Lynx003
Members-
Posts
120 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Lynx003
-
Thank you for another, very emotional, chapter. It will be interesting, as the tale progresses, with Levi starting in a new school making new friends - girl friends , boy friends? - I’m sure there will be some romantic twists and turns to come as teenagers each come to terms with their own individual sexuality. I only hope that Fr. Costas can calm Levi’s teenage angst after his distorted religious upbringing imposed by ‘Pop’
-
Yet another ‘good read’ chapter in this tale of juvenile enlightenment. Now that Levi has started to meet his father’s friends, I await with anticipation his reaction to members, of his own age, in the population of Thompsonville. They may be not as understanding, of his cloistered upbringing, as the more adult group he has met so far.
-
Before he went to sea - like me - he attended a pre sea training course - on H.M.S. Conway in reality a ‘sixth form college’ albeit on an old wooden hulled ex navy ship the course there concentrating on Seamanship, Navigation as well as ‘normal’ school subjects. When Masefield was on the ship she was moored in the River Mersey near Liverpool Pierhead. During WW 2 she was shifted to the Menai Straits - between Anglesey and the Welsh mainland - It was there that I attended.
-
When I was not much older than Levi, I finished my formal education & went off to sea in my chosen profession. Then I started learning about peoples, cultures, countries and how they all mesh to make the whole thing work. Levi certainly needs to have his eyes opened and to observe the whole world not just a narrow corridor that he has been brought up to observe. i think that the poem ‘Cargoes’ by John Masefield ( an old boy of the last school I attended - albeit many moons before me!) sums up the diversity that makes up the whole.
-
I was taught it as ‘joined up’ writing as opposed to infants school ‘printing’
-
Maybe I’m just ancient - but - the nearest thing to a calculator I ever has at school was a slide rule. I still use occasionally, best tool for getting good, maybe not perfect, results. Also I didn’t get a mobile phone until I was about 45! Now I feel it would take a surgical operation to separate a teenager from the phone!
-
Another great chapter in this ongoing story of teenage realisations, albeit in very harrowing circumstances. As to the biblical references especially Leviticus - it should be explained that this was not written by God but by a man, or men. Also it has been translated from the original, possibly Aramaic, through to Greek, to Latin thence to the modern languages. Every translation incorporating maybe errors due to the social norms of the man or woman translating, The King James Bible being a prime example of this. More modern translations have improved the scripts. Enough of this Bible bashing - but it should be gently fed to Levi - that it is all the words of men. thanks again for all that you write for our enjoyment.
- 63 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
-
I’m beginning to sense that Levi, is pondering about his extreme religious upbringing and the contrast with his natural father’s relationship. Is he also thinking of his own sexuality, has he also got a ‘very good’ male friend? Is he torn apart, in his mind, between his upbringing, his loss of his mother, his own sexuality, the same-sex relationship of his father. i look forward to more revelations in this story, told in his usually great style by Mark Ponyboy Peters.
-
Levi, at 15, is coming to terms with the situation that all his parental support has been removed, and he is alone in the world. Matt is also coming to the realisation that he now has parental obligation to a 15 year old boy that he doesn’t know. Trying to imagine how each of the characters will react, or maybe over-react, to the situation is I feel being well explored by Mark Ponyboy Peters, in his usual meticulous writing style. Now, having read more of the ‘Traditions’, I am intrigued as to how the relationships will develop in this ‘prequel’ knowing something of the future relationships… Thank you for giving my old grey cells something to think about whilst awaiting the next chapter…
-
Another good read… I am, as others are I’m sure, intrigued that the divorced wife has not appeared yet! Considering the publicity that Nathan’s actions occasioned. Also the fact that the extensive narrative of securing the apartment makes me wonder - are these things linked? I look forward to the next and future chapters.
- 25 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
OH - in general I look forward to your ‘spanner’s’ especially the more esoteric ones! 🤔🤔😀
-
I’ve found that hot chocolate is delicious- but even better with some Spanish ronmiel ( honey rum) added - a relaxing nightcap.
-
Do I detect an interesting reaction between Levi and his father? As if Levi knew of the same sex relationship but didn’t want to admit it? Is he also attracted to male partners? I get this feeling from the ‘cover’ picture. Maybe I’m thinking too far ahead but I feel, having read many of ‘Ponyboy’s’ tales that there is something more to be revealed. so far a bit of a tearjerker start - I look forward to happier episodes.
- 24 comments
-
- 18
-
-
-
-
A great first chapter, setting the scene, I must say it was a bit of a deep plot to get Matt to the hospital. As ‘Uncle Mark’ very rarely adds details that are unimportant I wonder how the teenage boy will fit into the story! I do hope that Julie, who I dimly remember from early tales from Thompsonville, as a teenage crush of Matt, is not too ill. Also I’m wondering - why the urgency to get Matt to the hospital..
- 43 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
Chapter 10 – Moving has its Moments
Lynx003 commented on Paladin's story chapter in Chapter 10 – Moving has its Moments
I prefer the yes……. -
Thank you for a great story, I love ending a chapter with a ‘cliffhanger’ the only drawback is having to wait a week for the ‘great reveal’ however we know, from other tales, that all will be well in the end - but how far away is ‘the end’ ? I’m with others wondering about the repeated mention of an inadequate alarm system, also we seem to have lost track of the ‘neurotic’ wife. I’m sure all will be revealed inn some measure soon.
- 28 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
Thank you for this great tale, and all the others that you have penned for us. i look forward to ‘Out of the blue’ which I’m sure will be as riveting as all the ‘Thompsonville’ series of tales. it makes me think - I should make a journey halfway around the world to enjoy the scenery in Northern New South Wales.
- 21 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
Well I certainly stirred up things a bit, commenting on the dark haired lad….. I look forward to developments
-
Another great chapter, it captured some of the energy that erupted as the restrictions were lifted. I’m sure that the romance(s) will continue after a lot of barriers were brought down by Patrick’s show. I’m intrigued by the small paragraph about a young lad making off on a bicycle, just wondering if he will reappear in the next chapter - or maybe in another tale of the life and times of Thompsonville, Macquarie Harbour and environs.
-
Thank you for another great chapter in this intriguing story. The meeting with the solicitor was, I feel, a textbook account of how such a meeting should be organised. i look forward to seeing what happens , if and when Sam surfaces….. Also how the relationship between Evan and James develops.
- 11 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
Another chapter and another good read. The way the ‘Toby situation’ was handled was excellent - we have all been through what Toby is experiencing, albeit without the added pressure of autism. I am wondering if Kevin has managed to talk to Ruth? I’m sure we will find out soon as to the situation but COVID will be another spanner in the works of ‘puppy love’ be it straight or Bunji-Bunji. I’m looking forward to further instalments.
- 8 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
I too am mystified by the ‘Candy Bar’ but the tale is thought provoking and very readable. I’m intrigued by Jack - is it something in the water that intrigues me - could there be some benji-benji link? also is there any chance that the ‘T’ shirts be made available 🌈👕🌈
-
Chapter 11 - Ouroboros
Lynx003 commented on ChromedOutCortex's story chapter in Chapter 11 - Ouroboros
Well … The older brother has, at last, told his younger sibling the truth about his view of the family relationships. A few questions spring to mind, will Sam surface before the funeral? If so will he manage to turn it into a pantomime? How will he explain his change of circumstances? will Mother be able to cope with the situation? Is there a will and who get what? At least James has a pillar of strength beside him, and also some access to possibly good legal counsel. Thank you for this tale of complex family relationships, I’m enjoying reading and thinking of what may happen next.- 10 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
Chapter 12 - Not All Meetings Are a Waste of Time.
Lynx003 commented on Paladin's story chapter in Chapter 12 - Not All Meetings Are a Waste of Time.
Not just Sydney! There are areas in most big cities where this applies. It would be great if the ‘empire’ of pubs / hotels that it would appear that are in the company’s control could be a chain of gay friendly establishments. Where the likes of Natasha would be banned! -
Chapter 11 – Sometimes Things are OK
Lynx003 commented on Paladin's story chapter in Chapter 11 – Sometimes Things are OK
I feel it’s about time that Ben informs his siblings of what he has learned from his father as to the divorce settlement and the child allowances that they may not have been given - amongst other things!- 49 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
