-
Posts
953 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Vcs
-
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Thank you @dboggs9700. As for the horse, if you think back to the chapter where Mannly and Jo have the Porch Swing Conversation, Jo tells him something to the effect that no one comes to Two Spirits and doesn't 'hitch their horse and stay'. It was back then that Little Man first thought of needing a horse. -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
It was absolutely 100% hay fever. LOL -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
I have to agree @Charles26, death is not to be taken lightly, but like you said, the ranch will be that much safer. It's astounding to think about the degree of hate that leads those of such ill thought to even consider taking another life simply because they appear or live differently. SMH -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
In all honesty, I've caught myself doing the same but was lucky enough to catch it and was able to go back and edit. No worries @Summerabbacat, you're worth your weight in gold. I suspect we'll learn more about at least some of that bunch later down the line. -
Continued... Taking Jake in their arms, Kahlid whispered, “We are proud of you, our Son of Heart.” As Kahlid stepped back, Jaciah looked into Jake's eyes as he said, “He has returned home to you. Hold him safe.” Then both men gave Jake one last hug before turning and leaving the room. Once alone, Jake asked, “I’m so very relieved you’re back. If I may ask, what do you remember, Mannly?” ---------- “I... I, uhm, don’t know. I mean, I remember sitting on an old tree stump
-
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Thank you, thank you! Still hard to believe. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
True on both counts. It's what I call: ignorance by choice. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
It was interesting doing research on albinism and Native American attitudes towards such, @Summerabbacat. I did find what you spoke of in some cultures, which is reprehensible. It's sad that so often some fear what they don't understand or are different rather than educate themselves. Kidd's character has felt 'etheareal' from the beginning, so the choice of Moon Child seemed natural -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Wise, learned, compassionate men practiced in the ways of tending injured souls. They understand his struggles and insecurities. I love their recognition of Mannly being their youngest warrior and awareness that he needed to know his home was already established. Young Eagle Feather won't be the only one to grow stronger under their guidance @sandeman. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Rightfully so @Doha. His most recent experience should will hopefully show him the wisdom in staying put, and with the care received along with everyone's concern will help him feel more secure in the ranch house. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
I'm with you @drsawzall. Sometimes one needs to break before they can heal and he did break out there on the gravel. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
A young man of many names and far too many bad experiences. In his unconsciousness his memory of those close to him seemed to teeter on the edge but he did recognize Jake , Khalid,, Jaciah, and the good doctor..I have to believe his memory will improve. Maybe there's something else holding it back? -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Indeed it does @dboggs9700. The Long feathers can help no doubt but they need someone from the outside who's not involved. Hmmm, another character. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Okay, I'll admit to chuckling when writing ripe. It did seem to fit, especially when thinking of how y'all described the mystery smell, which has become stuck in my mind. 🤮 So, he was shot? Wait, she then married him? What a mess that family was! -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Thank you kindly, @Summerabbacat. Hot silver daddies, huh? 😉 I've found sensory memories, smell in particular, to be so incredibly jarring. It can often feel as if one is consumed by the experience. Perhaps his heightened emotions, with staying conscious and in control, and/or who knows what? Seems he was ripe to remember the assault, though. Was it one, both, or someone else? Whichever, it appears they're not very competent shots if Mannly was the intended target. Having never seen the show, I have to ask, who did shoot JR? Did it end up being a dream? The dream theory is what I heard. Funny, Wednesday to Sunday does feel like waiting for the next season. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
That line, @Wiyot, was almost the last line of the previous chapter, but it felt too cruel to end on that. -
Continued... Rising slowly, he stumbled and yelled, “NO! NO! NO! GO AWAY. GET. THE. FUCK. AWAY. FROM ME!” The piercing pain abated, but his vision blurred. So overcome with fear, his head started to spin again, and his stomach lurched. Shit! Oh man, now is not the time for this. ---------- Swaying, he reached out to grab hold of the tree stump he’d been leaning against, but it wasn’t there. “Where the hell did it go?” Shaking his head, he whispered, almost pleading, “No, no, no, n
- 28 comments
-
- 21
-
-
-
-
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
I agree @sandeman, Jake is wise While panicked by the thought of not being on the spot to protect, he must know Mannly still has struggles ahead. Meanwhile, young Mannly is so eager to get back what's lost he's grown impatient which is understandable. Ah, the eagle... -
Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 30 ~ Finding His Place ~
Not so subtle, huh, @Doha? I was imagining Jake's expression as that sentence was written. -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Rest easy @Summerabbacat, we're all pulling for you 🤗 -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
You're good @VBlew, a mediator is definitely in order. Emotions, insecurities, and egos are a dangerous combination for relationships. -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
The one word idea - brilliant! Thank you -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Right with you on the garbage society claims that make a man. WTF??? I believe it takes a REAL MAN to cry, admit pain, let his daughter or son paint his nails, etc. Ah, okay, Dr. MacLarroy's clinic—Little Man was taken the morning after Jake found him at the north gate. He had to wait because Dr. Mac was out of town and rushed back to treat his new patient. When Kidd was assaulted in the playroom, he was taken by ambulance from the ranch with Bass and Doc following. Kidd was attended to in Dr. Mac's surgical suite because of what the perp tried to do to him. Fortunately, the plug had a lock, so he wasn't able to get it out; however, there was a little damage requiring treatment and then at least four weeks of bed rest .According to Google, eagle calls are more shrill than I imagined. The calls in the story are all taken from research. I'd thought they'd make a prolonged caaaaaw caaaaaw sound, but apparently not. I've had birds once, two adorable little finches. Bought them a lovely Japanese-design house with all the extras, brought them home, and the next morning they were both laid out cold. Being a wuss when it comes to dead animals, I couldn't even touch them. Cried all the way to the pet store and left the cage, dead birds, and everything there. The COD? Apparently, there was a small gas leak. Nope, never again. Maybe it's the few drops of Native American blood in me; I'm quite taken with eagles, but no, I wouldn't want to get near those claws. P.S. Can someone explain why sometimes my comments won't post??? -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
I pictured this scene with Mannly being faced not only with trauma-related issues but at the same time hearing societal b.s. tapes about what constitutes a real man (i.e. ‘real men don’t cry,' 'man-up,' ‘don’t be a pussy,' ‘toughen up,' etc.). He was taken to Dr. MacLarroy’s clinic for a full examination, testing, treatment of shoulder/arm injury, etc. Afterwards, Reed and company, from the firehouse, provided transportation for the still-unconscious Little Man back to the ranch. Given their knee-jerk reactions, my money’s on a kick in the arse from Mama Shir. When thinking of the eagle, remember every character has a role. As for what actually transpired... -
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
I'm with you on sucky cliffies, but sometimes they can't be avoided. (Boooo) Jake is a bit reactive and uptight Neither one though is thinking clearly enough to realize they need an actual conversation.
