-
Posts
207 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Jean87
-
Chapter 173 A Hard Act to Follow
Jean87 commented on Dodger's story chapter in Chapter 173 A Hard Act to Follow
I don't think it's the worst in him at all remember he's only 16 and the frontal lobe of the brain is the part that controls emotions and it does not fully develop until around your mid-twenties for some and others its late twenties or early 30's before its fully developed -
The Night When the Rescue Started By Brandon Haines I didn’t walk into that night — I was shoved into it. Heart trembling, Breath broken, mind spinning like a loose wheel on black ice. I wasn’t brave. I wasn’t strong. I wasn’t holding it together. I broke free from the lie I’d been living and let the truth fall out of me like shattered glass: “I’m not okay. I’m barely here.” No mask. No pride. Just a
-
I am glad that you have/had a close relationship with your dad.
-
Open my heart, Lord by Brandon J. Haines Open my heart, Lord… so I can know Your love… with a humble spirit. Open my heart, Lord… so I can see Heaven when it’s my time— not because I deserve it, but because You are merciful. Open my heart, Lord… so I can see You— with the eyes You awaken in me. Not with earthly sight, but with the vision that comes from a heart made pure by Your mercy. Not because I am worthy, but becaus
-
Open my heart, Lord by Brandon J. Haines Open my heart, Lord… so I can know Your love… with a humble spirit. Open my heart, Lord… so I can see Heaven when it’s my time— not because I deserve it, but because You are merciful. Open my heart, Lord… so I can see You— with the eyes You awaken in me. Not with earthly sight, but with the vision that comes from a heart made pure by Your mercy. Not because I am worthy, but because You choose to reveal wha
-
Hear My Cries See My Trust O Lord By Brandon Haines I come to You early— before the noise rises… before my thoughts scatter. You know what I’m carrying even when I can’t clearly name it. So, hear what I say… and know what I don't know how to say yet, Lord. Some days the world feels tilted— truth stretched thin, motives twisted, people choosing darkness over goodness. Walk me through it. Help me make my steps honest
-
The Night When the Rescue Started By Brandon Haines I didn’t walk into that night — I was shoved into it. Heart shaking, breath broken, mind spinning like a loose wheel on black ice. I wasn’t brave. I wasn’t strong. I wasn’t holding it together. I broke free from the lie I’d been living and let the truth fall out of me like shattered glass: “I’m not okay. I’m barely here.” No mask. No pride. Just a man on the floor
-
God's Heart Breaks for the Living
Jean87 commented on Jean87's story chapter in God's Heart Breaks for the Living
first to answer your question of whether I have thought of formatting my poetry other ways and the simple answer is no. The reason why is my faith is what has gotten me through all the downs that I have had in my life. and the reason for the pauses is because when I read it, it sounded better where the pauses are and also I took a few ideas of a few songs that I love and I reflected on them and that was the first time I did that so that maybe why it was not as perfect as a seasoned poet would be able to do. and to address your last part you did not overstep at all. and as long as it is done in a kind way I love questions that make me think and better my craft. Thank you for your comments and questions/feedback as well. -
Veil Split, Light Wakes By Brandon Haines They stitched the veil thick to keep holiness at a distance. A warning woven in every thread: “Come no closer.” But mercy doesn’t wait for permission. It walks in, bleeds out, and tears down what fear built. The priests kept their rituals. The crowd kept their mockery. The soldier kept his silence— until the sky cracked and the earth groaned and the Lamb spoke, “It is finished.” And now— not someday, not after I clean up, n
-
Veil Split, Voice Heard By Brandon Haines They stitched the veil thick to keep holiness at a distance. A warning woven in every thread: “Come no closer.” But mercy doesn’t wait for permission. It walks in, bleeds out, and tears down what fear built. The priests kept their rituals. The crowd kept their mockery. The soldier kept his silence— until the sky cracked and the earth groaned and the Lamb spoke, “It is finished.” AND NOW— not someday, not after I cl
-
The Light that Lit the Holy Night, By Brandon Haines Lord, on this holy night, when the world slows down, the lights glow soft against the dark, I come to You with gratitude and ache, with memories that warm me and memories that still sting. Thank You for the Child in the manger, the Promise wrapped in humility, the Light that stepped into our shadows so none of us would walk alone. Thank You for the family still beside me, for the ones who carry my mother’s gentleness, for t
-
Baptized in the Fount of Mercy January 5, 2025 – Ferndale Alliance Church By Brandon Haines I stepped into the water not just to be cleansed, but to be claimed— by the One who held me through hospital nights, through silent prayers, through the ache of watching love fade but never disappear. The fount was not cold. It was warm with memory— my mother’s voice echoing in grace, my brother’s laughter swirling in spirit. They were there. Not in body, but
-
I have to wait until I have used the new updated software before I can give my humble opinion. But from what I have seen I like what I see but I have to wait to give my honest opinion on it. I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday season
-
@Bill Wgreat book I give it a rating of 10/10 five star well worth the read
-
Path Forward By Brandon Haines I went down to the river not to wash away sin, but to remember who held me when the doctor came in. The news was cold, but mercy was warm. I didn’t sing— I whispered, and He still heard. You climbed higher than my arms could reach, carried by grace and the breath of God. I stayed in the valley, with sore throat, ribs, and silence, but I saw your shadow on the mountain’s edge— not fading, just rising. They say rest is
-
Thank you it was very hard to find out she passed.
-
Mercy Came Before the Fire By Brandon Haines It was 5:30 in the morning. when the furnace sparked its final breath, wires whispering heat into flame— but her spirit had already been lifted. No foul play. No suffering. Just a quiet release, a heart that chose heaven before the fire could speak. The detective called with facts, but we heard something deeper— a mercy that moved faster than flame, a grace that stood guard before grief could arrive. She w
-
@Mark ArbourThat was a great chapter. George has way more patients than I do. I think I would have lost it with those two nincompoops of the Cabinet.
-
God’s Heart Breaks for the Living By: Brandon Haines He took her gently, not in thunder, but in mercy. No more pain. No more wires. Just grace. And I stood there, eyes dry, until the silence cracked. Because God only cries for the living— for the ones left to carry the ache. I believe in signs now. In feathers on the porch. In dreams that feel like visits. In the way her voice still hums in my chest when I pray. But I’
-
thank you Mark
-
well if Lord Rugby posted to being an ambassador I am sure that he will ask Granger to take him. @Mark Arbour that was a good chapter.
-
@Mark Arbourthat was a great chapter. I so needed that. I got so hard news from my cousin yesterday. my Aunt, was killed yesterday.
-
Not Yet, But One Day Even though I am not ready to go, I look forward to the embrace— The arms of the One who held me Through the heartache of the Unknown, The sleepless nights, The stillness of the Silent of loss. He was there When I couldn’t speak. He stayed When I couldn’t sleep. He listened When all I had was tears. And a heart shredded by grief. And one day— Not now, Not yet— I will run to Him. I will embrace Him first, Then sink to my knees. Because in fr
-
Jesus Searched and He Found Me By Brandon Haines Jesus left the ninety-nine to search for me- Not because I didn’t Believe Becausse I did and still do Believe That God is Real- and that Christ is The Only Way to the Father. But because I was in Extreme Danger From wandering too close to the Alluring Falsehoods of the Fence- Jesus came searching for me and He found me before I was consumed by the Wolf. I may not be t
