Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Make sure you read the first Twinks in Space book!

Twinks in Space: Fantastic Voyage - Part Two - 50. Chapter 50 - Confrontation

The warriors clash with the monsters.

The menacing sound of the two godstrolls stomping through the forest toward the farms had the farmers Rugon and old man Drishia quaking with fear. The monsters reached the edge of the trees and began crushing more of the pumpkin vines as they approached the newly-repaired hog pens, which they smashed again. They both grabbed a pig in each hand and began racing back toward the forest.

The pair of them paid no attention to the fact that a small starship had touched down at the edge of the woods behind them, and that its landing anchors deployed. The two godstrolls were elated to have another free meal, and to have done some more damage, but as they ran past the back of the ship, its rocket boosters erupted with a fury of radiant energy. The four hogs were instantly killed by the blast, and the godstrolls were thrown back and scorched by the blaze.

The male writhed on the ground, having taken the brunt of the inferno, but Ugmugg rose like a tidal wave. She screamed with such ferocity that even Lyoth flinched at the sound. He and Stawren were hidden together in the middle part of the pumpkin patch, but Stawren suddenly launched herself from the ground and began to run with all her might toward the farmhouse. Her action had the desired effect.

Ugmugg saw her and charged.

Lyoth was still hidden where Stawren had just been, but he signaled to Captain Suoki, who was inside the Galaxy Surfer. Then Lyoth also began to move. He raised his head, and Ugmugg was almost where he wanted her. With his weapon, he pushed himself to his hands and knees, and he sprang.

Ugmugg was so startled at being attacked by someone that she stumbled over her own feet and fell, but she also screeched in agony as she crashed to the ground, and she grabbed for the back of her thigh. Lyoth had opened a massive gash in the hamstring of one of her huge legs, slicing through her flesh with the razor-sharp cutting tool from a piece of farming equipment he had disassembled to expose its wicked blade.

Lyoth stood above Ugmugg, holding the farm tool in a way it had never been used before, and he chopped off her enormous hideous head. Captain Suoki was rushing through the field toward Lyoth, who went racing in the opposite direction past the big man back toward the edge of the pumpkin vines. They did not stop or speak as they crossed paths, and a moment later, Lyoth was bearing down on the badly burned male godstroll.

The thing was pushing itself up and trying to shake the pain that was assaulting every inch of its skin. It saw Lyoth and threw the only thing it had, in his direction.

Lyoth spun to the side and hid behind a tree as the charred remains of one dead hog and then another came soaring in his direction. The godstroll was dazed and unable to focus, and a look of surprise came to its scorched face, as Lyoth slit its throat.

It collapsed, and Lyoth left the enormous corpse at the edge of the forest. He walked back into the field of twisting vines, many of which were now uprooted and broken. The warrior took a deep breath and let out a relieved sigh.

Captain Suoki approached him and said, “I wasn’t able to collect much blood from the godstroll.” He held up a special container that would prevent the blood from coagulating.

“No,” Lyoth replied with a nod, “I wasn’t expecting you to get much, since this is what I used to kill it.” He was still holding the disassembled farming tool. “The only way we’ll get an entire godstroll’s blood is if we kill it without using blades.”

“It’s a start!” Stawren called out as she ran up to the men. “Glad I didn’t need to use this.” She tapped the staff of a makeshift spear that was now slung on her back. It had also been made from farm tools. “Rugon and Drishia are still hiding,” she added.

Lyoth nodded again. “Let’s head back and let them know this episode of terror is over for them.”

On to more planets and new information!
2024
  • Like 3
  • Love 6
Thank you so much for diving into the second book in my sci-fi series, and I hope you enjoy it!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

akascrubber

Posted (edited)

The godstrolls feared nothing and were killed by their ignorance and fearless fighters who took great risks

Lyoth, Stawren and Suoki had a plan and it worked. They used the starship engine blasts to injure the godstrolls when they walked by too close. The male fell injured and was later killed.  Suoki stayed behind to try to get blood from him. The enraged female went after Lyoth who drew her out and Stawren  lay in hidding to kill her,

What ingeneous use of the sharp edge of a farmling tool. The female godstroll fell when her hanstring was suddenly cut and then killed when her head was cut off.

The farmers are safe now after the heroes acted  and the three have some godstroll blood. They need more unfortunately. 

Edited by akascrubber
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Well, our trio were not able to collect what they needed but they stopped the reign of terror these two were inflicting on the farms and farmers in this area.  

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

As big as they are, shouldn't there be gallons of residual blood left in their bodies? Nothing totally exsanguunates from a couple of wounds.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, drpaladin said:

As big as they are, shouldn't there be gallons of residual blood left in their bodies? Nothing totally exsanguunates from a couple of wounds.

You're totally right that only a few wounds would not bleed out quickly, but I understand the amount of blood and the speed at which it exits the body through fully severed tracheal and thyroid arteries is extreme, and if that's the case, there would not have been much blood to collect. Please correct me if I'm incorrect, but they are going to have to figure out something else to help them collect the blood more efficiently.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Adam Andrews Johnson said:

You're totally right that only a few wounds would not bleed out quickly, but I understand the amount of blood and the speed at which it exits the body through fully severed tracheal and thyroid arteries is extreme, and if that's the case, there would not have been much blood to collect. Please correct me if I'm incorrect, but they are going to have to figure out something else to help them collect the blood more efficiently.

Even from major arteries, a body wouldn't bleed out. This is why animal carcasses are hung to finish bleeding out.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Even from major arteries, a body wouldn't bleed out. This is why animal carcasses are hung to finish bleeding out.

Interesting, i guesss i need to do a bit more research and may need to change a few things in this book... hmmm...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Even from major arteries, a body wouldn't bleed out. This is why animal carcasses are hung to finish bleeding out.

There's more explanation coming, so i may not change anything yet... interested in hearing your take when we get there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
20 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Do they actually need all the blood???

It was said it would take the blood from several 

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
45 minutes ago, Adam Andrews Johnson said:

There's more explanation coming, so i may not change anything yet... interested in hearing your take when we get there.

The heart stops when you get to around 40-50% blood loss. Human adults have about 10 pints. An elephant has 65 gallons.

  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..