Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Make sure you read the first Twinks in Space book!

Twinks in Space: Fantastic Voyage - Part Two - 4. Chapter 4 - The Dark

Phentrom finds himself somewhere he does not want to be.

 

Phentrom awoke with a pounding headache. He brought a palm to his forehead and opened his eyes, but he found himself in total darkness. The pain in his head forced him to squeeze his eyes shut again, and he took a ragged breath.

He groaned aloud, “What happened to me?”

Phentrom reopened his eyes, and the mandroid activated bioluminescence from his retinas. Two beams of light shone forward from him like a pair of flashlights, and Phentrom realized he was locked in a small room.

He closed his eyes at a fresh flash of pain, and he sucked air through his teeth. The light from his retinas was weak against the oppressive darkness, but it allowed him to observe his bleak surroundings.

The room was little more than a closet, with a flimsy cot and no visible door. A small plate in one corner held a single piece of bread on it, and beside the plate was a glass of water. Phentrom rose from the makeshift bed and turned all the way around several times, but there was nothing else in the room. He ate the bread and drank the water.

His head was throbbing, and he lay back down, deactivating the illumination from his eyes. He did not know how long he had been unconscious, and he was surprised to suddenly realize that his sensors were telling him he was traveling through hyperspace.

Phentrom tried to stay awake, but he could not stop himself from drifting back into unconsciousness.

😖
2024
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2
Thank you so much for diving into the second book in my sci-fi series, and I hope you enjoy it!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..