-
Posts
960 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Vcs
-
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Thank you, @sandeman. It seems this chapter hit right where it was intended. There are far too many struggles for power in our time when it would be so much more peaceful to live and let live. -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
@drsawzall and @Doha the world is in which we live makes so little sense sometimes. The pathetic excuses I've heard to justify an abuser's behavior have never made sense, and then, of course, are those who deny and lie about their actions. -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
We are in 100% agreement. There is never any justifiable excuse for abuse, none. I don't care what someone's been through. They know better but are still violent. -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Memories sure came to light at long last. It seems the Longfeathers have a special gift of knowing what would be best for each recipient. My favorite part though was that Bass and Kidd finally found their for ever home. -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
I've researched the statistics and honestly have come away bewildered and confused. Back when I was working, the most staggering thing was that 1:3 girls and 1:4 boys would be sexually abused/assaulted by the time they're 18 years old, and males typically underreport. How many go on to perpetuate violence against others? I saw one study that said approximately 3% to 5%, but other sites have shown different numbers, so honestly, I don't know at the moment. What I finally came away asking was, Has it gotten any better? -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
I struggle with the excuse of becoming an abuser because one fell victim to such horrors. Logically it seems one would be more compassionate towards others, but the mind is a strange often unexplainable thing. -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Thank you @Doha, Moon Child has lng been a favorite of mine. Growing up I repeatedly hear an untold number of derogatory number of names and false statements of causes and swore I'd share what truth I could. Kidd was brave beyond his imagination saving Jo, deepening their bond. Mannly was indeed fortunate to find such favor with such a magnificent creature. -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Thank you @dboggs9700. As for the horse, if you think back to the chapter where Mannly and Jo have the Porch Swing Conversation, Jo tells him something to the effect that no one comes to Two Spirits and doesn't 'hitch their horse and stay'. It was back then that Little Man first thought of needing a horse. -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
It was absolutely 100% hay fever. LOL -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
I have to agree @Charles26, death is not to be taken lightly, but like you said, the ranch will be that much safer. It's astounding to think about the degree of hate that leads those of such ill thought to even consider taking another life simply because they appear or live differently. SMH -
Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 33 ~ Welcome Home, Moon Child ~
In all honesty, I've caught myself doing the same but was lucky enough to catch it and was able to go back and edit. No worries @Summerabbacat, you're worth your weight in gold. I suspect we'll learn more about at least some of that bunch later down the line. -
Continued... Taking Jake in their arms, Kahlid whispered, “We are proud of you, our Son of Heart.” As Kahlid stepped back, Jaciah looked into Jake's eyes as he said, “He has returned home to you. Hold him safe.” Then both men gave Jake one last hug before turning and leaving the room. Once alone, Jake asked, “I’m so very relieved you’re back. If I may ask, what do you remember, Mannly?” ---------- “I... I, uhm, don’t know. I mean, I remember sitting on an old tree stump
- 26 comments
-
- 20
-
-
-
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Thank you, thank you! Still hard to believe. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
True on both counts. It's what I call: ignorance by choice. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
It was interesting doing research on albinism and Native American attitudes towards such, @Summerabbacat. I did find what you spoke of in some cultures, which is reprehensible. It's sad that so often some fear what they don't understand or are different rather than educate themselves. Kidd's character has felt 'etheareal' from the beginning, so the choice of Moon Child seemed natural -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Wise, learned, compassionate men practiced in the ways of tending injured souls. They understand his struggles and insecurities. I love their recognition of Mannly being their youngest warrior and awareness that he needed to know his home was already established. Young Eagle Feather won't be the only one to grow stronger under their guidance @sandeman. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Rightfully so @Doha. His most recent experience should will hopefully show him the wisdom in staying put, and with the care received along with everyone's concern will help him feel more secure in the ranch house. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
I'm with you @drsawzall. Sometimes one needs to break before they can heal and he did break out there on the gravel. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
A young man of many names and far too many bad experiences. In his unconsciousness his memory of those close to him seemed to teeter on the edge but he did recognize Jake , Khalid,, Jaciah, and the good doctor..I have to believe his memory will improve. Maybe there's something else holding it back? -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Indeed it does @dboggs9700. The Long feathers can help no doubt but they need someone from the outside who's not involved. Hmmm, another character. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Okay, I'll admit to chuckling when writing ripe. It did seem to fit, especially when thinking of how y'all described the mystery smell, which has become stuck in my mind. 🤮 So, he was shot? Wait, she then married him? What a mess that family was! -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Thank you kindly, @Summerabbacat. Hot silver daddies, huh? 😉 I've found sensory memories, smell in particular, to be so incredibly jarring. It can often feel as if one is consumed by the experience. Perhaps his heightened emotions, with staying conscious and in control, and/or who knows what? Seems he was ripe to remember the assault, though. Was it one, both, or someone else? Whichever, it appears they're not very competent shots if Mannly was the intended target. Having never seen the show, I have to ask, who did shoot JR? Did it end up being a dream? The dream theory is what I heard. Funny, Wednesday to Sunday does feel like waiting for the next season. -
Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 32 ~ Echoes in the Mind ~
That line, @Wiyot, was almost the last line of the previous chapter, but it felt too cruel to end on that. -
Continued... Rising slowly, he stumbled and yelled, “NO! NO! NO! GO AWAY. GET. THE. FUCK. AWAY. FROM ME!” The piercing pain abated, but his vision blurred. So overcome with fear, his head started to spin again, and his stomach lurched. Shit! Oh man, now is not the time for this. ---------- Swaying, he reached out to grab hold of the tree stump he’d been leaning against, but it wasn’t there. “Where the hell did it go?” Shaking his head, he whispered, almost pleading, “No, no, no, n
- 28 comments
-
- 21
-
-
-
-
Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
Vcs commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 31 ~ No Porcelain Doll ~
I agree @sandeman, Jake is wise While panicked by the thought of not being on the spot to protect, he must know Mannly still has struggles ahead. Meanwhile, young Mannly is so eager to get back what's lost he's grown impatient which is understandable. Ah, the eagle...
