Jump to content
    AC Benus
  • Author
  • 1,988 Words
  • 933 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Slocked Affections - 1. Part One of Three

.

Part Two – The Laguna Beach (Mis…)Adventures

Chapter 4: Slocked Affections

 

"So, what does this mac daddy client of yours do again…?" I was casting my eyes upwards.

We stood in front of a large but spartan-looking house, or more accurately, before its black iron gate. A six-foot wall of undressed cinderblocks abutted the sidewalk, and from the top of it rose vertical siding stained sage green. Altogether the structure informed stranger, passerby, Jehovah Witness, door-to-door salesman, burglar or common punk like me: I may be rich behind these walls, but stay away. In other words, it projected the drunken 1960s idea of sobriety.

We'd already had a long day, even though it was only about four in the afternoon. Assauer's exertions had been great, for not only did he do all the driving – my reward for which was giving him the pleasure of my beloved Gordon's company in the front seat while I stayed isolated in the back – but last night, after we had agreed on our plan of escape, my ex returned to Hollywood in the wee hours to fetch his car. He told us he drove through empty streets returning to Long Beach. No headlights followed him, he said, and I suppose late at night, with traffic at a minimal, he'd be able to tell.

Despite our intentions to hit the road at first light, we crashed most of the morning. After we woke up, we ate a bit, packed and left. Ninety percent of the drive down here had been all too sadly typical for SoCal forays; we traveled long stretches of featureless freeway, tediously playing stop-n-go taillight tag, all the while ducking in and out of the chasms created by towering trucks.

That changed spectacularly once we turned west on 133, or onto Laguna Canyon Road, for that's exactly what it was – a scenic and not very busy pass through a winding valley. Out my backseat window to the right were verdant hills apparently untouched by man, while strawberry fields rolled by for wide-open country mile on the left.

Eventually Highway 133 swept us along a final gentle curve, and the entire vast blueness of the Pacific opened before us.

Once in the ritzy community of Laguna Beach itself, we pulled off the main drag and started climbing switchback lanes, which only narrowed and became more tree-shaded the higher and richer we rose into the posh neighborhoods.

At last we parked on top of a hill and trudged with our bags to this gate, glimpsing vistas between the plantings and walled properties.

"He's the headmaster of a private military academy, one for small boys," Assauer said.

I immediately quipped: "Didn't Trump go to one those?"

"He did," replied my ex. "One that went bankrupt recently because of the all abuse lawsuits."

"Oh, geeze," muttered Gordon.

I smiled. "Need I say more?"

"I'm texting the guy we're here…."

"Now this house makes sense," I told my boyfriend, directing my sights up again. "It looks like army barracks."

The gate buzzed, so I grabbed it.

"He says to come in and head up to the pool."

My ex led the way and gave me a moment to raise a crooked eyebrow in Gordon's direction. "The pool…?" The uninviting abode appeared too severe to have any such amenities.

I followed my boy up a plain set of steps, not resisting the feel of his teenage buns working underneath his denim. His reaction was to shift the weight of his ratty old gym bag and swipe my hand from his ass.

"You should get rid of that…that piece of tat," I said peevishly.

"Why?" He grinned back at me, hefting the strap so the slate-blue Aptos High School logo of an 'A' over an anchor outline was right in my face. "Don't like thinking about our past…?"

We laughed, but he was right; I didn't.

Upstairs, the main level opened up the house a little, but it still resembled a compound of buildings rather than a typical residence, for breezeways had overhangs and doorways to what I imagined were many guest rooms.

We heard Assauer return greetings to a manly voice up ahead, and in another minute, I followed Gordon's back into the sunshine.

I paused and had my breath taken away. Jutting over a cliff face, a huge terrace was dominated by a spacious and impeccably maintained swimming pool.

An iron handrail on the other side framed a killer view. A living fringe created by the top of mature palm trees rooted to the earth some eighty feet below punctuated a symphony of clouds and waves; the shimmering blue tones rippling underwater from the pool were matched by the views of sky and sea beyond.

A burly man, with an old-fashioned buzz cut in silver-gray and wearing a terrycloth robe, was hugging Assauer. After holding my ex roughly away by the shoulders, the man administered a painful-sounding backslap and released Assauer.

He then turned his attention to us, smiling and calling out: "Welcome! The more the merrier."

"Captain Hojax," said Assauer, "it's great to see you again."

"I always knew you'd be back, son." He actually winked at my German companion, and caused a slight riffle of jealousy within me.

His appearance spoke of a hard life of faking it. In his particular case, the role was Commandant, a tough one at that, but only geared to frighten little boys. His features were round and somewhat flabby, but his scowls more than tensed up his facial muscles into a hypercritical whole. Fifty-ish, the peek of manly chest hair through the terrycloth opening of the robe, and powerful calves sticking out from below it, said he was not faking his youthfully fit physique.

Our host led the way, his gruff voice commanding, "Come. Let's meet the others."

Once the captain wasn't watching, my ex rubbed his sore shoulder, giving me a look like he regretted the decision of coming back into Hojax's clutches already.

To the right side of the pool was a shady cabana. In the cool were two people sitting around in swimsuits and drinking.

The captain did the honors. "May I introduce my old friend, Lloyd, and his enchanting partner. This is a sexy German I know, Assauer, and his friends."

The three of us dumped our gear and sat down.

"This is Kohl, my ex," Assauer said, "and his boyfriend, Gordon."

One of Hojax's guests was a thirty-ish Asian. He whipped off his designer sunglasses and thrust a ladylike hand towards my boyfriend. "The name's Sang Trọng – but everybody calls me Trọng – and yes, I am Vietnamese," he said with immense pride, and quite a large accent to boot.

Gordon took the moist fingers gallantly, but I could tell he wanted to wipe his own right away.

In contrast to his partner, Lloyd was a darkly brooding man, the strong silent type, and no doubt considered a bad-to-the-bone stud in many circles. Over six-foot, and perhaps forty-five, he was endowed with raven hair slicked back and wet from the pool, and emotional eyes used to not showing a thing.

"Drinks!" the captain called out. In a moment or two, a boy in a white polo shirt appeared. A blond teen of the rich-kid variety, he was the type you'd usually expect to see part-timing it as a caddy on the country club greens.

"Armand, mix up a pitcher of Mai Tais, lad."

"Yes, sir," the boy said with a slight bow, hands laid one over the other near his crotch, and a slight sparkle in his glance at me. He turned and went, with me noticing how well those black trousers gripped his tight little ass.

"So, Kohl," our host asked with another wink, "are you a German too?"

"Yes. Me and Assauer are from the same little town in Germany."

"Bavaria?!" Trọng inquired with raw enthusiasm. He had laid his shades on the table.

"No…" I smiled. "No leather shorts, or hunter-green socks, I'm afraid."

While everyone laughed, Trọng's leer at me scanned down to my lap.

"Well, whatever," Lloyd's boyfriend said. "I think your accent's adorable."

As he drained the last of his drink in anticipation of a fresh round, I wished I could say the same about his accent.

"Speaking of Germany, I suppose my little Ass-Hour told you," said Hojax, "that I have quite a collection of Nazi memorabilia."

"You do?" I swallowed; of course the Arsch had said nothing about it.

"Oh, yes! A fascinating time in military history. Fascinating. I have one of Hitler's ex libris stickers. It's one of my most prized possession."

"What's that, anyway?" questioned Trọng.

"Ex libris," the collector explained, "is the piece of paper glued to the inside of a book to show who once owned it."

"Yeah, right," chuckled Trọng. "As if Hitler's nightstand books are why we remember him."

"You know," Assauer suddenly chimed in with a scowl, "why is it you Americans are so interested in the Nazis in the first place, and all things World War II in general?"

I shot my ex a warning look. This was not the place or time to antagonize our host.

"I can tell you that one," Lloyd said. It was the first time he'd spoken, and his tone was deep, mellow and sultry. "We're intrigued by how one of the world's great cultures – Germany before the war – could be seduced and swayed by crudeness, bigotry and anti-intellectual boogieman-baiting."

"Lloyd is right," Hojax affirmed. "How the country of art and science and tolerance – of Schiller, Goethe, Einstein! – could turn its back on greatness and instead embrace xenophobia and fear."

Assauer flushed and rather aggressively pegged elbows on the table. "Then it sounds like people in the near future will be collecting Mar-a-Lago cocktail napkins and wondering the same thing about the nation of Longfellow, Whitman and Bill Nye."

The table was jolted as if by an electrical current. The truth is always right, but it doesn't always need to be said.

After a tense moment, the captain laughed brightly and administered another punishing blow of affection on my ex's shoulder. "Bill Nye!" he called out. "He's a mismatched comparison to Albert Einstein! I would have said Edwin Hubble, Robert Oppenheimer, or even Carl Sagan."

Assauer relaxed back in his seat with a twinkle. "I stand corrected."

"Well, anyway," Hojax continued, "you won't find any of those 'Make America White-Bread Again' people around here. We're all aligned politically on the side of progress and calm."

That was a relief to hear, and so was the sight of the sexy blond rolling over a drinks cart; it rattled with ice in a tall pitcher. The boy set out three new glasses for us, and as he poured mine, I made sure this Armand knew I was interested. When he smiled briefly and moved on to fill Gordon's glass, I caught my boy's eyes on me. He was not a happy motor home, let's just say. I'd make it up to him later.

Almost as bitchy payback, Gordon picked up his glass and sipped it with lewd intent towards Trọng.

The Vietnamese guy fingered his sunglasses and plied glances between me, my boy and the teen waiter. Finally he settled on Gordon, saying, "You are way overdressed for a pool party. Get changed and we'll go for a dip."

I hurriedly coughed up a lie. "Gordon has no swim trunks."

"Oh, tsk, tsk," said Trọng, rising elegantly and reaching for my boy's hand. "You need to find someone to take better care of you. Come on." His words turned to me. "I have just the perfect thing for him to slip into, back in my room."

My blood boiled as I watched this seductress lead my boyfriend straight into the lion's lair.

 

□□□□□

 

 

(to be continued...)

 

 

_

Deep thanks to Mikiesboy and J.Hunter Dunn for their support of this project, and encouragement along this long winding road I'm on ;) 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2017 AC Benus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh such fun! Funny and I love Trong! 

Thanks for your support, Tim. I'll post part two in Friday I think 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Off to a good start. This little morsel has left me wanting more. I hope TRNg has a nasty fall off the cliff. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Timothy M. said:

Taillight tag :rofl:  though not much fun if you're doing it. And I loved the little T dig.

Thanks, Tim. Driving down there feels like that to me, especially being amongst all the trucks.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Parker Owens said:

Whew! Danger and seduction! Sexual tension! Politics! Having fun already.....

Thanks, Parker. I hope I can keep the level of fun going for the reader.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 5:53 PM, BlindAmbition said:

Off to a good start. This little morsel has left me wanting more. I hope TRNg has a nasty fall off the cliff. 

Thanks, JP. You make me chuckle to think of Trong gliding off a cliff with style... We shall be seeing more of him.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Defiance19 said:

Oh, this is good.. So good.. 

Thanks, Def. I always value your opinions. Muah! <3

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I like it AC. Definitely got me wanting more. Really interesting characters.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
26 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I like it AC. Definitely got me wanting more. Really interesting characters.

Thank you, Dodger. Great comments and great support :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

My favorite character in this first section is Hojax. He’s such a mess. :-) He can’t even get ostentation right, with bland food and Motel-6 towels. He’s right about Bill Nye, but my favorite line of his is:

Quote

[Y]ou won't find any of those 'Make America White-Bread Again' people around here. We're all aligned politically on the side of progress and calm.

Progress and calm. Right out of the 1950’s. And yet, now Trump is president. Hmmm. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, knotme said:

My favorite character in this first section is Hojax. He’s such a mess. :-) He can’t even get ostentation right, with bland food and Motel-6 towels. He’s right about Bill Nye, but my favorite line of his is:

Progress and calm. Right out of the 1950’s. And yet, now Trump is president. Hmmm. 

To quote a later character in Mojo, "We won the Cold War...my ass...."

 

Thanks for your comments, knotme. They and your help with this project are much appreciated!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Brilliant to see this again ... brings back wonderful memories and characters i'm sure i've had lunch with before.  i wonder if Trong has spare trunks in his room for me??  

  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Brilliant to see this again ... brings back wonderful memories and characters i'm sure i've had lunch with before.  i wonder if Trong has spare trunks in his room for me??  

I'm sure he brought enough for a skinny-dipping party at least ;) 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

I'm sure he brought enough for a skinny-dipping party at least ;) 

i'm not shy... skinny-dipping is fine with me ..lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..