Jump to content
    AC Benus
  • Author
  • 247 Words
  • 157 Views
  • 3 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

rima fragmenta, Fragments of a Rift: Fifty Sonnets for Kevin - 25. outsmart

.

Sonnet No. 49

 

There through a hushed moment, I watch you snooze

Beneath slanting sunshine amongst the hours

My fingers have chance to rove, wondering who’s

Luckier than we in this love of ours.

Your thought still spins me around – makes me smile –

Though the sweetness of the present’s gone,

I’ve encircled the past for just a while,

Like a captured rock in your orbit drawn.

But when my caress strokes your arm just so,

Your eyes open to mine and those lips part;

Your hand draws me like it’ll never let go,

To kiss me like Time itself we’ll outsmart.

This feeling is something to hold onto

As memory delays the final adieu.

 

 

Sonnet No. 50

 

I know this book’s no work of art, at least,

It’s far from what I’d nursed in my vision

Of a tale to tell of spirit not decreased

By the loving intent of its decision.

In the end, you’ll think my work is a stunt,

Planned and executed in dull hubris,

Because my love is something you do not want

And use that knowledge as a thing to dismiss.

But for this poet, there’s no pretending

What passed between us left no impression,

For like a pentecostal flame unending

You’re burned in me like a deathless expression.

But now, I’ll let tears flow and put this to an end;

Just know, I wish you the best, my beautiful friend.

 

_

Copyright © 2022 AC Benus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 2
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

4 hours ago, AC Benus said:

the end

So ends this beautiful collection of poems written for one man, but which speak to all love and all cherishing. My heart goes out to you for the tears shed and the heartache borne. Yet through so much of this collection, your joy burns radiantly, too. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 10/2/2022 at 6:54 PM, Parker Owens said:

So ends this beautiful collection of poems written for one man, but which speak to all love and all cherishing. My heart goes out to you for the tears shed and the heartache borne. Yet through so much of this collection, your joy burns radiantly, too. 

Thank you for reading these and leaving me encouragement along the way, dear friend. You are golden to me!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..