Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Make sure you read the first Twinks in Space book!

Twinks in Space: Fantastic Voyage - Part Two - 15. Chapter 15 - Capture

The Cometskipper is attacked!

Over the speakers of Fonith’s ship, a voice declared, “This is Captain Disigorth of the Olotarian battleship Scorched Atmosphere. Prepare to be boarded.”

The Cometskipper was frozen in space. All of its scanners and external sensors were dead, and there was no way to detect where the attacking ship was located in relation to the Cometskipper.

“Godsdammit, nothing’s working!” the bounty hunter growled. “Computer, were we hit by a power syphon?”

It did not respond.

Fonith started trying to reactivate her handheld device and computer terminals, as Golvinte came rushing onto the bridge followed by Captain Suoki with his cane.

“What in the universe is going on?” the captain asked. “Who was that over the speakers? Why’d the ship lose power?”

Fonith replied quickly. “Don’t know, everything’s dead.”

“How can I help?” Golvinte asked.

“There’s a manual way to reboot the Cometskipper’s systems. Now listen,” Fonith paused and focused on her fellow bounty hunter, “down in the cargo hold, there’s a grey control panel. Open it. Inside are three levers and a bunch of buttons. Ignore the buttons. Pull the middle lever first, the third lever second, and the first lever third,” and Fonith added, “two, three, one, that’s the order.”

“Got it!”

Go!

Golvinte raced off the bridge.

“Tell me what to do,” Captain Suoki said.

Fonith spun from her computer and pointed at another chair and terminal. It started blinking with a default prompt. “Jump on that one and read off what comes up!”

Captain Suoki obeyed.

“It’ll be another minute,” Fonith stated. “Read it aloud when it changes.”

Finnow appeared at the door to the Cometskipper’s bridge with her daughter in her arms and Froufrou at her feet, but she remained silent and did not distract her sister.

“Come on,” Fonith snapped at her computer, “you’ve still got a few surprises in you, work with me!”

The prompt in front of Captain Suoki became words, and he called out, “It says, ‘continuous depletion of power supply.’”

Fonith looked over at him with a scowl. “Dammit, what’s actively draining my ship? Golvinte won’t be able to reboot the systems if we’re constantly losing power. And where’s this damn battleship?” It was not visible out the Cometskipper’s windows.

Captain Suoki spoke up again. “Now the screen says, ‘vessel moving through space, 56.3° starboard.’”

Fonith gritted her teeth. “They’re pulling us in.”

“Who?” Finnow asked.

Fonith turned to look at her sister and niece. “I don’t know who he is or what he wants.”

Golvinte reappeared in the doorway behind Finnow. “It wasn’t working!” he declared to Fonith in dismay. “I’m sure I did exactly what you told me with the levers! It didn’t…”

“I know,” Fonith interrupted. “Somehow, this battleship is actively sucking the Cometskipper’s energies. We’re stuck. There are a few backup systems that have their own power sources, but they won’t last long. Golvinte, take my sister and niece to my quarters,” Fonith ordered. “The Cometskipper has a safe-room behind the wall inside my closet. Lock them in it.”

Golvinte nodded and raced off to hide Finnow and little Riah with Froufrou.

This says,” Captain Suoki exclaimed in alarm, “‘airlock connection secure!’ Fonith, they’ve attached to the outside of your ship!”

She did not reply.

“‘External doors opening,’” Captain Suoki continued reading. “Oh gods, it says ‘weapons detected!’”

Fonith hesitated a moment with her finger hovering over a button on the console in front of her. She pushed it.

Screams suddenly rang out through the ship. They were immediately silenced.

Yikes! What's going to happen next?
2024
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 5
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Thank you so much for diving into the second book in my sci-fi series, and I hope you enjoy it!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh No--The cometskipper is being drained of power and now it is being boarded.

Fonith tries a Hail Mary last desparate act and pushes a button. Screams are heard through out

What has happened? Have beings been killed? Are Fonith and her friends captured? Quigley's wife and child are hidden in a safe room.

  • Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Fonith has activated a separate ship defense against boarders, but it still won't solve the power leeching.

  • Fingers Crossed 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..