Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Make sure you read the first Twinks in Space book!

Twinks in Space: Fantastic Voyage - Part Two - 37. Chapter 37 - Belief & Feedom

Lyoth, Nunta... and Stawren.

After Lyoth and Nunta finished eating their ham and eggs, the two of them headed toward the Galaxy Surfer’s lounge.

“There’s no tronidra on this ship,” Lyoth stated, “but would you like a fermented iceginger brew? They’re quite nice, zingy!”

She furrowed her brow at him but nodded. Nunta’s belly was full for the first time in years, before the nineteen year old even became a teenager, and her mind was racing. The food Lyoth made brought up confusing memories for Nunta of Alihte feeding her and showing her love as a child. Nunta could remember emotions she had not felt in a long time. Those winter solstice meals were becoming clearer, the longer they swirled in her thoughts. She could picture snow, campfires, dancing, and the nightly feasts. She could hear the songs she and her fellow villagers used to sing. Then Nunta heard the whisper of a lullaby Alihte would often sing to her at night. The words were garbled and the melody was only half-remembered, but Nunta knew it was something special from her past.

She shook herself from her thoughts and asked, “Lyoth, how’d you get me away from the Entry of Ecstasy? I know that I was asleep on the goutria blood pills, but how did you get me away from Mama goddess and the Children without getting caught?”

“Oh,” Lyoth replied casually, “Stawren punched Mama.”

Nunta’s mind seemed to reject his words. “But how did you get me away?” she asked again.

“Stawren punched Mama in the face.”

Nunta paused and stared at Lyoth. “Wait, no… that’s… but she… Mama…”

“I know,” Lyoth replied, “hard as it may be to believe, Stawren knocked Mama out.”

Nunta gawked at him. She whispered, “How is that possible?”

Lyoth smirked. “Stawren’s a badass. Have you met many badass women? Mama is categorically not a badass. Maybe you and Stawren ought to chat. She’s a big fan of these iceginger brews. Want me to send her in for a drink with you?”

Nunta looked nervous for the first time, and she turned toward the door to the lounge and the bridge of the starship where Stawren and Alihte were waiting. “I dunno,” Nunta answered quietly. She looked back at Lyoth and said almost as a question, “I guess so?”

He gave her an encouraging smile and headed out the door.

Nunta was alone for a moment, but Mama’s teachings raged in her head. The nineteen year old girl still believed in her leader, and she knew she needed to get back. The food Lyoth made with her ended up being too strong a temptation, and he had been too kind for her not to succumb. She knew she would need to repent to her leader when she returned. Nunta could feel Mama’s words berating her for…

“Hi, kid,” Stawren said from the doorway behind her, and Nunta turned in her seat again. “Sorry you didn’t get to see me punch Mama,” Stawren continued, “but you were already all drugged-out on that poison she was forcing on you.”

Nunta was startled by Stawren’s bluntness.

“I punched the snot out of her!” Stawren declared with a laugh. She then continued a little gentler. “Look, kid, how are you feeling? That toxic stuff Mama was making you take has worn off, and you’ve had some food, but are you okay?”

Nunta nodded.

“I, unlike Lyoth,” Stawren continued, “am not sorry we took you away from that wicked woman.” She put her hands on her hips. “You gonna offer me a drink, or what?”

Nunta turned back toward the counter where the outside of her glass was collecting condensation. “Do you want one?” she asked, her voice cracking.

Stawren sat on the chair beside Nunta, reached over the counter, and grabbed herself a fermented iceginger brew.

“You’re not sorry?” Nunta asked.

“Not one bit. Mama is one of the most spineless and pathetic people I’ve ever had the misfortune of coming across.” Nunta frowned and Stawren continued. “Only someone that weak would prey on children, and I don’t mean Children as in her followers. I mean that you, Nunta, were an actual child when Mama started controlling your mother, and by proxy, you.” She took a sip of her drink and snickered at her own thoughts. “Mama went down like a sack of potatoes! I hit her square in the nose, right between the eyes. She’ll be feeling that one for a while.” Stawren let out a boisterous laugh. “And the fact that Mama can’t take a punch has nothing to do with her weakness. Mama’s impotence is made clear by her actions. Her cruelty to the people she calls her Children is a symptom of how wicked she truly is.”

Nunta looked down at the bruise on the back of Stawren’s hand.

“I hit her so hard,” Stawren said with a satisfied grin, “I’m almost certain I broke her nose.”

Nunta was completely confused. She paused, took a breath, and whispered, “Is your hand okay?” She shook her head, angry at her own thoughts.

Stawren let out another laugh. “Absolutely, kid! I’ve punched tougher noses than Mama’s.” She took another swig of her beverage. “This little bruise is a temporary reminder of a great conquest.”

Conquest,” Nunta repeated, “you mean, over Mama goddess?”

Stawren smirked. “Well, what do you think?”

“None of the Children have ever challenged Mama goddess.”

“Oh,” Stawren interrupted, “I didn’t challenge Mama; I just punched her in the face. I own the fact that I overpowered her without question.” She smiled, and she glared into Nunta’s eyes. “Mama’s nothing.”

Nunta was stunned.

“Listen, kid,” Stawren continued, “Lyoth’s found a safe place to take you and your real mother. Will you let us bring you to somewhere that has people who can actually help you, and not poison you?”

Nunta did not get to answer, because Stawren’s communicator began ringing.

She ran to the door of the lounge and yelled, “Lyoth! My aunt’s calling!”

He and Alihte joined Nunta and Stawren as she answered.

“Hey, everyone, have you heard the news?!” Neptithia asked through the screen of the Galaxy Surfer’s communicator.

Lyoth, Stawren, Alihte, and Nunta were all looking at her Blue face.

Neptithia continued without awaiting their reply. “The assassin viper androids have finally been deactivated, and the I.C.U.A. has issued a trans-galactic statement. The death toll has reached over two-hundred-billion across the universe, and multiple sentient species have been brought to the brink of extinction or wiped out entirely, but the killing has stopped.”

“What did the I.C.U.A. have to say?” Stawren asked.

Alihte whispered to Lyoth, “What does I.C.U.A. stand for?”

“Intergalactic Covenant of Unification for the Ages,” he replied.

Neptithia answered Stawren’s question. “Some nonsense about bringing order from the chaos and aligning all species in a single cause. The statement is being shared across most major media platforms. You’ll be able to pull it up. But Stawren, who are your friends?”

“Auntie Thia, this is Alihte and Nunta.”

The two women were standing on either side of Lyoth. Nunta was keeping him between herself and her mother. She did not respond to Neptithia, but Alihte nodded and said sheepishly, “It’s nice to meet you.”

“So, what’s your plan, kid?” Neptithia asked Stawren.

“We’re going to bring Alihte and Nunta somewhere safe, and then Lyoth and I will head after the last… erm… thing on the list.”

Nunta looked sharply at Lyoth, but he took her hand and gave her an encouraging nod.

Neptithia perked up. “Oh, yes, I’ve found out some details about that for you.”

Lyoth interrupted. “Neptithia, let us make our next stop first, and we’ll call you back for your information.”

“Sounds good, talk soon,” Neptithia concluded, and she disconnected.

Lyoth turned to Stawren. “Will you fly us down to the spaceport of Carthal?”

“You got it.”

Lyoth headed out into the hallway off the bridge, and without a word, Nunta left her mother with Stawren and followed him.

Stawren turned to Alihte. “I think it’ll just take time for you and your daughter to mend your relationship. The strain she’s been through – and you’ve been through – it’s going to take some healing. Don’t give up on Nunta, and don’t give up on yourself.”

“What did you and Lyoth say to her?”

Stawren gave Alihte a satisfied grin. “I told her I punched Mama, and he’s probably still talking to her about things right now. Lyoth’s been part of a lot of rescue and relief work over the years. Before I met him, he was a Guild of Houses agent.”

Alihte did not know what that was. “The Guild of Houses?”

Stawren scrunched up her face. “How do I explain them? They’re peacekeepers, but also warriors. The agents are responsible for toppling corrupt governments and leading rebellions. In fact, Lyoth orchestrated an uprising in the city where I’m from, and he liberated my people! The Guild of Houses agents are ruthless when they need to be, but they are also servants to the sentient species of the universe.” Stawren smiled. “I’m sure Lyoth has dealt with other groups like Mama and her so-called Children. Whatever was said to Nunta seems to have made a small difference.”

In the back of the Galaxy Surfer, Lyoth entered the cargo hold. “Nunta, come here.” He turned, faced her, and took her hand in his. “We’re not taking you back to the Entry of Ecstasy.”

Nunta yanked her hands from his. “You promised!” she shrieked. “You promised you’d take me back!”

He gave her a straight face and said, “Why don’t you tell Stawren? She’s right behind you.”

Nunta spun around.

“Tell me what?” Stawren asked.

Nunta’s anger was instantly doused by the badass woman’s appearance.

“Wh-where’s Alihte?” Nunta stuttered.

“I made her a cup of tea and set her up by the bay windows. She’s looking out at the universe.” Stawren put her hands on her hips again and stared Nunta down. “So, tell me what?”

Nunta looked at Lyoth and said more weakly than she expected, “He told me he’d take me back to the Entry of Ecstasy.”

“Why in the universe would you want to go back to that pathetic woman?” Stawren scrunched up her nose like she smelled something foul. “Nunta, you’re not an idiot, are you?” Nunta’s jaw dropped, and she stared at Stawren. “You’re nineteen. You’re barely more than a kid. You are immature and inexperienced, and if you go back, you are doubling-down and committing to ignorance.” Stawren extended her arms to the sides. “Look around you! There’s an entire universe out there just waiting for you, and we’re gonna show you a little of it. And what, you’re annoyed to be with Alihte? Oh, boo-hoo for you! Being with a mother who actually loves and cares about you… don’t be a crybaby. I was just telling Alihte how bright you are, Nunta; you better not make me a liar.” She turned to Lyoth. “Just came in here to grab one of these.” She picked up a small, unlabeled box and headed back out again, leaving Nunta feeling deflated and perplexed.

We're not through with Nunta yet...
2024
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Thank you so much for diving into the second book in my sci-fi series, and I hope you enjoy it!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

When someone punches your God's lights out, you better listen when they speak.

  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

It is past time for the Guild of Houses to set things to right...the I.C.U.A. leadership needs to be taken down, preferably with blasters securely lodged up their individual backsides...

Come on folks, what more reason does anyone need????

Neptithia continued without awaiting their reply. “The assassin viper androids have finally been deactivated, and the I.C.U.A. has issued a trans-galactic statement. The death toll has reached over two-hundred-billion across the universe, and multiple sentient species have been brought to the brink of extinction or wiped out entirely, but the killing has stopped.”

  • Love 3
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

but the killing has stopped.

They left out the "for now." It's a clear threat.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Nunat finally faces some tough love--her problems, though, are very small

 

Meanwhile, in the larger scheme of things, over 200 billion beings have been killed, but the fighting has stopped

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Let's hope that Nunta has enough sense to realize that Lyoth and Stawren are right and that she needs to be as far away from the loser brigade as possible.  

200 Billions dead, and the threat that more could be is clear.  These idiots need to be taken down as well; but don't think a well thrown punch is going to do it.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..