Jump to content
    AC Benus
  • Author
  • 228 Words
  • 720 Views
  • 4 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

rima fragmenta, Fragments of a Rift: Fifty Sonnets for Kevin - 3. in contrast is balance too

.

Sonnet No. 5

 

Chronos himself has sought an age to learn

secrets borne by the Butterfly Effect,

with its conundrum mighty and direct,

do small nudges stable states overturn?

Here, chicken-and-egg questions we discern,

wondering of love if desires project,

or passion rules of attraction affect,

for since your first kiss, I the answers yearn.

Your brightness with the room is contrasting,

lifting my legs to hover face to face,

about to feed me and end my fasting

with the bareness of you and your grace –

set to penetrate memory everlasting

when sex and love were born in one embrace.

 

 

Sonnet No. 6

 

When personalities get in the way;

When age seems to be a factor; when race

Plays a part – where these command undue sway –

Links don’t form, but with us it’s not the case.

Such thoughts are absent when I’m in your arms,

Like on the day my hands could first explore

How firm your muscles and soft your skin charms

The coaxing caress you seem to adore.

Oh, Kevin – not age nor station matter

To the quality of our sweet union,

For when our differences are together

The new light we make is bright communion.

In contrast is balance too; such a truth

Outweighs our looks or age, our race or youth.

 

_

Copyright © 2022 AC Benus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 4
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

How bright the light shines in these sonnets. There is a luminous, and certainly sensuous quality to them. They glow with remembered love, delight and grace. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

How bright the light shines in these sonnets. There is a luminous, and certainly sensuous quality to them. They glow with remembered love, delight and grace. 

Thank you, @Parker Owens. There is a past tense, and a present tense, to these. I had wanted to tell the tale of a romance from start to end with punctuations of torch-song at every tenth one. As you know, I feel I was unable to create the artistic vision in my mind. An unforeseen reunion had unforeseen consequences on how I approached our story. I suppose it's natural that it should be hard . . . and it was.  

But in any event, here the fifty are. Thank you again for your support      

Edited by AC Benus
  • Love 1
Link to comment

The best way to enjoy this incredible poetry is read it in silence as a kind of first step, to discern the inherent rhythm. Then sink back and read it out loud, as if you are reciting Shakespeare's Sonnets, Milton's "Paradise Lost" or Thomas Gray's "Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard". Only then the full breathtaking beauty of these sonnets comes to full brilliant radiation. 

Damned, your poetry causes even my comment to become poetic🙂

  • Love 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Georgie DHainaut said:

The best way to enjoy this incredible poetry is read it in silence as a kind of first step, to discern the inherent rhythm. Then sink back and read it out loud, as if you are reciting Shakespeare's Sonnets, Milton's "Paradise Lost" or Thomas Gray's "Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard". Only then the full breathtaking beauty of these sonnets comes to full brilliant radiation. 

Damned, your poetry causes even my comment to become poetic🙂

Thank you, @Georgie DHainaut, for your wonderful comments. You list some high company for my rima fragmenta, and they are all poets I admire. Reading out loud rewards richly for any good work, and I do it too.

Again, a million thanks! 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..