start with a morning without fear, where her breath came easy, where her laughter fills the kitchen instead of the quiet hum of worry. Give her a body that never betrayed her, hands steady enough to hold all the years we were meant to share.
  8. Jean87

    By Pure Mercy

    By Pure Mercy By Brandon Haines Sometimes the road feels endless… like I’ve walked a thousand miles… trying to find the place my soul can rest… and all I can breathe out is… “Lord, I’m tapped out.” Sometimes the storms inside me rage louder than the ones around me. I’ve wrestled with myself… with the shadows of my own ugly sin, with the parts of me… that I wish I could bury… and all that’s left in me whispers… “Lord I’m tapped out.” I’ve w
  9. Jean87

    Chapter 13

    Why did everyone assume I was careless? hmmm lets count the way you can be careless 1 you haven nearly gotten killed twice in book one granted those were not from you being careless 2 you nearly got Asher and yourself killed in book 3. 3 you contaminated a home after breaking and entering and if the guards had not been killed they would have killed you with bloody shoe prints and throw up must I go on because I am sure I can think of more ways.
  10. In the Quiet Places of My Devotion By Brandon Haines You steady me, Lord, in the quiet places where my fears once gathered, in the corners of my heart I used to keep locked. You whisper, “I am your refuge,” and something inside me finally exhales. The lines of my life fall softer now, not sharp like they used to be, not cutting, not wild — but drawn by a hand that knows me better than I have ever known myself. You are the cup I hold with trembling fingers
  11. Jean87

    Chapter 8

    Why just last week he got so upset when I went shopping that he ate the neighbors' cat. is the dogs name Hannibal Lecter?
  12. When Grace First Called My Name By Brandon Haines I don’t remember the exact moment grace first called my name… not the hour, not the breath, not the crack in the sky where light slipped through. But I remember the feeling. The way the air shifted. The way my heart paused, like it recognized a voice… it had been aching to hear. It wasn’t thunder. It wasn’t fire. It wasn’t the kind of miracle that splits oceans or
  13. Redemption Wrote My Name By Brandon Haines There was a time when I walked like a man carrying tombstones in his chest, breathing in the ache of everything life ever stole… But Heaven broke through my midnight mind… with a whisper that felt like thunder: “You are mine.” And suddenly the past that once chained me began to loosen its grip. The wounds that once named me… began to lose their voice. For grace stepped in with red letter mercy…
  14. The Child Who Wanted Down By: Brandon J. Haines I was like a child being held by a parent... safe, supported, carried... but too stubborn to stay in their arms. I kept trying to get down. Kept insisting I could stand on my own. Kept wriggling out of His grip that was actually saving me. Even after the storm of Jonathan’s death cracked me open, even after God held me through the suddenness of it, I went right back to passive faith
  15. Jean87

    Chapter 29

    @Josh Aterovis great chapter. I squared my shoulders and lifted my chin. "Well, it's been a good life. Let's go face the firing squad." She chuckled and slipped her arm through mine. "Any last requests?" If I was Killian I would say yeah hide me.
  16. Jean87

    Chapter 26

    @Josh Aterovis great chapter. the way you wrote the Detective Owens character makes me want to just get some frustration out on his ribcage lol. jk. Anyways the lack of any help from Det. Owens makes me think that FB has him in his pocket or he does not like homosexual Escorts or both. Also Det. Owens actions make me think that he hates the fact that a wet behind the ear pi wannabe was able to do more to solve a murder than a veteran Detective
  17. Jean87

    Chapter 7

    @Josh Aterovisgreat chapter. I have some mixed feelings about Kill reaction to Micah. On one side I can understand Kill's reaction to finding out Micah past in DC but at the same time if Kill love's Micah he should not to so pigheaded about Micah past I mean granted it was in self-defense, but Kill had used a gun and murdered someone you don't see Micah reacting like Kill is over him killing someone granted it was self-defense. but still taking a life.
  18. Jean87

    Chapter 1

    @Josh AterovisThat was a really good chapter. That wasn't the answer I was looking it might not have been the answer you were looking for but it's the honest
  19. Before my Hosanna moment unfolded, a storm rose against me… not one that came to test a man… but one that came to destroy him… The storm struck at the places that it thought it was the weakest... the places where love runs the deepest… Losing my brother was a blow, losing my mom was another, each one aimed at the core of who I am… because family is woven into my very ability to stand. The enemy thought if it hit me there, I would never rise again. But even there… especially t
  20. Jean87

    Chapter 20

    @Topher Lydonthat was a really good book. But somethings need fixing about the history. in 1882 the year that Elias Sawyer and Theo Harding story takes place. Colorado was not a Territory any longer it was a state so either you need to change year or take out Territory from Colorado because it stopped being a Territory on August 1, 1876, the date that Colorado entered the Union as the 38th state.
  21. Jean87

    Chapter 14

    you are right she is not evil at all. She is a product of her time. but at the same time a little unconventional because a woman at that time that thought any type of scandal is horrible would not of talked back like that to her husband. so I really don't think it has to do with scandal of having a gay son it is the moral outlook on the family. and maybe even the scandal of class it is the story of lady and the tramp just in human form and instead of lady it is a guy. Not saying that Theo is a tramp but in the eyes of Mrs. Swayer who only really cared about what everyone else thinks about it, he is much less than.
  22. Jean87

    Chapter 23

    @kboisthat was a great chapter I would say the best out of all chapters in the three-book series if it was rated 1 out of 10, I would say this chapter was a solid 10+ out of 10.
  23. Jean87

    Chapter 25

    you're welcome for that quick music history. and to answer yes I am truly enjoying this book. I hate that Kage was killed but when the Boss said that Elijah's has not met his mate yet. Then it makes sense that Kage had to be killed off. And I love the song I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, that Kage started to sing to Elijah after they made love. I find that song has a multi layered meaning behind it. Because like Kage sang it as a romantic love song, it also could be used as a song that a kid thinks about when they think of times with their parent who is sick. or a parent thinking about times watching their child sleep or just play around. You do have a great sense of how to write tender moments and how to write moments where the reader just wants to climb in the book and just beat the person up.
  24. Jean87

    Chapter 25

    @kbois fyi John Scofield only had an instrumental called "That's What I Say" on a 2005 tribute album to Ray Charles who was the one who sang Hit The Road Jack in 1961. which became one of his signature songs that he is well known for.
  25. Jean87

    Spirit Wolves

    This book is a really good read well worth the time it took me to read it. This book is a well written book that has very well-placed twists and turns that will keep you entertained.
×
×
  • Create New...