Jump to content
    AC Benus
  • Author
  • 228 Words
  • 327 Views
  • 3 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

rima fragmenta, Fragments of a Rift: Fifty Sonnets for Kevin - 17. confounderies

.

Sonnet No. 33

 

The golden means seeks to find a middle path

Between extremes where the twain will not meet;

The golden ratio unfolds beauty’s math,

Be it in leaf, flower or a star’s heat.

So when I’m with you, my spiral expands

To limits without outer boundaries

Where the core of me can shake off demands

Presented by the world’s confounderies.

But along the middle way, exploring

All the wonders you trace out before me,

Our ratio I will keep balancing

To unlock the swirling stars’ finite key.

Eyes opened or closed, it does not matter;

The light of you great patterns still scatter.

 

 

Sonnet No. 34

 

The Bard wrote of having the love of his boy

– Professed his ability to absolve

Every perceived wrong with a grinning ploy –

Yet here I sit with nothing but my resolve.

Perhaps not ready to confess it yet,

Your acts speak louder than any poet

When our ebb and flow produces the sweat

Any man would envy as proof of it.

So, can great love be a one-sided conceit;

Move in but one direction as it were;

Act in the manner of a one-way street?

No. For true give and take can be singular

No more than a river can run opposed

Within its banks as two currents enclosed.

 

_

Copyright © 2022 AC Benus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 3
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Number 33 takes on the character of an almost mystical bond shared between the lover and beloved. The golden ratio can be as enigmatic as such a connection as you describe. Number 34 is a foil to this, because the mystery in its lines presages confusion and concern rather than an almost sacred unknowing. Together, they give us tremors of a quake ahead. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 7/15/2022 at 9:36 AM, Parker Owens said:

Number 33 takes on the character of an almost mystical bond shared between the lover and beloved. The golden ratio can be as enigmatic as such a connection as you describe. Number 34 is a foil to this, because the mystery in its lines presages confusion and concern rather than an almost sacred unknowing. Together, they give us tremors of a quake ahead. 

Physics and Nature's math are areas of endless enchantment for me. Where they intersect appears to be where the birth of consciousness occurs, as another recent study confirms subatomic particles only become active when a researcher bends to study them; the human mind set them off into the patterns they for which they seem pre-programmed. How fascinating is that?

But yes, the Golden Means, Fibonacci sequences, the spiral of both seashell and galaxy -- they must be a part of our shared humanity, just as much as love is        

 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..